[CM-Patch] New Boss- Color poll!

czevak

Choose the color you like best.  

32 members have voted

1. 1. I got two color variations for a new CM Boss which one do you like best?

• The blue one.
    • The red one.

Hideyho to all fans and disciples of the CM Patch! :P

Today I need your help in making a special choice:

What color should the new onyx spiketurtle boss be?

The blue one?

blue.jpg

Or would you rather prefer the red one?

onyx.jpg

Edit: As promised here are two HD tubes of the variants on the move:

Tell me in this nifty poll. :)

Edited by czevak

Another part of your good work ! :P

Blue is better for Crystal Plains and Red for Blood Forest. :) (for me)

Edited by Woody

I voted blue since I think it looks best, but I think that red has the potential to look better, it doesnt seem like the red glow effect isn't applied as well as the blue one. The red does go well with those enemies though...so red could be good.

What color should the new onyx spiketurtle boss be?

The blue one?

Or would you rather prefer the red one?

Tell me in this nifty poll. :P

plaid.. it's color should be plaid :)

I don't suppose someone would mind re-posting the pics so that I can see them? :Phttp://czevak.cz.funpic.de is being blocked by my work firewall (which I can't get around) for "Spyware effects"... ####wits...

blue1282046871.jpg

red1282046871.jpg

I'm undecided! They both look great.. maybe leaning towards red.

I think I have to mention, that the glow gets much more intense when the creature is in focus (mouseover). The game engine adds about +0.3 Gamma when the creature is in focus.

On the pictures both are out of focus. I think I need to prepare two tube videos of them moving, so you can see better how the reflections play on the surface. :P

Suggestions for eye color is up for dibs also by the way. :)

Edited by czevak
Suggestions for eye color is up for dibs also by the way. :D

How about the "other" colour for the eyes (so if you go with red for the body you use blue for the eyes)? Or Green?

Gogo, I doubt you'd see the detail of "proper" bloodshot eyes... :(

Looking good, went for blue myself.

And gogo, I know turtles are your favorite enemy with their reflections, so I guess your gonna bring one of your dryads to have a try at this one :D

I like em all and I like the patch because of xmas its sweet but I have a question reading the wiki for cm-patch is says there are new sets for tg/sw/and all class's but yet when I look at the sets all the way too the bottom I only see 3 for sw why is that.

PLAID.....

Rotluchs you read this fantasy book from Piers Anthony?

The_Color_of_Her_Panties

The colour of the panties couldn't be answered because they were plaid.

hehe.. no.. I haven't ever read that one book in particular,

but yes I can vaguely remember that I onces started reading one of Anthony's books, a long time ago when I had a different 'taste' regarding books ...

I cannot remember however, if I ever finished reading it, not even what the names of it's protagonists were..

hmm.. I just googled a bit, this was bugging me. oh yes, I believe it must have been one of the Xanth-Saga books too,

I now recognized the XANTH logo on one of the pocketbooks' cover-screenshots.. 'twas Heaven Cent , (Vol. 11)

now, where did I just emebered that one slogan from, then ?

ah yes:

have you ever plaid an evil game called Death Spank before ?

well I for one.... haven't .... but I've seen some of it's funny trailers , too bad it's not released for PC (yet..)

I'd suggest white for the eyes, just to make them stand out against the black.

Videos of them moving/selected would be great to see.

Videos of them moving/selected would be great to see.

Watch the HD 720p splendour in the first post.

Both turtles are kept constantly out of focus.

Enjoy! ;)

Ok, I take back my intial vote of blue, red wins for me...also, is there any way to get the colors to swirl around?

Possibly. It works for the T-energy stuff, so why not. It may be a little out of my league at the moment, because this would (I assume) include some serious alpha mapping and coding of a particle or animation handler script. First I would have to figure out how it was done with the T-energy pipes, items or creatures...

It was hard enough to fiddle out what the engine does with the textures when you set the obj_crystal in the surface.txt.

My first steps in that field got me a brightly overimposed white turtle blob thingy. ;)