Path of Exile

Dobster

Thanks to Vorlon for posting about this over at DA. Thought you guys might be interetsed in Path of Exile.

Path of Exile website here and the DA thread here.

A load of us have already registered interest in the beta. The game looks very interesting :)

Thanks to Vorlon for posting about this over at DA. Thought you guys might be interetsed in Path of Exile.

Path of Exile website here and the DA thread here.

A load of us have already registered interest in the beta. The game looks very interesting :bounce:

Hmm, looks interesting Dobster. The graphics are a bit dull (no vibrant colors) but the gameplay reminds me of Titan Quest and other isometric tile type games.

Hmm, looked at some screenshots, and the game almost looked like Diablo I, doesn't need to be a bad thing though as DI was great for it's time, but that's a 13 year old game now...

but that's a 13 year old game now...

My concerns exactly^^

The graphics are obviously way better than D1, but it is dark and gritty like Diablo 1. This is a good thing, as I prefer a dark/horror atmosphere to ARPGs. The skill system in this game sounds like it's gonna be a lot of fun to play around with:

http://pathofexile.com/world/skills

Can't wait.

The skills are what makes PoE sound very interesting.

Lllama wa saying earlier that with the gems the skill mods could be even more varied than Sacred 2.

I agree with you Oasisbhrnw, the gritty look suits arpg's. There are to many cartoony games around at the moment, it's good to see a dark looking game again.

Hmm, looked at some screenshots, and the game almost looked like Diablo I, doesn't need to be a bad thing though as DI was great for it's time, but that's a 13 year old game now...

What? The characters and enemies all are pretty detailed. Just the interface looks a bit old.

It just looks like the old games because it's in a bit of a dark setting, not all yellow-green-orange-blue like Sacred 2 or similar games.

Recommend watching the 720p vid btw, it looks pretty nifty. The archer doing multiple shot at ~54s is awesome, very detailed and fast animation.

Looks like a cool game, I'm gonna keep an eye out for it. Thanks Dobby!

Edited by Timotheus

There's no "what", from the screens I saw it was Diablo I reborn, graphics & interface, but as I later saw the vid it looked way better than my first impression of it.

The interface is definately diablo, but is that such a bad thing? I don't want to have to learn a new way of gaming every time I pick up a new iso RPG.

The graphics looked great.

Even though it looks awesome--both graphics and game play--I am weary of free online RPG's. I have yet to play one that can hold my interest for long.

• 11 months later...

Path of Exile at PAX Prime 2011

Thursday, August 18, 2011

Grinding Gear Games will be attending the PAX Prime Expo in Seattle from August 26-28. We have a booth (#799) with many computers set up for you to play Path of Exile. In addition to the existing PvE content from the Beta, our experimental team PvP arenas will be enabled for you to try out. We will be distributing DVDs with copies of the Closed Beta (including a key) to people who come play the game. We look forward to seeing you there!

Beta test is up, so far 4 from DA got beta invited.

Keeping my fingers crossed to get 1 & go test hybrid buids ( off pure stat classes )

I have been watching Renixians live streaming from beta. That look really awesome:

Renixian streams

Yes that one GOGO.

So far looking wery good, and I like the interaction with the dev team on the forum.

I definately got this 1, as my top must check out game this fall.

Edited by D-molisher

Yes that one GOGO.

So far looking wery good, and I like the interaction with the dev team on the forum.

I definately got this 1, as my top must check out game this fall.

Dang, I didn't realize that this was going to be free to play! Always a plus in my books ;)

How is the beta keys being given out. I signed up for an account. Does that mean I am included for a chance to receive a key? Any way to increase the chance of getting a beta pass? Me wants to play :D

Dang, I didn't realize that this was going to be free to play! Always a plus in my books ;)

How is the beta keys being given out. I signed up for an account. Does that mean I am included for a chance to receive a key? Any way to increase the chance of getting a beta pass? Me wants to play :D

2 ways off lottery every 30 mins + special invite from Cris.

1 Having been forum member since pre beta lottery, Upcoming Veteran.

2 New forum member lottery, Upcoming Random.

3 Having made good serious post, that made Cris give you a beta key.

So 96 lottery beta keys a day + invites from cris.

I would suggest browsing the PoE forum.

Edited by D-molisher

2 ways off lottery every 30 mins + special invite from Cris.

1 Having been forum member since pre beta lottery, Upcoming Veteran.

2 New forum member lottery, Upcoming Random.

3 Having made good serious post, that made Cris give you a beta key.

I would suggest browsing the PoE forum.

Thanks for the tips D-mol :D

Just found the announced attacks for the different attack trees. Pretty sweet looking stuff :)

Strength Skills

Dexterity Skills

Intelligence Skills

Check out the beta manifesto.

Beta manifesto

The released version is going to have 100 active skills, looking very sweet so far - even if just 30 skills.

P.S thats the 10 skills you can see now for each stat, gonna be 3 times as many in final releace.

Edited by D-molisher

Check out the beta manifesto.

Beta manifesto

The released version is going to have 100 active skills, looking very sweet so far - even if just 30 skills.

P.S thats the 10 skills you can see now for each stat, gonna be 3 times as many in final releace.

WOW :drool: I get the feeling that this is one of those games that just keeps getting better and better with each new release :)

The full passive skills tree is .... awesome - wow so many build possibilitys. :eek:

Let me say after seing that passive skills tree, anyone found my jaw.

I guess diablo 3 just lost , atleast for me. Rip D3.

Edited by D-molisher

Yeppo. Looks absolutely great. And those skills, oh boy, oh boy.

Mebbe I'll give it a go. Seeing it's only online (once again...) new connection's coming just right time.

Just that I'm not too fond of the online thingie, as I'm quite strictly SP'er and like to have the game all in my hd.

Jetcutter donated me his beta key .

:woot:

THX jet.

Congrats on the beta key D-Mol! The long patient wait for mine continues with that dang counter! Chris and the devs are already busy at PAX so it looks like those giveaways from him are momentarily out of the question :/

hi all, been monitoring PoE for longer than one year now,

but not luck with beta access yet :(

would love to join you all, so if anyone should ever happen to have a key to share or idle account, let me know :)

greetings,

Bob

I was in 5 man party yesterday.

And ehm , we found 2 bugs. The first was with 2 people casting teleport - crashed the game server and all in party died.

The second is a load zone bug - didnt kill anyone, but was annoying client crashing and using global chat to get reinvited.

So first we spend hours figuring out what caused the wipe bug.

Then we spend 2 hours remaking our chars - and finding the zone bug. :D

Its beta so I expect to die here and there.

So far completed chapter 1, and I like what I see.

P.S. Theres a minor game bug fix today cause off these issues.