Augmenting Guidon tutor mod not working?

I'm buildng my first shadow warrior and took the augmenting guidon tutor silver mod for the experience gain. However I'm getting the same amount of experience with the guidon up as with it down. I just tested in the desert on some beetles and it was 1135xp either way, I also confirmed that the display matched what was actually added to my total. So what gives, did I waste a mod? In looking through the Shadow Warrior guides I didn't see it mentioned anywhere not to take it (unlike the Dragon Mage familiar insight mod which I've seen mention of it not working). I'm playing Ice and Blood 2.65.2 on closed net if that matters.

Thanks Spunky, yeah I do have some +XP stuff on. I had no idea that would cause it not to work, that doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me though. Is it just socktables or will the built in +XP bonuses from the Denderan's set also cause it to not work?

I just tested it and it looks like you are right, any +XP gear kills it, not just socketables. It seems like a pretty useless mod to me.

But how much XP boost does it give you? And will it eventually.scale to the point where is far exceeds and XP from gear? I don't know, I am just throwing the question out there to discussion.:-)

My AG only level 15 right now and I was getting about 1000xp vs the 1135 with my gear which add 28.2%. So I'm calculating it to be around 13%. So yeah, maybe when I get it to a higher level it may allow me to free up some slots for other gear. It just seems strange that the set armor for that Aspect has the +XP bonus which nullifies one of the mods for a Combat Art in the same aspect. Unless the tutor bonus was meant to apply more to your allies.

Companion buff of the dragon mage modified for experience is same, useless if you wear +xp stuff. We discussed about that in the modding section, but so far it seems as if can't be simple fixed with the community patch.