Podgie the Bearbarian

I am now going full out playing this character to try and get him to level 200 asap. I have just ordered my copy of Ice & Blood and want to try and finish this build before it gets here, because when it does I shall be rather immersed in trying out the Dragon Mage and finding all the improvements to the game as I FINALLY get to play HC online again! :):):yay:

Very nice write up Podgie though I have to admit... Of all of it what I love most is the build name. :)

Podgie the Bearbarian! :eek:

Well what other name could you expect from a grouchy old grizzly bear like me, Podgie the Pooh?

Actually the name was given to me by my wife, she said it suited me down to the ground and that I would look completely in character as some sort of viking berserker with a huge axe on my back, a half gnawed ham hock in one hand and a horn of mead in the other. She also said that I sing like death groans of his victims (she might be right about that bit).

I think that I am just a big teddybear. :4rofl: Especially now that she made me shave my beard off. :D

Edited by podgie_bear

Now I get something. In Sacred2 Fallen Angel (pre-expansion) there is no RpH --Regeneration per Hit. Thus, Podgie can't speed up regeneration of his combat arts with the mixed spells first then melee attacks (or spell attacks that are sort of considered melee {Spectral Hand}).

Got it.

Level 151 already! Wow! My SW is about level 50. Kudos for you ability to run the wasteland. I suffer from distraction [A.D.D.? :blush: ] and move from character to character.

Now I am different, I suffer from target fixation. I can't feel comfortable moving on to something new until I have finished stomping the last one to death. It makes me absolutely useless at 1st person shooters or air combat games, I get so tied up with killing the target in front of me that I ignore the dozen or so others that come up behind me.

Edited by podgie_bear
I took Combat Discipline as another way to increase the Forts' damage...

Well, found out last night that Combat Discipline does not increase Skeletal Fortification's damage. Boo hoo. Ancient Magic, for the win! 8)

I wonder how about Damage Lore to add to Skel Fort and Spectral Hand? Anyone have any opinions on that? I know sort of a wasted skill ( Weapon mastery or Tactics) to get it. It seems like it may be worth it

I have been running the same build on Xbox 360. My first one before I deleted Sacred 2 from my hard drive was level 190.

When I picked up my new copy a couple of months ago, I re-made him. The best thing about this all armor sockets are filled with xp so I have about 230%.

Orc Caves are very easy and I also like running from Windswept Fortress to the Nameless.

Astral Lord Lore

Astral lord Focus

Concentration

Tactics lore

Riding

Enhanced Perception

Armor Lore

Duel Wield

Malevolent Champion Focus

Ancient Magic

combat arts

Astral:

Shadow Veil : Creep (1a), Fade (2b) and Sinister Pact => Increase furtivity + Reduces detection with spells + Permanent effect (buff)

Nether Allegiance : Sharp Blades (1b), Tower Shield (2b) and Elite Equipment (3b) => Damage + Armor x2

Skeletal Fortification : Rapid Fire (1a), Ice Shards (2b) and Scatter Shot (3a) => Firing rate + Ice Damage + another projectile

Rallied Soul : Armament (1a), Vivification (2a) and Contagion (3a) => Armor + Soul duration + Infection

Malevolent Champion:

Augmenting Guidon : Ensign (1b), Healing (2a) and Fear (3a) => Expend Area of effect + Healing in the area of effect + Reduces attack of the opponents

Reflective Emanation : Backslash (1b), Antimagic (2b) and Idol (3b) => Reflect ranged + Reflect spells/AdC + Area effect

Belligerent Vault : Routine (1b), Shock (2b) and Commotion (3a) => Regeneration + Confused/slow down + Stun in the area.

That is definitely the best way to level up, after all if you are permanently veiled, you do not need ANY armour. So you can pick any armour no matter how inappropriate it is just to take advantage of its sockets. ie, a level 10 cuirass with 3 sockets is better than a level 200 cuirass with only 1 socket. Then pack those sockets with +xp%, damage +% or regen +% jewelry!

To be completely honest, I have absolutely no idea.

