Which Seraphim combat art mods to avoid for Exalted Warrior and Revered Tech aspect?

SpaceAce

Can anyone advise me a bit which combat art mods I should avoid in exalted warrior and revered tech aspect .

greetings and welcome to FDM!

Which to avoid? hmmm it might be easier to list the ones we think you should take, but it all depends on the purpose of the build. General play, boss killer, etc

it might be easier to take a look at the Seraphim guides section and see what a few of the players are recommending.

here: http://darkmatters.org/forums/index.php?showforum=357

cheers

loco

It thoroughly depends on your fighting style.

If you want to fight with hand to hand weapons, mod the Exalted aspect arts for damage and quick CA spamming and the revered aspect for utility (stunning, CA spamming, etc). If you want to use the BFG or another ranged weapon, mod all for CA spamming.

They are all solid Combat Arts with the Seraphim!

The only "weak" CA you will find resides in the Celetsial Tree. Which is called "Instill Belief".

To date, I have not found a legit use for this CA. Perhaps in Bronze or Silver? But, Plat...Niob. Nawww

I remain, Etherian

~p.s.~ Welcome to the FDM

Assailing Somersault anyone? :) I guess it has its uses when your graphically gliched, but I've never actually used it in battle. Even worse on consoles because you had to manually target where you wanted to jump. Drove me nuts :D

I have looked in all these builds and find only couple combat art mod . I play close combat seraphim and favor Soul Hammer and Flaring Nova arts . For now I play her only in sp so I need her to kill all what comes before her .

@ Etherian I mean combat art modifications not arts itself

Its just that its really easy to mess up your char by mods only , I have done that .

Edited by SpaceAce

If you are taking Flaring Nova you may want to take Bronze - Impulse, Silver - Stun, Gold - Flux. Impulse will get you two expanding circles and with Stun you get two chances to stun your enemies. Also Flux is great mob killer.

Edited by S-P
The only "weak" CA you will find resides in the Celetsial Tree. Which is called "Instill Belief".

To date, I have not found a legit use for this CA. Perhaps in Bronze or Silver? But, Plat...Niob. Nawww

What's wrong with Instill Belief? Take the Ellocution mod & you convert all monsters within it's area of effect. Good for splitting up a mob I'd say (not that that's particularly necessary for a seraphim).

For exalted warrior:

Dashing Alacrity - if you take a weapon lore by the end you will have fast attack speed to cap and this won't do anything. You might want to play mounted and then the run speed is meaningless. For bronze mods if you have EW focus eventually you'll eat so many runes that both attack and run speed are at cap regardless so that means bronze doesn't make any difference end game. So as you can see endgame the only thing DA does is prevent root and help you run in caves. That is why the silver gold combo to get perpetual DA is not that good. By the time you have enough runes to make it perpetual (duration longer than cooldown) by that time you will be mounted with mastery in your weapon = max attack speed.

But early on this is a huge boost to damage particularly at bosses. And it will always help with root and caves. The gold mod for recharge will always be useful. I am not sure if it helps with casting speed but that would be good.

bronze both good

silver - don't take damage when wounded because you should always heal yourself when injured

gold both good

Battle stance

bronze both good

silver ditto

gold - don't take idol unless your playing multiplayer with a buddy. 95% of the time even multiplayer you are alone because nobody is your level and level divergence results in death and less xp

Pelting strikes

All good - notice that some of them are about hitting people and cutting through armor whereas the others are damage.. more to hit and you need less socketing to hit.... probably not needed with battle stance

Sommersault

all good though I think stun is better than bewilder for gold mod. Decide if its going to be transportation or combat. If transportation then only need bronze mod.

Soul Hammer

bronze gold - both good

silver - battering because bosses don't usually have weapons and nothing else lives long after this is applied.... ok champions the silver might help but if your defensive strategy is relient on applying a 1 target combat art to protect you... well you are going to die. This would be better if it was a debuff that would help against bosses which is the only situation when you are just beating a single target to death with no other interference, but alas bosses rarely have weapons.

Revered Technology-

Warding energy- All good

BFG - depends if you want combat arts or left clicks. Take damage on the latter and regen on the former. The accuracy mod is awesome for hitting, but the piercing mod is actually decent for speed killing mobs of guys. The reason is that with battle stance its already easy to hit people and you will want tactics lore so that gives you modding of battle stance and possibly exalted warrior. So you already hit pretty good. But the piercing thing lets you kill an extra guy every once in awhile which lets you kill mobs slightly faster. I think at high levels accuracy probably saves you from socketing things to help you hit things. So you can socket something else. So both gold mods good.

Divine Protection-

Both gold mods are good but magic is a little more dangerous on higher difficulties. seraphim's high dex + battle stance often helps the seraphim avoid ranged fire..

bronze and silver give you either a stronger energy strength or else you can keep the shield up longer. It is possible to always have the shield up at very high CA levels but that is a high level char only. So pick between a 15 second shield nobody (of same relative power as YOU) can hack with 60 second cooldown or else a shield that CAN be hacked but that you can just recast in 40 seconds..... The longer duration on the shield makes it endure longer in the battle or mob. Both good.

Nova-

bronze and silver - all good. 2 pulses is more damage but less area. stun or attack debuff? your choice

gold - take damage because slowing people isn't too useful for this small area.

Archangel

bronze - 2 bolts... way better particularly with rph *note: with horrible gear where you can barely damage a champ or boss having 1 big bolt to pierce armor might be better but eventually you'll find good gear!

gold - crit ---- crits the physical and fire also crit hits right away but burn takes 5 seconds to deal all its damage. Only reason I wouldn't take is if I was loading up with + crit gear for some reason and already had crits maxed but that would be stupid because the slots it takes to max crit you could just bang in whets blacksmith art and do way more damage..

silver explode for melee mobs and clusters of archers

lock for bosses and casters

Edited by claudius

Also if anybody has some suggestions for mp healer seraphim would be cool . What skills to take and attribute allocation .

Thank you claudius . Thats what I was looking for

As far as going off of this build::

Dual Wield Shopper

EW & Rev Tech

Combat Arts:

1. Enhanced Perception

2. Bargaining

3. Sword Weapons

4. Dual Wield

5. EW Focus

6. Armor Lore

7. Concentration

8. Constitution

9. ?

10.?

What skills should I choose for 9 and 10? Im thinking Rev Tech focus at level 50 for the mod points in Warding Energy, Nova, and Divine Protection. But what about the 65?

Any help would be appreciated.