Path of Exile

Dobster

Lol. K I was wondering why each time I replied my questions not answered. All is good. Thanks

Just post in the thread, I know clan DA members get more keys incomming - cause we give nice feedback.

Besides there are soon some ALPHA keys going out, for testing 0.9.3 for bugs ( On Develepors server ) before hitting BETA server.

0.9.3. Should be ready next friday ( If we dont find more bugs and other stuff that need be rebalanced) .

Meaning ALPHA test should start this friday, if no delays - so prob mid next week.

Edited by D-molisher
  • 2 weeks later...

Gonna go ingame in ½ an hour or so, will be HC - till someone gets on skype.

Been having some funn 3-5 man clan partys.

Alpha server test on 0.9.3. since last friday.

So far on version 3 or 4.

Maybe it will be releaced friday, but theres a few issues to solve first.

Mark from GGG says:

There's some crazy bugs in the 0.9.3 stuff at the moment I need to deal with first.

Quote Chris GGG:

Hi guys!

0.9.3 will actually wipe all characters!

For a variety of technical and practical reasons, we're going to wipe everyone's beta characters when 0.9.3 is deployed.

We will be using the "Legacy league" technique for any subsequent patches that disturb the item balance substantially.

Sorry to go back on a statement we already made about this, but at this stage we're trying to save time and keep our feedback quality high.

I believe that characters will be reverted to level 1 (with no items) so that you can keep the names you've reserved.

At this stage I anticipate that 0.9.3 will be deployed within two weeks (hopefully closer to one week). The amount of awesome in this patch is taking longer than expected to get stable

This is just a quick note on the progress of the 0.9.3 patch. Things are going great - at this stage we expect it to be up on the Alpha realm before the end of the workweek. Once on the Alpha realm, it'll be around one week of testing before it's deployed to the Beta realm. We can't commit to exact dates yet because it's crucial for us to get this major patch right. Hurrying last minute changes will be much worse than waiting a few extra days.

We can go into a little more detail about a few pieces of extra content in 0.9.3 (other than the huge amount of rebalancing mentioned in the recent dev diary).

So far, there are two extra world areas in early Act One (both are side areas). These will be made a little more challenging than normal areas to provide optional harder content for new players.

We have seven new active skills currently working, and will enable more as they become available (even if that's a few days after the patch is deployed). Included in this set of skills are ones code-named "Heavy Strike", "Conversion Strike", "Fire Storm", "Immortal Call" and a few currently secret ones.

We currently have nine new support gems scheduled for the first release of 0.9.3. Three of these affect your minion skills!

I'll post more updates as we get closer to deploying (including hopefully some screenshot/video previews of new skills). Thanks for being so patient!

Edit: Just as a reminder - we will scale up the size of the beta once this patch is released.

Posted last friday in PoE beta forum.

093.png

Edited by D-molisher

Try PM jetcutter for permissions in DA forum, for the PoE thread. :thumbsup:

Or ask him for a key, when he gets more. :agreed:

I attempted the same, but never got the activation email to be able to post on Clan DA. I sent Jetcutter a PM there, hope he sees it. I'm very interested to get a beta key for PoE, no luck with the lottery yet.

Edited by cheesehead

I attempted the same, but never got the activation email to be able to post on Clan DA. I sent Jetcutter a PM there, hope he sees it. I'm very interested to get a beta key for PoE, no luck with the lottery yet.

Stuff the lottery ...

The present beta testers and clan DA gets more keys when 093 goes live.

Jetcutter is online every day, so he will mostlikely reply to your pm wery soon. ( Or ill tell him 2 later on skype )

Stuff the lottery ...

Jetcutter is online every day, so he will mostlikely reply to your pm wery soon. ( Or ill tell him 2 later on skype )

Many thanks!

Stuff the lottery ...

Many thanks!

Got it Cheese, Activated acct. :)

Quote Chris GGG :

24 October 0.9.3 Progress Update

It's been two weeks since we gave our last update to the progress on the new patch, so here are some quick notes of what we're up to.

0.9.3 has been on Alpha for almost a week and we've been getting some great feedback. That feedback has prompted several changes, for example some major rewriting of how we do damage scaling on items and skills. These changes of course require more rebalancing, which have delayed things slightly.

In addition, we've had a lot of feedback on our first draft of the new passive skill tree that have forced us to reconsider how we want to approach passive trees, so we're trying some new pretty experimental stuff (that I am keen to show you as soon as we know it's not totally crazy).

In the meantime, stability is being polished and broken systems are being hooked up again.

I'd like to say that I expect it to be ready in a week, but to be honest, I expect it's going to be two weeks. I know the perpetual "it's ready in two weeks" thing has been stated for a month now, but it's getting very close and is easily the largest patch Path of Exile has ever had. It's important that we get this patch right because it changes so many core systems! Think about it as "Beta Phase 2".

To make it up to you guys, I'm going to make sure that we start releasing more information about new skills and other features of the patch in the form of short videos and screenshots soon.

Thanks for being the patient, great community that you are.

Hi I been away playing other games after upgrading my computer some time ago and didnt reinstall Sacred2. I thought I'll look at Dark Matters to see whats happening.

First off all... Great looking Halloween web site ...but dark matters allways looks good !

Second: I been following Path of Exile as well (still just looking and hoping of my name to be picked) was going to recomend it to you lot lol (because of skill forest not just a tree)

very good info here(more than on PoE forum)...keep it comming you lucky Beggers !

Note: I played and payed into Drakensang for some time but OMG the Devs are now screwing the player for every penny just to use spells and to stay alive to grind (all so to resurrect after death lol) So stopped playing 1 mounth ago...

