Search for the Sacred 2 Easter Eggs - Help us collect 'em

I don't know if anyone else has noticed that, but it seems to me that the "Green crystals" quest you can pick at the southern outpost on the Crystal Plains is a tribute to Command and Conquer. If you take a look at the crystal collector, it looks like an old school Tiberium Harvester. Not to mention that the concept of the quest refers to the horrible pathfinding the harvesters usually show...

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is also in the Ancestors Chambers quest a picture on a wall with a seraphim decked out in the full Niokaste set with the BFG striking a pose hanging on a wall.

Don't know if that counts ;)

Cheers,

IT does! Got a pic? pix pix pix.. And, if possible a pic of the map where this is to show to others?

I don't know if anyone else has noticed that, but it seems to me that the "Green crystals" quest you can pick at the southern outpost on the Crystal Plains is a tribute to Command and Conquer. If you take a look at the crystal collector, it looks like an old school Tiberium Harvester. Not to mention that the concept of the quest refers to the horrible pathfinding the harvesters usually show...

First class find .. wow I hope a few others see the reference..if we can get just another to agree, jax... well, you may have just found one of the coolest eggs ever!

If I make a new page in Wiki, would you want to make a small writeup for this? Add pix, whatever you wish... this is your find, you should get the credit and have fun some with the page.

;)

gogo

seraegg.jpg

Its in the prison wing of the Ancestral Chambers.

In the same room with the elf you talk to that continues the quest line.

There's actually a lot of pictures n' stuff like this.

Best with those elite graphics if anyone has them. I don't :) I just play with a camera that lets you see this kinda stuff.

Cheers,

Edited by r00ster
NIce!

Can you post best quality pic you have, with mark on map where it is? We can put that on Wiki...

Brittney gets her own page!

:)

gogo

I don't have a capture program running and hitting print screen saves in a format I don't have a viewer for. Sorry.

seraegg.jpg

Its in the prison wing of the Ancestral Chambers.

In the same room with the elf you talk to that continues the quest line.

There's actually a lot of pictures n' stuff like this.

Best with those elite graphics if anyone has them. I don't :) I just play with a camera that lets you see this kinda stuff.

Cheers,

That do appear to be the 4th instance of that picture I've come across in the game. The first being in the house of the noble you're supposed to dig up the dirt on in Thylysium... The 2nd being near the sewer entrance near the entrance to the Inquisition's HQ in Thylysium. The 3rd being in Griffinborough as you enter the city, go to the top of the hill where there's an easel standing, look to your left - it's leaning up against the wall. All of this documented in the Fine Art easter egg... Thinking this one should probably likely wind up there as well.

Oh.. and that's NOT a BFG.. That's a minigun.

NIce!

Can you post best quality pic you have, with mark on map where it is? We can put that on Wiki...

gogo

I don't have a capture program running and hitting print screen saves in a format I don't have a viewer for. Sorry.

As Gogo suggested on another thread - might wanna check out irfanview. It's free..

NIce!

;)

gogo

Britney's page is up, complete with pic and a map...

Edited by wolfie2kX

Here's some pics to compare...

The first pic is the crystal collector site, west of the southern outpost of the seraphim. Details for this quest can be found on sacredwiki...

big0000.jpg

And here's the Tiberium harvester Mk I, as seen in Command and Conquer 1 CG...

604pxtiberiumharvester.jpg

Also, here's a link to the respective wikia for cnc: Command and Conquer wiki

Edited by jaxx

Beautiful! Nice work with the pix, Jax. Okay, you've just gotten a Command and Conquer page on SacredWiki ^^

I've made the new page listing here:

http://www.sacredwiki.org/index.php5/Sacred_2:Easter_Eggs

At the bottom there is a red link named Command and Conquer (yes its a ugly naked red link for now, but later on tonight we can add a frontispiece pic and frame and do some formatting work^^

...just click on the link and it will open up a new page for you, make sure you're logged in, then press edit button at the top. All Members of DarkMatters have edit privilleges on Wiki.. please make sure you sign in to Wiki with same password and nic as you use here at DarkMatters.

Once on page, press Edit, add your information, even direct image links to your photobucket or image hoster, and we can move the images into the wiki bucket hosting later. You'll get your name in wiki in history tab as credit, and we can make supporting format/edit changes.

This is a great reference work on the egg, Jasper, nice work!

:P

gogo

Beautiful! Nice work with the pix, Jax. Okay, you've just gotten a Command and Conquer page on SacredWiki ^^

I've made the new page listing here:

At the bottom there is a red link named Command and Conquer (yes its a ugly naked red link for now, but later on tonight we can add a frontispiece pic and frame and do some formatting work^^

...just click on the link and it will open up a new page for you, make sure you're logged in, then press edit button at the top. All Members of DarkMatters have edit privilleges on Wiki.. please make sure you sign in to Wiki with same password and nic as you use here at DarkMatters.

Once on page, press Edit, add your information, even direct image links to your photobucket or image hoster, and we can move the images into the wiki bucket hosting later. You'll get your name in wiki in history tab as credit, and we can make supporting format/edit changes.

This is a great reference work on the egg, Jasper, nice work!

gogo

Thanks. I've already added the info and the links. Do your magic, people... :P

@wolfie2kx

"Britney's page is up, complete with pic and a map..."

