Common and Rare Uniques?

I am trying to confirm what I think I already know - that some unique items are much, much more difficult to find than others. I'm mainly referring to weapons here, although I have noticed the same trend with jewelry.

For example, these uniques drop quite commonly. I've probably gotten at least 10 of each of these through all my playing:

Pirita's Bone Staff

Ignius Magica

Cordell's Javelin of War

Cheops' Eye

Ileias' Dirk

Ancrid's Blade

Unireth's Lightning

Testa's Annihilator

Optimus Minimus

Sword of the Blood Dryads

Seyr's Klinge

Then there are uniques which I have NEVER seen/had drop before, such as:

Lorga's Sword

Extremely Mighty Bat of Devastation

Excalibran

Ice Flash

Orc Slayer

Slicing Scythe

Kernforce's Cutlass

Zeptel's Short Sword

Kullgard's Taskwatch

Skullsplitter

Lar's Hammer

I tried to make sure none of these are in Ice & Blood, as I'm playing on console. I would think that the weapons which do not spawn as often would be harder to find, but a lot of these spawn just as much or more than items in the first list (according to the wiki). So my question is, has everyone else's experience been closely similar to mine as far as finding these items? At first I always thought it was just luck/coincedence that I have not found some of these uniques, but when I see that I am finding 10 of one unique and zero of another, it seems there has got to be something else going on - that some uniques are much harder to find than others. But maybe for some of you, a Slicing Scythe drops more often than a Sword of the Blood Dryads? Please do tell! :)

I will affirm your "common" list, but maybe the Blood Dryad sword drops "less" than the others on the list, IMO. I pretty much curse when those drop for me now.

I have never, ever seen:

Extremely Mighty Bat of Devistation ( :) the name)

Slicing Scythe

Kullgard's Taskswatch.

I only remember getting one of:

Excalibran

Ice Flash

Flame Smiter

Lorga's Sword

Zeptel's Short Sword

Kenforce's Cutlass

Lar's Hammer

But the others on your "rare" list I have gotten multiples, but only 2 or 3 at maximum.

Question: you wrote Orc Slayer, did you mean Orc Shock? I've never heard of the Slayer, if so, but have had quite a few Orc Shocks. Awesome weapon.

How come you have found Lar's Hammer? thought you were playing on console and the hammer wasn't added before Ice and Blood, and Orc Slayer is a Ice and Blood axe only.

How come you have found Lar's Hammer? thought you were playing on console and the hammer wasn't added before Ice and Blood, and Orc Slayer is a Ice and Blood axe only.

*busted*

I guessed at getting one of those... don't know why I thought I had one at some point in time, but I did thought I thought a thought. OOPS. ;)

rhs slipped in a couple of 'tests' into his post 8)

Oops sorry for the Ice and Blood items in there.

Orc Shocks I have also found a lot of. Sword of the Blood Dryads I've definitely gotten at least 10 of, does not seem rare at all. Have only found one Flame Smiter, Lord Wayne's Playerkiller, Executioner's Axe, Pyx's Cudget of Admonishment, Serpent's Tongue, and Rancuil's Dark Flame - these are probably in the same category as the others in my "rare" list.

Yes, those items there are very rare, especially Serpent's/Flame/Lord Wayne's, Rancuil's on the other hand is a pretty common one for me.

I like this topic. Is this really possible...or are we just "feeling" this. Then again...Slicing Scythe has only dropped once for me in all my play time, and I can count the number of smiters I've found in a hand... excalibran, as many have noted here is also rare.

We seem to be noting this.. and I've often wondered if this is actually true... do you guys think that Ascaron has actually weighted some of the uniques as being more rare to drop than others ?

So...Ascaron has actually created a hidden Uniques Hierarchy... and we're all only getting to see it by canvassing drop experiences amongst all of us... we are thinking Ascaron has actually created some uniques as being more important than others... that they actually had time for this?

:)

gogo

Heya,

Lord Wayne's Playerkiller seems to drop as much for me as the Blood Dryads sword. Got a bunch of both. The Serpents/Ice Flash/Excalibran.... about 2 or 3 of each.