Quote Tpapp 157 ( ggg forum mod ):

Unfortunately when you're completely changing so many systems (as well as adding new ones) some things work completely awesome on the first try and others fall short and need to be redone from core concept several times. Thankfully, due to the hard work of the alpha testers and GGG we're able to implement and test completely new iterations on substandard systems every day or two. Not to mention that there's still a lot of new content that's making its way into the game.

GGG is on a two track system right now. A few of the devs are devoted to working on the new systems in 0.9.3 and changing and rebalancing that patch daily. The rest of the devs are on schedule and continue to work on completely new content like Act 3, new art, areas, and quests. So even though patch 0.9.3 has been delayed, much of this other content hasn't. Some content that wasn't initially intended for 0.9.3 has made its way into the patch.

I know that it's almost cliche at this point but 0.9.3 is huge and really changes everything.

0.9.3 Updated Progress Report

I'm going to keep this thread stickied and update the initial post each day as we get closer to the Beta deployment of 0.9.3.

November 1:

We are currently working on the 0.9.3alpha10 update which will hopefully be deployed to the Alpha realm tomorrow. It should finalise monster balance, restore some difficulty to the Maelstrom of Chaos areas and introduce the remaining portion of the new passive skills tree. If that patch goes well, then we anticipate that we'll be able to get 0.9.3 onto Beta within one more week of testing and fixing the growing backlog of polish issues.

Today we posted two screenshots from 0.9.3 and intend to upload more over the course of the week.

At this stage I expect that we can post preliminary 0.9.3 patch notes with a few days.

Edit: It appears the new passive skill tree has 1500+ nodes!

Picture 1 shows a Ranger using the new skill "Rain of Arrows" in the newly revamped Terraces area.

Picture 2 shows a Witch using the Firestorm skill in the Forest as seen on our 0.9.3 Alpha realm. Also visible are the new flask icons (they're different for each base flask type). Existing areas like this have been upgraded with new vegetation and environments.

Posted by Chris GGG tuesday 1 nov.

Edited by D-molisher

0.9.3 Updated Progress Report (updated Nov 2)

We've just deployed 0.9.3alpha10 to the Alpha realm. It includes a much more complete version of the new passive skill tree. I'm intending to get a screenshot of that tree posted (publicly) in the next few days once we've tidied it up a bit and made some more changes based on Alpha feedback.

At this stage it's looking like 0.9.3 is getting pretty close to being ready for a wider set of testing (I.e. Beta). There are a bunch of issues such as boss balance, experience progression and some skill fine-tuning that we have to do first, but I don't see that taking too long. I think an estimate of one week is still reasonable, but of course it may vary by a few days if we encounter critical last minute problems.

Will talk to you again in tomorrow's update!

Also, new screenshot: Shows a Templar using a new unannounced skill in the Prison. If you kill a monster with this skill, it will convert the slain foe to fight on your side for a brief time. The monsters in this screenshot are enchanted by a physical damage reflection aura from a nearby rare monster.

Quote Chris GGG.

Quote Chris GGG :

November 3:

In addition to a very productive day working on the alpha11 update (which will probably be deployed tomorrow), we finalised an exact timeline of when we can deploy 0.9.3 to Beta. That day will be Monday, November 14 (New Zealand time).

It's important to understand that although we expect the patch to be ready within three workdays of today, it's necessary to schedule time for Quality Assurance and last minute fixes as testers find important issues.

Our planned schedule is as follows (all in New Zealand time):

Friday Nov 4: Continued development

Weekend of Nov 5-6: All balance finished

Monday Nov 7: Stable copy tagged for Quality Assurance

Tuesday Nov 8 - Friday Nov 11: Quality Assurance/continued Alpha testing (high level content) with small fixes merged.

Weekend of Nov 12-13: Time for last minute emergency fixes as required.

Monday Nov 14: Deploy to Beta, wipe all characters

Tuesday Nov 15: First patch to fix any Beta issues found

This may seem like a lot of polishing prior to a Beta release, but this is necessary to get major crashes and other easily fixable issues out of the way. The purpose of Beta is to get actual gameplay/economic feedback from a large group of players, which is impossible if we deployed rough Alpha-quality versions of the game. We want to avoid wasting time dealing with stability problems when ten thousand players have access, so that's why we fix those with less than a hundred Alpha testers.

Once Beta is deployed, we'll be iterating rapidly to take feedback into account. I expect we'll deploy balance patches very frequently in response to player feedback. New features (better vendors, finally?) will be added as soon as they are ready. There is no further need for super long patch development cycles after this one.

We will also substantially ramp up the rate at which people are added to the Beta. I'd like to see a concurrent player count of 500+ at this stage of the Beta, if we can!

Lead Game Designer and Producer

0.9.3: 55 issues remain

Last edited by Chris on 3. nov. 2011 02.38

• 2 weeks later...

Quote Jonathan GGG:

Accidental beta email sent to some non-beta users

After deploying the 0.9.3 patch we decided to send an email notifying beta players that their characters had been wiped and inviting them to come back and play on the fresh realm.

Unfortunately due to a communication mistake between myself and Dylan, our web guy, the email was queued to be sent to every account on our website rather than just users with beta access.

The errant email was sent to 2100 users without beta access before we caught the mistake. The subject of the email is "Path of Exile Beta enters its next phase". The group of users that this occurred to was arbitrary.

This has caused some confusion and we are very sorry for the mistake.

In order to make amends we have decided to give beta access to all of the accounts that were sent the email in error. Any accounts that received the email that did not have beta access already should be awarded beta access within the next few hours.

Once again, we are very sorry for the confusion this mistake has caused and we will be very careful about these kinds of error in the future.