Uni 1 -- Beta Clan for Ogame

Myself and a few friends are getting a beta clan going in Uni1 to test out the new interface. It is basically a mix of the redesign interface but with all the standard rules. Apparently all of the universes will be getting the redesign interface eventually, even the ones w/o the redesign rule set, so we are testing it now.

Most of us are veterans in Uni 27 (I have an 800K account there) so we will be able to hold are own in Uni1, even with new accounts. If this proves to be popular, maybe we can get official status with FDM? Uni1 has seen a flood of new members doing the same thing we are, so the uni is certainly alive, with lots of targets, and many potential recruits.

If anyone else is interested please let me know. I know it is exciting again to try to build up from scratch and to re-experience all the joys of the "first" achievements :P

:dusting herself off: yeah someone, not naming any names of course :P, dragged me into Uni 1. :lol: You can look either one of us up and we can get you added to the alliance. There is a little tutorial system built into it, so it will help anyone who hasn't played Ogame yet. It is also great for those of you that did play Ogame before and decided that you want to see what this redesign talk is all about.

Thanks!

The tutorial is almost over for me -- the last step is to build a recycler.

Overall I did not care for the tutorial too much. The rewards were modest, and the building sequence was unintuitive and not very efficient at all. I can see it was developed for newer players just starting out, and not for established players looking for a quick start.

I am starting to get some res built up, so I can help players coming to Uni1 who are experienced and who want to skip the tutorial. If someone is new, however, the tutorial is probably not a bad path to follow.

We have 5 members now, but room for many more :D

Wow, I really didn't know this game existed before I saw this topic and did some research. It looks like it would be fun, but do you need to be a really dedicated player to play? I don't want hours and hours of my time to be taken up by a browser game. If it only requires like 5-10 of time I'd be very interested in playing and eventually hooking up with other people from this site.

Wow, I really didn't know this game existed before I saw this topic and did some research. It looks like it would be fun, but do you need to be a really dedicated player to play? I don't want hours and hours of my time to be taken up by a browser game. If it only requires like 5-10 of time I'd be very interested in playing and eventually hooking up with other people from this site.

Hey Ryan!

You can play as much or as little as you like. The big thing about Ogame that is diffrent from a lot of other games is that stuff still happens even if you log off. So the key is that it is OK to be offline, as long and you prepare it correctly.

Some people are miners -- they build up planets with supurb resource mines and defenses, log in once a day to initiate build orders, and log back off until the next day.

Some are fleeters, who spend a lot of time online building ships and raiding other worlds. Then they send their fleet on certain expeditions and adventures while they are offline so that the fleet is not vulnerable to attack while they are away.

Some people play a mix -- it is all about what you want out of it :D

For the first week or two you can follow the tutorial on and off as you like. New players have special protections so it is really rare to be attacked. You can get an account at http://www.ogame.org/. Add me as a friend if you decided to get ingame and we can get you clanned and get some resources (res) sent your way!

Edited by KOTR

Oh, thanks KOTR! Used to play alot of text-based games (medieval style though) and this looks like a really good one. According to your description, this would just the kind of browser game I need. I am trying to set up an account, but don't know which universe I should start out with. Any ideas?

Oh, thanks KOTR! Used to play alot of text-based games (medieval style though) and this looks like a really good one. According to your description, this would just the kind of browser game I need. I am trying to set up an account, but don't know which universe I should start out with. Any ideas?

So glad to hear it Ryan!

And yes - -Universe 1 is the one we are in right now. It has a bunch of new people, and it is using the new interface that the other universes are getting -- plus it has the tutorial.

Also make sure you are in ogame.ORG. That we we can all hook up and provide clan support ;)

Just set up an account and got started on the tutorial. Sent KOTR a buddy request and applied for the alliance. Looks like a pretty solid game so far.

Groovie, Welcome to our little group Ryan. ;) If you have any question, do not hesitate to ask

Just set up an account and got started on the tutorial. Sent KOTR a buddy request and applied for the alliance. Looks like a pretty solid game so far.

Groovie, Welcome to our little group Ryan. :) If you have any question, do not hesitate to ask

It is all good!

Our clan rank is moving up fast, and our accumulated knowledge from previous Unis is really showing now :)

There is going to be a lot of surprise when the locals discover that this group of "newbies" is really a core team of hardened veterans. Mwuhahahahah!

Edited by KOTR
why Uni 1 though. Why not any of the new uni's? Won't it be a matter of time before this one bleeds out again, like so many old uni's do ?

Universe 1 is back over 1500 people, so it is going to be around for awhile :)

Also unlike the newer universes, Uni1 has the original rule set. 1x speed, ACS attack and defend, and none of that "astrophysics" shenanigans. The only change to Uni one is like 1000 new members, and the redesign interface.

Some of us do have accounts in other unis (I have a 800K+ account on uni 27 and 100k+ in uni26) but we spread out and we are not all organized together there and we are all in different clans. Uni 1 is the place were we are all starting over and fresh and and clanning together and getting used to the newer interface.

If you are looking to restart in a crowded universe with your peers at about the same level, then this is the time and place to do it :)

Edited by KOTR

We have plenty of room guys, so if you are interested in testing out redesign or you start going through Ocrack withdrawal :), know that you are more than welcome to join us. :)

The original Beta team is finishing up the tutorial, and we are accumulating extra res to help newer people out. So this is a good time to hop in and get a quick start :D

Dave and I have accomplished what we wanted to do in universe 1, learn the redesigned layout. We will be going back to Universe 27 since they will be getting redesign on Tuesday. Anyone that wishes to join us can contact myself or Dave. We will be returning to the third highest alliance in universe 27. I have a 125k account, and Dave has a 875k account. We will be more than happy to help anyone that would like to come over and join us.