Lorga's sword twice.... and Uruks Destiny only once. Kullgards doesnt seem really rare... nor special for that matter.

Definately seems there is a balance in rare and rarer uniques :)

Greetz

So...Ascaron has actually created a hidden Uniques Hierarchy... and we're all only getting to see it by canvassing drop experiences amongst all of us... we are thinking Ascaron has actually created some uniques as being more important than others... that they actually had time for this?

:unsure:

gogo

Well gogo, we already have a hierarchy for legendaries so why not one for uniques? Their are some legendaries that are 15th tier and others that are 14th, so why not almost the same deal with uniques? Maybe there are 12th tier uniques and 13th tier ones? Just some thoughts :sigh:

Well gogo, we already have a hierarchy for legendaries so why not one for uniques? Their are some legendaries that are 15th tier and others that are 14th, so why not almost the same deal with uniques? Maybe there are 12th tier uniques and 13th tier ones? Just some thoughts :sigh:

K, that's cool. I didn't know that someone had found proof that Ascaron had created a hierarchy of Legendaries. This is interesting. Would it be possible, for example to say an example of a Legendary that drops definitely less often than another one?

gogo

Kal'Dur is a top tier unique, that's for sure :sigh: However, since uniques are more likely to drop than legendaries, and people can have various amounts of luck, I surmise making a hierarchy will be quite a challenge, as I am uncertain what are we going to base it on.

Kal'Dur is a top tier unique, that's for sure :sigh:

I would be willing to agree with you on that, if it can be proven that such a hierarchy is existing within uniques or even Legenendaries. Are we all saying that Kal'Dur is a more rarer unique because fewer of us that post here at DarkMatters have written that we are finding the unique as often as we want?

I'm not saying I am purely a mathmeteer. My own gut own this is that Kal'dur drops less often than an Officer's Sword.

But is the only proof of this my own experience plus the reported, posted findings of members who post on the gaming forums?

gogo

I'm gonna whip out some Hume here... I'm thinking that reported observations is pretty much the only thing we know is "true" in this game ... unless it's written in the code...and even that has failed us... this is Sacred 2 after all :unsure:

Since so many of us, who are long time players, are reporting that we are definitely finding certain uniques WAY more than others... it looks like there is some external force at work here.

How to prove though? I think the same thing.. that some uniques are definitely more common than others.

:sigh:

gogo

I've found that you get a lot of 'Circle of Life' dropping, so much so I think it shouldn't even be a unique item. Makes me think that maybe it could be level dependent, as you don't see this item before you hit level 15+.

Edited by S-P

Circle of life and begulor's sparkle....so annoying. I think they're the only uniques that can drop below level 15 and therefore since sets cant, they drop alot when completing quests before you get to level 15.

Also, in regards to the main topic here, you can't forget that different monsters have different drop lists and so if one player play in the same area to level for most of their toons then they are probably going to find more of certain uniques than someone who only levels in other areas.

Circle of life and begulor's sparkle....so annoying. I think they're the only uniques that can drop below level 15 and therefore since sets cant, they drop alot when completing quests before you get to level 15.

Also, in regards to the main topic here, you can't forget that different monsters have different drop lists and so if one player play in the same area to level for most of their toons then they are probably going to find more of certain uniques than someone who only levels in other areas.

That makes sense, so pays to move around to get those better unique items I guess.

I know that it is quite clear that different monsetrs have different drop lists in that you will never find armor, weapons, or uniquies from rats or rat champions but you can from an orc champion, but I don't think there is a difference in drop lists between say an orc champion and an olm champion. Or blood dyrad champion. Or dragon champion. They seem to all follow the "standard" drop list. Has anyone been able to see differences in the game coding as far as what monsters drop what items?

Damage modifer items (ice crystal, poison fang, etc.) and trophies always tend to drop only from certain monsters - always get a lava chunk or two when on Seraphim Island.

I remember reading a thread here once where gogo was trying to get data from users for what items had been dropped in what areas and from what monsters, but it never really gained much steam. Many uniques I've found in different areas all over the map, same with sets. Not able to confirm that any one of them drops only in a certain area. Anyone else?

I remember reading a thread here once where gogo was trying to get data from users for what items had been dropped in what areas and from what monsters, but it never really gained much steam.

