Raging Nimbus or Frost Flare?

Jaster Walker

I would choose Blazing Tempest its the best Area of Effect damage wise, of course the TG also has some pretty Area of Effect but they only shine late game level's (75 IIRC).

Sure, BT might be better...but it seems as Jaster is playing an icy HE, not a fire one.

Also, the TG's Area of Effect's kick in way before 75.

Blazing Tempest is very good. The degree of effect coming off this CA from the get go is larger than Ice Elf's ..so you get a much faster leveling pro rata per level than with ice at least at early level like up to mid plat maybe higher.

:)

gogo

I play myself with an Ice elf (took blackjac's guide as a blueprint) and use both Frost Flare and Raging Nimbus, but also Glacial Thorns. The thorns do alot of damage.

Make sure you use the right mods though. RN is good for take down groups of enemies. But it takes a while to get RN properly working. With FF you can also hit several enemies and it is good for hitting one.

But whatever you do, make sure the regentime is low, let's say around 1s.

• 1 month later...

On a side note about Raging Nimbus - you may have to change your graphic settings. I can run the game with all graphics maxed out including the PhysX add-on. . .and RN will still cause a rather nasty lag and that's when I just turn on the computer that is completely cooled down and start playing right away.

Edited by Graeystone