Thinking to get Guild Wars

Immali

Hi guys.....I've found on the internet a guild wars trilogy pack....

This game always interested me, but ihave to admit I have not understood some things:

1- I think there's no monthly fee.....just like sacred 2 you buy the game and then play forever...

2- what's the goal of the game:) I mean, in sacred2 you build a character and try to level to 200, completing campaign or farming bosses or exploring.....in guild wars is it the same?

3- do we have a clan in the game?

4- what do you think of it?' it sounds really interesting, but I'd like to hear from you before purchasing

Thanks a lot for any reply :)

Immali,. heya!

I don't know if you know this, but a bunch of us were all Guild Wars Fanatics for a few months while we were in tween games waiting for Sacred 2... we then left Guild Wars to ramp up for Sacred 2. We had a hall and everything. I think one of our members, Genenut (Dawn) is still playing and they are in the servers perhaps? Maybe she'll see this post and be able to help you. I'd very much pick up the games, they are pure polish, and I loved every moment I was in the game.

Check out the threads in this forum I moved your topic into and see what we were saying.

:)

gogo

p.s. Check out the old D.a.r.k Guild Hall!

http://darkmatters.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=2816

Hey Immali, I let my mom(Genenut) know and shes will be by in a little while to help out

EDIT: we do have a clan in game, and it is run by my mom

Edited by daemonrocks23

Yes we do have a guild in game. Just let me know when you will be in game and I can invite you to join. With Halloween, thanksgiving and winters day festivities right around the corner I will start being in game more often. (Ive been seduced away at the moment by Oblivion, Runes of Magic and Titan quest leaving me with little time to play guild wars).

the object of the game is a)to complete the main quest line in the 4 areas of GW, (nightfall, prophecy and factions with the add on eye of the north) I've been playing over 2 years and have just finished the prophecies main quest line and am about 1/2 way through nightfall and factions and b) to get max titles. Some titles are hard to get like Survivor and some just take a long time to get like Drunkard. There are over 30 different titles to obtain.

I love that the game works on a very broad range of systems and even worked with dial up when I still hadn't gotten broadband access. The game is clean and slick and ALWAYS runs. I have never had the game crash due to issues with the game. (some dust was causing issues on my old system for a while causing random crashes but that wasn't the games fault). The community is great and for the most part very friendly and open, especially if you tend to hang out in the international servers vs the American ones. And unlike Sacred you do not need a new key or to change internal software settings to use both American and European districts

they run special events on a regular basis and their wiki site is bookmarked on my browser its that good (and officially supported by GW).

You get to choose how your charcter looks, thier hight, hair color and armor color. After you get in game you can pick what armor you want to wear. and if you have all the worlds you can wear any of those worlds armors. If you want to spend additional realmoney on in game things you can buy other additional decorative wearable items and such. But you in no way need to spend any more additional money on the game once you buy your copy. Its free to play for as long as arenanet has the servers up and running.

Some of your achievements gained in GW1 will be transferrable to GW2 and I think they have hinted that character names might be reserved at the launch of GW2 for those in GW1 who had them for a short period of time.

If you are in game and want to catch up with me my main is Lady Jade Greye and I currently have characters able to join every start up area and can also get into eye of the north if you need a tour guide.

come join us, if Daemonrocks23 keeps his grades up in school he may be joining us at christmas time ;-)

Thanks a lot! I've bought the game yesterday and tried it for an hour....very good!

I'll start another character now.....and look for you ingame.

Oh.....and.....I cannot wait to have my almost 10 month old child to play some games with me :bye: congratulations on your mother\child pay relation!

Sorry death in the family last week. between that, family over a bit and my walking challenge I didnt do much gaming of any kind last week.

