Start-up and seraphim quests.

devon

Hi I have two things, not sure if they're bugs/ or not, and whether they're related to the CM patch or not. 1. When I start the game up and it gets to the menu, I have to Alt/Tab out of the game and then back to be able to use the buttons to select single player etc. 2. When I close the game down at night then re-start the game the next morning the Seraphims quest arrow (the dark blue one) in no longer there. It doesn't show up on the map or anything. It's like it's not updating to the next stage of the quest line, are these two problems related to the CM patch or are they just normal Sacred 2 problems. I am running Windows 7 Ultimate, 4gb Ram, nVidia 9800GT video card, and all drivers are up to date.

EDIT: Solved the first part of these problems, with a reinstall, but the Seraphim quest line has still not reappeared even after a re-install of Sacred 2.

Edited by nugar

I have exactly the same problems and I am also using Win7, although I am not using Ice & Blood and am only patched to 2.40. I also use the alt+tab to get the starting menu to work, even after 2 re-installs. The quest arrow problem is a persistant pain, but you just have to click on the quest title in your journal each time you reload and the arrow reappears.

So these are not problems with the CM patch,since Iam not using it. They must be integral to the game itself and did not get corrected by any of the patches.

Edited by podgie_bear

Hmm, I had the first mentioned trouble too, along with some messed up things. Corrected after couple of re-installs. As mentioned elsewhere, Sacred 2 can be a bit tricky at times.

About the latter: My guess is that Blood&Ice somewhat broke the Seraphim quest-line, along with other things. Too bad there won't be any official patches, as not all things are accesible without the sources and stuff.

Haven't tried that seraphim thing in latest 0080 version of CM patch yet. Mebbe it's fixed.

But I'm sure that czevak, Marcus and others will fix those things in given time. If possible. ^^

• 1 year later...

It's for all characters, including Dragon Mage. No more patches will be coming out. And in the final patch, it hasn't been fixed.

So you can't fix that. Just keep clicking on journal, it's only required when you load up the game.

This bug isn't as bad as others. Just be grateful :L.