Furian's Ice & Blood Guide To The Ultimate Warrior

• 1 month later...

Hi.

I am doing a similar build like this.

The differences are I sawpped Sword Lore to Hafted Weapons and put Constitution instead of Spell Resistance. As for the last skill I might change Damage Lore for Toughness, it depend on.

As for the last skill should I change Damage Lore for Toughness or leave it?

My question would be how to mod fully Grim Resiliance? Which one is better and more beneficial at higher levels to choose : more life points or life regeneration? I read that over level 100 Fortify can give 5000-6000 more HP and it is significant while monsters can hit 15k and constitution mastery can give good enough regeneration per second.

Regards.

• 2 months later...

Good morning,

I plan to buy Sacred 2 Gold Soon™ Can I build and play this character on Fallen Angel 2.43 and then use it when I install S2Gold?

Yeah, thats fine. You may want to back up your save files before installing gold, but otherwise there are no issues in regards to save game compatibility.

• 1 year later...

Furian, thank you for all the info. I have followed your build through level 12 on silver. Playing on PC btw. I was planning on having this Character learn Enhanced Perception and therefore Blacksmithing in order to get EP. If you were to drop two skills from this build which two would you sacrifice? Am I making a huge mistake? I don't have any builds with these skills and I think it is about time get one.

Also seperate question, and again using I&F on PC, I do not have an option to learn bargaining as a skill. Is this unavailable to Shadow Warriors or is this a bug?

• Like! 1

Hey there - the Shadow Warrior is the one character who can't learn Bargaining. I might not have known the answer but by sheer coincidence I was just looking at those skills on the SacredWiki:

http://www.sacredwiki.org/index.php/Sacred_2:Skills

There you can see which characters can learn which skills. Hope it's helpful.

As to the first question: I think Blacksmithing is pretty great. This build is also so powerful that I don't think you'll suffer any noticeable loss in offense/defense by taking Enhanced Perception as well. My 2 cents.

EDIT: Forgot to say what I'd replace. I'd lose Damage Lore (not worth trying to get secondary effects - your blows will be so powerful that they'll be dead before they the secondary effects can do any good). Swap it with Blacksmith.

You could lose Combat Discipline as well. I probably wouldn't, not for Enhanced Perception. But it won't kill you.

Edited by Flix
  • Like! 1

Furian, thank you for all the info. I have followed your build through level 12 on silver. Playing on PC btw. I was planning on having this Character learn Enhanced Perception and therefore Blacksmithing in order to get EP. If you were to drop two skills from this build which two would you sacrifice? Am I making a huge mistake? I don't have any builds with these skills and I think it is about time get one.

Also seperate question, and again using I&F on PC, I do not have an option to learn bargaining as a skill. Is this unavailable to Shadow Warriors or is this a bug?

Hey Scott!

Saw your post go up, wanted to say welcome to DarkMattesrs!

Furian's guide to the Shadow Warrior got him a lot of accolades, specially from me when I used to level with him so quickly because he could mush everything so fast with the power from this build's setup ^^

:superman:

gogo

• 6 months later...
  • 7 months later...

Hey there everyone! I'm, quite new to Sacred 2. Started out playing the Dragon Mage, but somehow I just want battles in the first row with bloody sword and all the nice view so I thought why not give the shadow warrior a try. :D

It appeared that I had not fully understood how to really do a good build in this game, as I just ate runes in packs of dozens for the combat arts I loved to cast. which of coures increased the reg. time to an immese amount.

I have read though this guide and I'm really eager to try this. There is just a thing I am not really understanding. You pointed out how to put points into what kind of skills and at what level to keep them etc. You also gave explanations to all the CA you seem to put runes into. Aside from Grim Resillience (sorry for typos. I play this in german...) you didn't really explain how many runes you eat into what abilities. Do you think you can sort of make a little list of how many runes you eat for certain abilities? That would be super awesome. Cause atm I am a bit lost and only know in what skills and character stats should be invested. But not into what CA xD Really. I am SO eager to do this and would love for some reply. I know this topic is quite old. But hey. Sacred never dies ;)

Cheers!

Luni

I don't think there is any set number while leveling up.

Just keep an eye on your regen time and when it gets really low you can afford to read a rune or two. (Usually buffs first for me)

I normally wait till level 20's or 30's before I start reading runes.

If you socket them into gear you only get half(ish) of the regen penalty.

Thats an interesting point you mention! Thanks for the quick response :)

Do you have a sort of good value of said reg time in mind that I should aim for and to try to keep?

(I played the first Sacred and there only made it to Silver xD so yeah. I sort of need to understand how to best work with the runes^^)

With frenzied rampage you wouldn't want anything over 4 sec.

Demonic blow and scything sweep I'd personally aim for 1.0 to 1.6 sec.

Now if you are around level 20 to 30 and have eaten a dozen or so runes your regen times will be high but you can fix it with the following

- Put points into your focus skills and into concentration when you level up

- Get some regen per hit rings (alot easier if you have a bargainer to put them into your shared chest)

- Get some +skills gear

- Find gear with regen time/aspect -%

which you can get on yellow and set items.

Alot of times you won't get your optimal regen times till you get enough points in focus skills or get to level 50 or so as some builds take time to shine. Alot of people will just eat one rune and get higher CA levels through gear which is easy to do once you know what items your'e after.

Wow thanks alot! that means I can carefully eat a few runes as long as I also put points into concentration and/or have bonuses that give me -%reg time. Okay that gives me a rough idea on how many runes I can eat xD At the moment I am level 18 and have for all just eaten one rune so far xD my inventory is bursting from runes. Are there any skills that I can eat loads of runes into (aka: the more the better)?

It's good that you only ate one rune, I thought you ate more. With the regen time/ aspect -% on gear I should add that it's easier for other classes. The dryad has a few set items with cap' hunter -% and can get jewellery with -% regen through bargaining.

Of the things I listed Regen per hit is what you should go after to help your regen times - it makes the biggest difference FWIK. Stay with one rune and try and get higher CA levels through gear. If you get to higher levels you could eat a couple more I geuss.

With excess runes you could change them to rousing command or killing spree or change them to other combat arts like acute mind, dashing alacrity, grand invigoration and keep them available when you want to play other classes.

• 2 years later...

Hello :)

Furian your build looks very inspiring and professional and I would like to play it and learn from your experience.

But first I need one answer - should I enable or disable Expert Touch for this build ?

I will be very grateful for any - quick ;P - answer.

Hello :)

Furian your build looks very inspiring and professional and I would like to play it and learn from your experience.

But first I need one answer - should I enable or disable Expert Touch for this build ?

I will be very grateful for any - quick ;P - answer.

Indeed...welcome to DarkMatters, Niflash!

:poweromg:

gogo

chattius, gogo - thanks a lot for the warm welcome and quick answer :)

Welcome to the forum

If more than one tree is used the old regeneration method is best. But after 30 levels or so Regeneration per Hit gear is all you need anyway.

That's a relief, thx for this info ;)

• Like! 1