Did seraphim skin color change in Ice & Blood? Looks blueish white now

Hey all,

I just installed Ice & Blood and the community patch today.

But to my dismay, after logging in my Seraphim has a blueish-white tint and glow to her skin. It definitely looks less real than it did before. At first I thought it was just because it was night, but I tested during daytime and night, and in different locations.

Was this changed in Ice & Blood? Or the community patch? Or is it because I now have UK files installed? (I.e. was the skin always this way in UK but not US?) Also, I notice the face tattoo is blue too now. It used to be black. Lips look a little different too, and the chains on the neck/breast armor are blueish as well.

I really don't like the skin :whistle:

Here's a screenshot, sorry for the really large png file. (it may take a minute to load) I can post a comparison shot too if anyone wants so you can see the before/after.

blueskin.png

Edited by gogoblender

I play Ice&Blood with the newest patch, 2.65.2.0 (Just to clearify for you) :whistle:!

Well anyhow, my colors haven't changed to my Seraphim, which was created in Fallen Angel, still have the normal skin color, I can take a screen if you want me to.

-Kryptoz

Hmm... odd. Could it be maybe the community patch? Or would installing Ice & Blood somehow screw up my elite graphics? Elite was still able to be selected just fine. I'm really confused why my seraphim looks so different now.

I patched:

Sacred2-US-2_40_0_0.exe

Sacred2-UK-2_64_0_0-2_65_1_0.exe

Sacred2-MULTI-2_65_1_0-2_65_2_0.exe

cm-patch.zip

BTW here's some of my "before" shots: (with different gloves)

normalskin1.pngnormalskin2.png

Edited by Star64
Have had the same thing happening with my HE after I installed Ice and Blood, looks horrible with the extremely white skin.

hmmm, so it's not just me then. and not just limited to seraphim

I wonder if our installs are somehow corrupt? or maybe the save files? I'll investigate some more and see what I come up with...

Hmm... I think it's somehow related to the save file, because my other seraphim looks fine. and my white seraphim looks fine on the character selection screen. hmm... wonder if it would be even worth reinstalling and such to troubleshoot. just really bugs me that my seraphim is white now...

@Spunky: by any chance did you use a save file editor on your HE? Or have you changed hair color with the "sys haircolor" command? I'm thinking maybe our saves could've gotten corrupt somehow by it in Ice and Blood possibly? I dunno...

Edited by Star64

I think it has to be a corrupted saved game. Originally I started my first Seraphim in the US version of Fallen Angel then got the Gold version and transferred my saved games into it. Neither the Seraphim nor the Shadow Warrior were changed and both had their original skin tones. It is rather odd that only her skin color and not her armor changed color though. I noticed that you patched with both a US patch and a UK patch. Could that be the source of your problem?

I think it has to be a corrupted saved game. Originally I started my first Seraphim in the US version of Fallen Angel then got the Gold version and transferred my saved games into it. Neither the Seraphim nor the Shadow Warrior were changed and both had their original skin tones. It is rather odd that only her skin color and not her armor changed color though. I noticed that you patched with both a US patch and a UK patch. Could that be the source of your problem?

Possibly... It's a US fallen angel so I had to patch it to the 2.40 first. although I think Ice & Blood has some patches on the disc so maybe I dind't have to. anyways I'll have to try my pure UK install later that I downloaded a few years ago when I was "trying" the game.

So even on open.net my bf says I look pale white to him too. so I don't know if it's broadcasting the screwed up color or if both our games are screwed up. (he installed his the same way I did mine)

I'll fiddle around with reinstalls later and report back here. Thanks for all the replies sofar.

Edited by Star64

In my opinion the problem lies in ice and blood. My level 10 shopper HE (created on the second day of play, so that should be march 2009) got a similar type of skin after I changed to Ice and Blood.

I think it's an issue with a certain type of S2FA characters.

It could be due to the way that the skin colours could be changed when you created a toon and a slightly different default value being selected maybe?

Don't know: if that holds true, then all characters carried into Ice and Blood from FA should be affected not just the HE IMO. Tend to agree with Dobri. Seems that the HE has more choice sliders than the other toons and the alignment might not be right in the transfer. Dobri probably only used the EU patches and still had the same thing happen to him. That kinda shoots down my idea that using two different origin patches was the culprit.

Simple way to check if it's a hosed save game - Launch the game and create a new version of your existing character. Seraphim looking like she could use a few weeks in a tanning bed? Create a new one. Does the new one look "normal" or bleached?

Yeah I've confirmed it's somehow the save file, since new characters look fine.

I got a response on the official Sacred2 forums by Marcuswob (author/contributor of the community patch)

If you've played a char with version 2.43 before installing Ice and Blood, your char will get pale like described above.

If you try other chars not played with 2.43 before, the skin will stay as it is, but you may loose some parts from the inventory or even the char itself will become broken. This may happen, but it may also workout fine. So backup your chars before playing them for the first time with the addon.

There's nothing we can do with the cm-patch to fix this.

CU Marcus

But I'm not sure if this is isolated to ONLY US+UK installs or other regions mixed. I'm not sure I'm reading this right, but it's saying ALL saves ported from 2.43 would be effected by this? Or maybe he just means some experience bugs like this. Or is he talking abuot the community patch causing this? I would think not, right? he says "addon" so I'm guessing Ice & Blood addon.

I really want to test with pure UK+UK with an older save and see if this happens again. I wonder if there's some kind of command to change skin colors, like "SYS HAIRCOLOR" for hair. or if it would be possible to locate the skin color in the game save. (decoded with s2dec.exe first)

Edited by Star64

I FOUND A FIX!

An AWESOME save game editor that even allows you to change your hairstyle, hair color, imp color, and skin colors PERMANENTLY!

This is the default style for the seraphim pre-Ice and Blood shown below

setaphimdefaultpreicebli.png

Download Link

Source code

credit to "Karach0s" from www.cheathappens.com (you can find his original post here)

Edited by Star64