This build is so powerful that from level 65 onwards I played it completely 'au naturelle', that is I threw away all my armour and weapons and played him with no equipment whatsoever, just to see what he could do. And he still kicked butt! This build is so powerful that nothing can stand against it, nothing even tries to hit him and he is so overwhelmingly awesome that playing him verges on the boring! In fact, I have just upgraded to Ice & Blood and my last act before the upgrade was to delete this character from ny harddrive because it is just too powerful. I have not even attempted to build a Shadow Warrior since.

I know that one day he will be rebuilt, but I cannot face playing him at the moment. I desperately need to play characters that are more of a challenge and will struggle for a while.

hi, I have followed this guide.

my warrior is lev 21, and I'm in front of Octagolamus.

my skeletal fortification do 515 damage, but it seems it didn't work on Octa, nothing, not even 1 damage, I see the skeletal turning, but not firing.

I think Octa is immune to skeletal fortification

I play on xbox360.

You just have to attract his attention. Switch off your Shadow Veil for a couple of seconds and he will notice you are there, then switch it back on again and he will be unable to find you or attack you. But because he is now hostile to you, Skeletal Fortification will now shoot at him.

I just tried and done like you said.

it didn't work better at the beginning, octa see me, drag me near her to do me a big kiss, and then I disappear again.

I throw a skeleton fortification and nothing happen...

I run back, appear, and finally...

it seem that you have to make octa move a little and then it work. if she didn't move from her starting point, nothing happen, even if octa see you.

strange.

thanks for your guide, and thanks for your help :)

You are quite welcome, I hope you enjoy playing this build as much as I did making it.

PS Octa never touched me, but I was riding past at full speed and as far away from her as I could get while still having her on the same screen!

Was wondering if you had second thoughts about choosing to pump Stamina. IIRC, Intelligence would boost SF damage. Do you find yourself wishing you had more damage from SF, or are you happy with the lower regen times from Stamina? Does this hit a wall somewhere where it doesn't really matter?

I've been playing my version of this build, level 33 so far and pumping Stamina. Seems to work quite well to keep regen times reasonable so far.

I personally have never had any regrets about pumping stamina. when you can get 3 skellie forts going at the same time, each shooting 2 arrows?

Well just watch the wonderful green xp's scrolling up the screen. What a beautiful sight!

Even mobs of Flying Daemon Champions in the Wastelands at Niobium level last mere seconds.

Edited by podgie_bear

I have erased my character because of a big mistake, and restarted a new one last night (short night...)

my first shadow warrior eated 45 shadow veil rune to be 100 % invisible, it was a very very bad idea.

the regen augmentation is huge on shadow veil, it must be avoided at all cost, and the invisible % go up by itself anyway, just by leveling the character and pumping astral lord focus and lore.

so, I think only one rune for shadow veil is enough, and every gear that increase shadow veil must be avoided, like + ... to all combat art, + ... shadow veil, aspect : astral lord + ...

now, I am level 17, and my shadow veil with 1 rune has + 5,6 % regen and 52% invis, and below I see that with 2 rune the regen is + 8,4 %. I was over +65% regen with my last character...

I took my Shadow Veil to 100% (about 25 runes) as soon as possible, then never increased it again. The character is a little bit of a slow starter, but with Astral Focus, Concentration and pumping Stamina, the regen penalty starts to come down fairly soon. Anyway, once you are 100% invisible your character is unbeatable and you can just take yout time collecting xp for the next few levels until the regen comes down, there is no rush. And it is on the higher levels (75+) that it really shines, that is when it becomes the Mass Killer!

Edited by podgie_bear
  • 1 month later...
I took my Shadow Veil to 100% (about 25 runes) as soon as possible, then never increased it again. The character is a little bit of a slopw starter, but with Astral Focus, Concentration and pumping Stamina, the regen penalty starts to come down fairly soon. Anyway, once you are 100% invisible your character is unbeatable and you can just take yout time collecting xp for the next few levels until the regen comes down, there is no rush. And it is on the higher levels (75+) that it really shines, that is when it becomes the Mass Killer!

im new and confused about what eating a rune is? im level 6 and I cliekd on about 6 shadow viel runes and it doesn't level up