Its 3:30pm my time as I post this and I'm about to go into GW now. I'll post again here when I leave the servers. :-)

• 1 month later...
Yes we do have a guild in game. Just let me know when you will be in game and I can invite you to join. With Halloween, thanksgiving and winters day festivities right around the corner I will start being in game more often. (Ive been seduced away at the moment by Oblivion, Runes of Magic and Titan quest leaving me with little time to play guild wars).

the object of the game is a)to complete the main quest line in the 4 areas of GW, (nightfall, prophecy and factions with the add on eye of the north) I've been playing over 2 years and have just finished the prophecies main quest line and am about 1/2 way through nightfall and factions and b) to get max titles. Some titles are hard to get like Survivor and some just take a long time to get like Drunkard. There are over 30 different titles to obtain.

I love that the game works on a very broad range of systems and even worked with dial up when I still hadn't gotten broadband access. The game is clean and slick and ALWAYS runs. I have never had the game crash due to issues with the game. (some dust was causing issues on my old system for a while causing random crashes but that wasn't the games fault). The community is great and for the most part very friendly and open, especially if you tend to hang out in the international servers vs the American ones. And unlike Sacred you do not need a new key or to change internal software settings to use both American and European districts

they run special events on a regular basis and their wiki site is bookmarked on my browser its that good (and officially supported by GW).

You get to choose how your charcter looks, thier hight, hair color and armor color. After you get in game you can pick what armor you want to wear. and if you have all the worlds you can wear any of those worlds armors. If you want to spend additional realmoney on in game things you can buy other additional decorative wearable items and such. But you in no way need to spend any more additional money on the game once you buy your copy. Its free to play for as long as arenanet has the servers up and running.

Some of your achievements gained in GW1 will be transferrable to GW2 and I think they have hinted that character names might be reserved at the launch of GW2 for those in GW1 who had them for a short period of time.

If you are in game and want to catch up with me my main is Lady Jade Greye and I currently have characters able to join every start up area and can also get into eye of the north if you need a tour guide.

come join us, if Daemonrocks23 keeps his grades up in school he may be joining us at christmas time ;-)

Hi, I recently downloaded the GW trial and loved it, think I'm going to be getting it (psyched that it actually runs fairly well on my pc), but was wondering what you meant by that (bold text). Is there easily acquire-able armor specific to each addon?

Hi, I recently downloaded the GW trial and loved it, think I'm going to be getting it (psyched that it actually runs fairly well on my pc), but was wondering what you meant by that (bold text). Is there easily acquire-able armor specific to each addon?

Yes, each addon allows you to get different styles of armour.

Depending on what you are prepared to spend, in both gold and materials, will restrict you with what you can obtain.

HERE is a good site to show you all the different types.

Oh and you can also dye all armour to whatever colour you like....and can afford with gold. :)

Edited by stubbie

Guild Wars. How I miss playing this game. Played it to death from beta up until around 6 months ago. Used to love playing GvG.

Time for me to break out my old Necromancer I think. See what's new these days.

Shadow Form farming still all the rage? Or have Anet finally seen sense and nerfed the FECAL MATTER! out of that skill? I used to love my Assassin until every man and his dog had one in TOA to farm UW with.

I can't wait for GW2. Anyone know what specs it will run on yet?

Yes, each addon allows you to get different styles of armour.

Depending on what you are prepared to spend, in both gold and materials, will restrict you with what you can obtain.

HERE is a good site to show you all the different types.

Oh and you can also dye all armour to whatever colour you like....and can afford with gold. :)

Biggest thing with armour is that alot of it is only obtainable once you get so far within the game, or reach a certain status, etc. You can get level 20 armour very early if you start in Nightfall (as in at level 1) though you will need the gold and meterials to get it. All the prestigious armour sets will require doing the main quests (and then some) and alot of farming (especially Obsidian and Vabbian). It's worth it though when you finally get that nice shiny set you were saving for. Eye of the North armours are generally the worst to farm for as they require you to have area specific titles to be able to just buy them (leel 4 or 5 if I recall).

Edited by Unreal Warfare

ok, thanks!

Another question I had, is there dual wielding in this game? if so, what skill/attribute/requirements do I need to DW?

Anywho, off to level up my warrior/necromancer.