Thanks for taking care of this and for the suggestion to use irfanview. Will follow :D up on it soon.

You're welcome.. And thanks for the reminder.. It was on my list of things to do but I forgot about it since I had no characters anywhere near Sloeford at the time.

Thank Gogo for the irfanview suggestion. I just repeated his suggestion that was on another thread where someone was looking for a .TGA -> .JPG converter. I had that function covered with my trusty ancient copy of PaintShop Pro 7 so I had no need for it.

And now for something completely different...

Yet another egg has been located, noted and logged on the Easter Egg page. Yes, that craptastic western melodrama from the 90's has been resurrected in Ancaria.. That's right, Dr. Kwinn, Medicine Woman has been immortalized for what she is - an Easter Egg...

Yer right wolfie, the Fine art page covers the Seraphim with the mini gun. Forgot how big Easter Eggs is becoming. Like it :D And, Jax's Egg for command and Conquer has a button and the page has been formatted with some links.

Thanks rnarchlord for the heads up on Brittney... Wolfie's now immortalized her in the wiki.

Congratulations with the Dr. Quinn Find too!

:D

gogo

Yer right wolfie, the Fine art page covers the Seraphim with the mini gun. Forgot how big Easter Eggs is becoming. Like it ;) And, Jax's Egg for command and Conquer has a button and the page has been formatted with some links.

Thanks rnarchlord for the heads up on Brittney... Wolfie's now immortalized her in the wiki.

Congratulations with the Dr. Quinn Find too!

;)

gogo

They were both actually featured on Chattius' German forum Egg list earlier on in this thread.. I just finally got to where Dr Quinn was in the game with my inquisitor.. For the Britney thing - I was able to resurrect my Level 71 Seraphim in multiplayer and I sent her over to get the pic.. Gotta love that armor set... Love that butt-floss! :D:D:D Love the life leech bonus built into the set as well...

Has anyone noted the grave in the old ruins that are part of the "Old Friends" quest? It is west of the corn circles and northwest of the small cemetery where you go get the cat for the girl at the corn circles. The stone reads: Squirrels and a nut allergy don't go together. There is also a grave at the end of the cave due north of Twainbrook with an inscription.

Has anyone noted the grave in the old ruins that are part of the "Old Friends" quest? It is west of the corn circles and northwest of the small cemetery where you go get the cat for the girl at the corn circles. The stone reads: Squirrels and a nut allergy don't go together. There is also a grave at the end of the cave due north of Twainbrook with an inscription.

Hmm. I'll have to check into that next time I've got the game up and running.

I searched this thread and these are the only 3 that I can find on the german forum. Does anyone know if there is more than these 3 posted on the official forum?

gogo had mentioned that they had found 7? where are the pics?

I searched this thread and these are the only 3 that I can find on the german forum. Does anyone know if there is more than these 3 posted on the official forum?

gogo had mentioned that they had found 7? where are the pics?

Not sure where I read it but I recall reading something on SIF that said there were 7...

Speaking of SIF... I found one we haven't got yet.. Posting it to the Future site.. Guess that makes 6 locations, 9 balls.

Note: The pic is more portrait than landscape. That's the way I found it. We'll have to find a better one perhaps.

Edited by wolfie2kX

Awesome find Wolfie! I ran right past it last night and missed it. I updated the photo to match the others.

Speaking of SIF... I found one we haven't got yet.. Posting it to the Future site.. Guess that makes 6 locations, 9 balls.

Actually that makes 9 locations and 11 balls!

Awesome find Wolfie! I ran right past it last night and missed it. I updated the photo to match the others.

Actually that makes 9 locations and 11 balls!

D'OH! You're right. That's what you get for trying to count while half asleep.

Squirrels... any time I read about squirrels I think of Lexchicky, a former moderator from the SIF. There were squirrel wars back then... perhaps this refers to her, or to one of the squirrel wars participants? Only old SIFers will know (back from S1's early days).

Squirrels... any time I read about squirrels I think of Lexchicky, a former moderator from the SIF. There were squirrel wars back then... perhaps this refers to her, or to one of the squirrel wars participants? Only old SIFers will know (back from S1's early days).

She's, of course, got a starring role in the Hero Cave in Underworld - and she's got a gravestone or two in Sacred 2.

I found a new egg!

The last couple of days have been in a bit of upheaval over here. I did a bit of a 'sidegrade' from the US version of Sacred 2 to the UK version. Amazingly enough, doing the 'sidegrade' worked wonders and revived the dead so to speak. As some may know, I have had issues opening saved games on my system that were running fine previously. Not quite sure what the difference is but... all I can say is my Temple Guardian is back in his mobiculum's saddle again..!

So when I bring up the game, I found myself in Orcish Byway - getting ready to go after the Gar'Colossus.. So - I did. I checked my log book for the TG class quest - and found the marker to be all the way on the other side of Artamark - near the Last Watch graveyard. I took a ride over there and when I entered the cave, I found another TG and some ghosts. After whacking the ghosts and then checking the two T-Energy Consoles, I had to have a chat with the TG in the cave.

Did a bit of a double-take for a second there. It seems he's named after an early 1990's era Intel CPU chip - the venerable 486 DX4-100.

It's now up on the wiki - and it asks the burning question just what the Temple Guardians use as a processor... Could it be they've got Intel Inside?