[CM-Patch] New Boss- Color poll!

czevak

Choose the color you like best.  

32 members have voted

1. 1. I got two color variations for a new CM Boss which one do you like best?

• The blue one.
    • The red one.

Ah no, not custom made stuff with a patch. Please develop the patch only that where it is intended for; to fix the bugs that ascaron and deep silver hadn't fixed it.

The christmas thing; ok. that's something ascaron came with and had shipped it with a patch. It's good to see that back. But add no more things then that.

I thought the CM patch was there for fixing bugs, especially in Ice & Blood.

Don't get me wrong; this mod for adding a new boss is nice, but it should be a seperate mod instead of adding it to the unofficial patch.

Edited by candesco
Ah no, not custom made stuff with a patch. Please develop the patch only that where it is intended for; to fix the bugs that ascaron and deep silver hadn't fixed it.

The christmas thing; ok. that's something ascaron came with and had shipped it with a patch. It's good to see that back. But add no more things then that.

Don't get me wrong; this mod for adding a new boss is nice, but it should be a seperate mod instead of adding it to the unofficial patch.

As I already mentioned before, we cannot create something entirely new, but we can make it look like it is by combining some leftovers.

I'd say the cm-patch is not strictly just bugfixing, but also unlocking new content that lays "there" unfinished. (There is not that much left for us to fix, which is actually fixable without access to the sourcecode, unless it was not yet reported in our bugtracker).

The spiketurtle was there as a "spiketurtle_sea_boss" before. This is just another finishing and honing of the outcome. The skining variants polled here are a part of it.

A boring normal champion turtle skin has simply not the edge I was looking for in a new boss, since you can see those everywhere already in the game. ;)

As I already mentioned before, we cannot create something entirely new, but we can make it look like it is by combining some leftovers.

I'd say the cm-patch is not strictly just bugfixing, but also unlocking new content that lays "there" unfinished. (There is not that much left for us to fix, which is actually fixable without access to the sourcecode, unless it was not yet reported in our bugtracker).

The spiketurtle was there as a "spiketurtle_sea_boss" before. This is just another finishing and honing of the outcome. The skining variants polled here are a part of it.

A boring normal champion turtle skin has simply not the edge I was looking for in a new boss, since you can see those everywhere already in the game. :)

So that spiketurtle is a hidden thing and was a leftover from Ascaron? Ok, then I've said nothing. I thought you were adding a custom made thing. Sorry for that.

So the community patch fixes bugs and it reveils the hidden things which were left behind. But there is probably a reason to hid them. I think those leftovers are unstable and that's why they are hidden.

How do you handle that?

I think it's not that they were hidden, just never fully implemented...like the various sets with no bonuses and quests without dialogue. I think it's awesome how much they've been able to do without any source code...amazing really.

So that spiketurtle is a hidden thing and was a leftover from Ascaron? Ok, then I've said nothing. I thought you were adding a custom made thing. Sorry for that.

So the community patch fixes bugs and it reveils the hidden things which were left behind. But there is probably a reason to hid them. I think those leftovers are unstable and that's why they are hidden.

How do you handle that?

Well, we make some tests before this hits the open public. :)

Some stuff is fubar. There are some whips and flails that we probably will never be able to fix and some of the quests act plain wierd when activated. This stuff is then stripped and sifted from the scripts never to cause problems again. :)

Some stuff is fubar. There are some whips and flails that we probably will never be able to fix and some of the quests act plain wierd when activated. This stuff is then stripped and sifted from the scripts never to cause problems again. :cry:

Would anyone notice? I'm surprised the flails don't work seeing as some of the undead use them.

Would anyone notice? I'm surprised the flails don't work seeing as some of the undead use them.

They work, as long as you don't try to dual-wield them. That was actually the red flag for those. ;)

Well one behaves normally, the other one is stiffly flying about with not attachment to the wielding hand whatsoever. :)

Can you put them in but make them not dual wieldable?

This would mean to make them 2H...I don't know if it would behave properly then but I could try. The chain shows pretty ugly physics anyway (wobbly) and seems to have no proper collision, so it sometimes just wobbles into the leg of your toon when standing or stopping from run.

All in all pretty half-baked and annoying from a perfectionists pov. :nooo:

You cant make them the same 1H as the energy pistols? Although...that would probably be something thats hard coded wouldnt it....

Of course I could, but then they would be...well...energy pistols, really. ;)