Instill Belief

lios

I discovered something in the swampy parts while playing online. My Sophia was a bit overwhelmed by the forces she encountered , forcing her to drawback and come up with a different strategy.

so she stared to us Instill Belief on the undead champions to distract lager crowds. That worked fine ad a save distances she converted a unholy one and light up the evening sky whit Radiant Pillars and Cleansing Brilliance while riding on the sacred Saber-toothed Tiger, called miauw.

It was a big success, Sophia was really happy until she found her self crowded by undead friends moving in slowly from behind! And her new friend where also very jealous ones, if a other person joined in the team for the holy crusade they would turn hostel to him or her. (but they or sophia it self could not attack them.)

Just some fast facts,

-the army can teleport with her

-does not have a little follower line on the right side ( like other companions)

-they do have a green pointer on the minimap upper right.

-Are not hostel to npc, just to other players,

-there is no animation that there under the spell... (circle above there head thing)

I have not found out how this can happen. The Combat Art is unmodified. Might be that the undead is killed and then resurrected or something and then becomes permanent... have to do some more testing. ( also for single player)

Exiting the game and rejoining it seems to bee a good way to release the army.

Anyone had the same experience?

Edited by gogoblender
I discovered something in the swampy parts while playing online. My Sophia was a bit overwhelmed by the forces she encountered , forcing her to drawback and come up with a different strategy.

so she stared to us Instill Belief on the undead champions to distract lager crowds. That worked fine ad a save distances she converted a unholy one and light up the evening sky whit Radiant Pillars and Cleansing Brilliance while riding on the sacred Saber-toothed Tiger, called miauw.

It was a big success, Sophia was really happy until she found her self crowded by undead friends moving in slowly from behind! And her new friend where also very jealous ones, if a other person joined in the team for the holy crusade they would turn hostel to him or her. (but they or sophia it self could not attack them.)

Just some fast facts,

-the army can teleport with her

-does not have a little follower line on the right side ( like other companions)

-they do have a green pointer on the minimap upper right.

-Are not hostel to npc, just to other players,

-there is no animation that there under the spell... (circle above there head thing)

I have not found out how this can happen. The Combat Art is unmodified. Might be that the undead is killed and then resurrected or something and then becomes permanent... have to do some more testing. ( also for single player)

Exiting the game and rejoining it seems to bee a good way to release the army.

Anyone had the same experience?

I will have to experiment with my Revered/Celestial seraphim Caster. I haven't used that Combat Art yet.

Yes I can be done, (tried it in bronze single player)

You have to get the health down on an undead. cast the Combat Art on it and hope he gets killed but not destroyed. If he resurrects it will become a new buddy.

But it is also the hard part. just make sure you don't wear any "change to banish undead" or to drink any purple potions.

There not really useful except for the generals (? the ones whit the red cape on, found near clear view) the have a spell that seems to reflect damage.

They will not follow in the sense that there are walking with you, they do walk around but when you move further away they will just appear next to you.

This time when I teleport I lost my army, but this one was also hostel to npc.... (just the guard near in the camp above clearview...)

the rest is still the same. I have to do another test on mp.

So meet Sophia, Miauw and her 3 new friends. ( took about 15 min)

big_0002.png

• 5 weeks later...

Interesting. This sounds like the unplanned "28 Day Later" Vampiress in Sacred1.

The timeout on Instill Belief doesn't come because the target died. But, since the target can resurrect (once for normal skellies and Centurions), it comes back with partial party membership, but without an expiry countdown clock.

Very cool.

Thanks for sharing this.

Makes me wonder though... would your own Cleansing Brilliance buff damage your own skellies? Or would they be immune since they would be in that special state of not-damageable by you (the caster).

Hello everyone!

As much fun as Instill Belief can be,it's all kinds of too buggy for my liking.The most use I have for it is against the scorpion.

I will admit tho that without this CA I would have not had all kinds of fun encounters in Ancaria while traveling the roads!

Temper

This is cooooooooooooooooool!

Is this manageable though without being a pain? HOnestly? Who doesn't like minions...but besides skellies I've never really known one to get to niobium with a good minion build.

Could this be the one?

;)

gogo

This is cooooooooooooooooool!

Is this manageable though without being a pain? HOnestly? Who doesn't like minions...but besides skellies I've never really known one to get to niobium with a good minion build.

Could this be the one?

:)

gogo

Hi Gogo !

Yes it is kinda fun! ;)

However your question answers itself.....*but besides skellies I've never really known one to get to niobium with a good minion build.* :heat:

Using a build specializing in Instill Belief to get to Niob would be beyond frustrating for 99.9% of people.Better just to have a character that uses it to mess around with once every 6 months.

Trust me Gogo the fun value of it would wear off after maybe even your first play session.It's way to unreliable and buggy.Not to mention going thru the method of acquiring said minions EVERY time you want to play. :)

This is only my opinion tho and your mileage may vary.Maybe since Ice and Blood the skill has been revamped?I wouldn't know..it was just that frustrating to use as a standard skill in original that I don't want to revisit it.

Anyway make a seraphim to play around with mate.Ya got nothing to lose. :)

Temper

Also, do not forget that the minions DO attack other players on the server,who can NOT counter this attack... so be very carefull when doing this. I've seen it happen before Ice and Blood to those elementals in grunwald too. Don't know anymore who was playing the seraphim though.