Scaron - infinite respawning

Hello good players,

I was serching about this interesting thing there on FDM, but without results. So, there it is:

* I discovered that Scaron (Big Beetle Boss in Crystal Planes) respawns over and over during one game session - just defeat him, leave this area via some Portal and return back to Island of Thousand Paths (it is similar like Forest Guardian). It is very easy way how to train different combat strategies against weak Boss and farm some items.

Just for information:-)

* This info is relevant for Ice and Blood CM patch, LAN-free play game mode. I dont tested different game modes yet.

* Of course, my favorite combat video cannot miss there as proof (enjoy in HD with Crystal Plane soundtrack:-)

vaclaf

Edited by vaclaf

Great discovery Vaclaf! he's a good and easy way for my HE to get some set items, and that he respawns is certainly a bonus.

Edited by Spunky

Didnt know that you could spawn the Forest Guardian several times in one game, man what have I been missing :D

So to spawn this bosses you just have to teleport to some place far way and come back to the place where they spawn?

Ohkay...had a look at that: Forest Guardian and Scaron both don't spawn per quests.txt or spawn.txt but are placed directly into the worldmap via the editor (like traders and some beta-time bosses).

Only way to fix that for the CM is editing the worldmap in this area, which we cannot do right now. Oh well nothing elso to say, except: Enjoy. :D

Edited by czevak
Didnt know that you could spawn the Forest Guardian several times in one game, man what have I been missing :D

So to spawn this bosses you just have to teleport to some place far way and come back to the place where they spawn?

As for the Forest Guardian the only thing you have to do is entering the nearby cave as quick as possible after you killed it. This works well on Closed Net, it can be forced to spawn "infinite" times. Great target of farming the the three-slot set items (any class).

Other respawning boss I know is the dragon in the cave of Girvym island. Just use the portal behind it to leave the cave immediately – it puts you in front of the entrance – and you can kill it again.

I forgot to mention that more than likely it works only in Free Play mode and not in Campaign.

Is anyone able to confirm if this works in HC Closed?

I can edit title accordingly

:D

gogo

I've just captured this an hour ago on closed net (EU/HC):

I doubt it would work only for me and not for anyone else. :whistle:

We know that the forest guardian respawns, its scaron we're wondering about here. Still, nice proof for the forest guardian.

Think I have to up my killspeed a bit, anyways thank you Tapir for the proof. I think I most be doing something wrong :D

you have to port right after you kill him. if you wait too long he will not respawn. same as with the orc cave, forest guardian, and dryad dragon

I just confirmed that Scaron respawns in closed net. I activated the monolith near the blue star and after beating it I can tp to there and go back and it will be respawned.

Woot! Thanks for the confirmation larvi :D

"And this is the happy end of one Beetle story and all characters farms him forever after" :-)

To Arms and lets discover something new new!

scaron.jpg

vaclaf

Edited by vaclaf

Definititely a great find, thanks vaclaf. Scaron seems to have a good drop rate for non-aspect sets which can come in handy. In about 20 runs with my seraphim I found the following:

Wings of Revenge

Holy Protection

Greaves of Justice

Helmet of the Halo

2xWristguards of the Dusk

I Just did some mega ganking on the forest guardian, god it felt so good, but the game had to crash when I was entering the cave, oh well cant always win.

You should try lowering some of your graphics settings:

Texture Quality - minimal

Shadow Details - medium (or lower)

PhysX Effects (if you have an nVidia card), Grass Details, Anti-Aliasing, Weather effects - disable them all.

Its normal this game to crash sometimes when you change scenery for example entering caves or teleporting. I already run the game on almost low settings no grass or shadows and physx definitly off.