Gar Colossus crashes every time

Squelch

This is on the PC, single player, Ice & Blood (or actually Sacred 2 Gold, if there is a difference), with the community patch. None of my many toons that have not already done so can kill Gar Colossus before the game crashes. Another weird thing is that now every time, before he attacks me or anything, he will walk up the ramp for a ways, completely ignoring me. Then he turns around and thats about the time the game crashes. My game has been like this for a while now and it might or might not have something to do with the community patch, which is the last change I can remember making prior to the problem. Please tell me I don't have to reinstall.

This is on the PC, single player, Ice & Blood (or actually Sacred 2 Gold, if there is a difference), with the community patch. None of my many toons that have not already done so can kill Gar Colossus before the game crashes. Another weird thing is that now every time, before he attacks me or anything, he will walk up the ramp for a ways, completely ignoring me. Then he turns around and thats about the time the game crashes. My game has been like this for a while now and it might or might not have something to do with the community patch, which is the last change I can remember making prior to the problem. Please tell me I don't have to reinstall.

You dont have to reinstall. Fighting gar'colossus from the ramp is not advisable. If he casts a specific CA of his when standing on the ramp, the game will crash. The issue is known and I will fix this in the next release.

For now: Fight him in the pit, don't stand on the ramp.

Edited by czevak
Okay, this last time we were both in the pit, as far from the ramp as I could get him to go, and as soon as he tried a CA it crashed again. So how does one go about removing the community patch?

There is a cm-enable.exe to install and a cm-disable.exe to remove. :devil:

Okay, I tried to reproduce the error by luring gar up the platform. I never got a crash to happen. :/

Please do tell me if the problem persist with disabled cm-patch.

Causing the problem might be the spells.txt. If you have a mod installed or a corruption happened that altered that file, cm-patch skipped it and gar'colossus is using invalid spells, which lead to crashes. (I experienced that, when enabling his new spells.)

Can you look into the "Sacred 2 Fallen Angel 2.65.x Patch Log.txt" in your Sacred 2 Folder? Is there a problem with spells.txt listed?

If memory serves, I got the same kind of issue, when mixing an older version of CiSacred with newest version of CM-patch, otherwise working perfectly well. No matter if it's using it's CAs in the ramp.

Thank you Czevak for your kind help in this matter. Yes, the problem was resolved by disabling the CM patch. And yes, my spells.txt file had been altered (since the patch). I can't remember where I heard or read about it, but there was a link to a spells.txt file from a German Sacred2 forum site that was intended to beef up the Dragon Mage's dragon magic Combat Arts to make that aspect more playable.

Thank you Czevak for your kind help in this matter. Yes, the problem was resolved by disabling the CM patch. And yes, my spells.txt file had been altered (since the patch). I can't remember where I heard or read about it, but there was a link to a spells.txt file from a German Sacred2 forum site that was intended to beef up the Dragon Mage's dragon magic Combat Arts to make that aspect more playable.

Okay that also means you can go on playing the cm-patch now you got this sorted out and have your original spells.txt in place.

I have to say it is a load of my mind. Was thinking I did something terribly wrong about Gar and had no idea what was causing it. Thanks for getting back to me. :)

Edited by czevak