Pure spec Malevolent Perceptive Champion

So as the title says, Im leveling up this bad boy. Playing till I die(hopefully level 200), and no help from other characters. Currently with these skills:

Malevant C Focus

Polearm Weapons

Armor Lore

Riding

Enhanced Perception

Tactics Lore

And at this point I need to decide one of two directions. On the one hand, the idea of pure speccing appeals to me, so I want to go with something like this:

Constitution

Toughness

Spell Resistance

Combat Discipline

But the only Area of Effect I will have is killing spree and frenzied rampage, I want to be affective at grinding and boss killing ofc. I would run with just RE buff, and high hitpoints from constitution, and mitigation skills rather than avoidance to take advantage of the RE buff. The other option is to finish with something like this:

Death W Focus

Concentration

Combat Discipline

Toughness

Adding in combos with DW tree and the GR buff, a typical setup, but not what I really want to do. So basically Im asking, is the first option gonna work out well? How would you adjust it personally to be a one spec killing machine, ie no DW or AL buffs of arts.

Thankin you,

Rusty Rusto.

I would think you need the following:

Constitution: All life helps, and the regen at mastery is a nice helper

Concentration: so you can use GR

DW Focus: for mod points in GR & raise its maximum level.

Without GR or constitution, you may run low on life and RE can only do so much.

Last skill is your choice, toughness is nice but so is Combat reflexes. Combat Discipline is good too but there aren't that many combos that require 3 Combat Art's

You could go without DW focus, as Tactics gives mod points in both DW & MC trees. I haven't tried a single aspect SW yet.

Not sure you need spell resistance.

Edited by colif
I would think you need the following:

Constitution: All life helps, and the regen at mastery is a nice helper

Concentration: so you can use GR

DW Focus: for mod points in GR & raise its maximum level.

Without GR or constitution, you may run low on life and RE can only do so much.

Last skill is your choice, toughness is nice but so is Combat reflexes. Combat Discipline is good too but there aren't that many combos that require 3 Combat Art's

You could go without DW focus, as Tactics gives mod points in both DW & MC trees. I haven't tried a single aspect SW yet.

Not sure you need spell resistance.

I put the spell res in there for the lack of GR buff, I'm really trying to go with a pure spec MC though. MC only arts, MC only buffs. If the consensus is that it really will fail then I will have to go with something like what you said =( Just wanted to try something a liiiil bit different.

Try and see.. Take constitution for sure. I'm not a big fan of riding.

Its needed for EP, and BS is useless on my version of the game. But this is kinda void now as my inquisitor is the one currently tearing up ancaria =) Also, I did end up taking DW focus on my shadow warrior : / nvm.