Every unique has its own page on the wiki, so do monsters. People could add what monsters dropped what unique.

Then again, some people run with modded game files, and who knows what effects that can have on the drop lists. Still, we could have had a huge database by now... :)

I know that it is quite clear that different monsetrs have different drop lists in that you will never find armor, weapons, or uniquies from rats or rat champions but you can from an orc champion, but I don't think there is a difference in drop lists between say an orc champion and an olm champion. Or blood dyrad champion. Or dragon champion. They seem to all follow the "standard" drop list. Has anyone been able to see differences in the game coding as far as what monsters drop what items?

Damage modifer items (ice crystal, poison fang, etc.) and trophies always tend to drop only from certain monsters - always get a lava chunk or two when on Seraphim Island.

I remember reading a thread here once where gogo was trying to get data from users for what items had been dropped in what areas and from what monsters, but it never really gained much steam. Many uniques I've found in different areas all over the map, same with sets. Not able to confirm that any one of them drops only in a certain area. Anyone else?

I'd say that monsters do definitely have different drop lists, it may not be neccessarily region based, but Cthulhu had a rather indepth look into the drop mechanics of the game and posted this thread which discusses various things that effect drops...danger classes and other things.

As to maxed out drops, if you kill the same type of monster again and again they drop the same things fairly regularly Ive noticed...more proof of droplists...?

Edited by Dragon Brother

I have to agree that enemies do tend to drop the same sort of gear in certain areas, I've noticed that Ileias' Dirk gets dropped a lot by bandit champs in Elf/Human lands, never seen it dropped in desert or swamp region.

I'm almost positive that I've found Ileias's Dirk in many areas (including desert and swamp), I think I've gotten more of those than any other unique (hard to say though since I immediately scrap them as soon as I see it in my inventory nowadays).

Heya,

Lord Wayne's Playerkiller seems to drop as much for me as the Blood Dryads sword. Got a bunch of both. The Serpents/Ice Flash/Excalibran.... about 2 or 3 of each.

Lorga's sword twice.... and Uruks Destiny only once. Kullgards doesnt seem really rare... nor special for that matter.

Definately seems there is a balance in rare and rarer uniques :P

Greetz

Do you happen to remember if you got your Lord Wayne's from the same area or in different areas? You're pretty much the first person to label what most of us would regard as a "rare" unique as a "common," so I'm very interested as to where you found all of them.

I often wonder if every monster has at least one "rare drop" unique that only drops from that particular monster. If every monster had that one rare drop, it would make sense that some uniques are so much harder to find than others, and I believe the numbers would add up pretty good (there are about 30-40 different monsters in the game and about 30-40 rare uniques?). But if Barristan says he got his Lord Wayne's from many different areas it would contradict that.

I apologize for not having more concrete data of my own to offer... for example a couple days ago a quetzal's First Strike and Uruk's Destiny both dropped for me for the very first time, both within about 15 minutes of each other. Not only do I not know what monsters dropped them but I can't even remember what region they dropped in... :) But what I do know is that I was in an area that I have been to many, many times (I wasn't doing any sorty of exploring, just farming mobs). Why would I never have gotten either of those two items before in an area that I kill monsters in frequently?

I apologize for not having more concrete data of my own to offer... for example a couple days ago a quetzal's First Strike and Uruk's Destiny both dropped for me for the very first time, both within about 15 minutes of each other. Not only do I not know what monsters dropped them but I can't even remember what region they dropped in... :P But what I do know is that I was in an area that I have been to many, many times (I wasn't doing any sorty of exploring, just farming mobs). Why would I never have gotten either of those two items before in an area that I kill monsters in frequently?

Katana-type weapons don't get dropped very often, that's probably why we don't see many quetzals.

Maybe it would be a good idea to start making a list of unique items, what dropped them and where. Some items seem really rare, I've only found Artamark's Star the once in Desert region by scorpion champ.

I have only got 1 time the sword of the blood dryads so far. With an other build I got then 2 of them. They seem to drop often in the cursed forest.

Things like Testa's Annihilator and Gronkor's downfall are fairly common, just like Circle of Life.