Search for the Sacred 2 Easter Eggs - Help us collect 'em

I found a new egg!

The last couple of days have been in a bit of upheaval over here. I did a bit of a 'sidegrade' from the US version of Sacred 2 to the UK version. Amazingly enough, doing the 'sidegrade' worked wonders and revived the dead so to speak. As some may know, I have had issues opening saved games on my system that were running fine previously. Not quite sure what the difference is but... all I can say is my Temple Guardian is back in his mobiculum's saddle again..!

So when I bring up the game, I found myself in Orcish Byway - getting ready to go after the Gar'Colossus.. So - I did. I checked my log book for the TG class quest - and found the marker to be all the way on the other side of Artamark - near the Last Watch graveyard. I took a ride over there and when I entered the cave, I found another TG and some ghosts. After whacking the ghosts and then checking the two T-Energy Consoles, I had to have a chat with the TG in the cave.

Did a bit of a double-take for a second there. It seems he's named after an early 1990's era Intel CPU chip - the venerable 486 DX4-100.

It's now up on the wiki - and it asks the burning question just what the Temple Guardians use as a processor... Could it be they've got Intel Inside?

Clever find, and a nice writeup on the page^^

Another one of Sacred's secrets...uncovered!

:)

gogo

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And...guys I think we're done. I'm REALLY pleased with how this project went. We've had great runs with the wiki for a few years now with groups of peeps, but this one had so much input coming from so many people, from so many angles, seeimingly all at once. We have magnificent contributors to Wiki, and with the talented memories of the community, were able to piece together a greater part of the Easter Egg puzzle that is the Sacred franchise's legacy.

Did we really catch them all, are all the eggs in the basket? I'm thinking I'll make a post over at German forum as well to see if there is anything left they have found that hasn't been documented

Just have to say...doesn't the Page of Eggs looks great!

Page of Eggs

:bounce:

gogo

Did we really catch them all, are all the eggs in the basket?

I know of at least two Easteregg Items implemented with the latest CM-Patch. Do these count as well? :)

Absolutely, and good idea!

We can actually make a new egg page for it CM patch Eggs

Thanks Czevak

gogo

Uh..I don't know yet how many of them will come with coming releases but a new page just for those two now seems overkill. A simple notice like with Kankas Relics should suffice. :)

A prospos sets: There are 4 new Sets in this relase waiting to be found and wikied... XD

Edited by czevak

Making new egg buttons is fun ! And having an egg solely for CM Patch is good acknowledgement for all the work being done by everyone.

As soon as there is some info, we can copy/paste it into new page, and even have some fun looking for the pages cover art for button.

gogo

Ok kids... I do believe I found yet another egg.... This time one that's buried in the log book and isn't quite so obvious. In fact, if you DON'T read the log book it'll be a high flying jet aircraft overhead.

The Temple Guardian's class quest - just to bring everyone up to speed, starts off at the temple ruins where he's discovered and reactivated. His first goal is to retrieve his possessions - a few toys. His next stop is to have a talk to a little boy in Sloeford who somehow winds up sending our hero to a toy dealer in Twainbrook. That toy dealer suggests you talk to his comepetition who sends you out to the goblin camp to retrieve his 'boy'... (Shades of the Runemaster quest in Sloeford..? Right? NOPE! Read on!)

So you schlep out to the goblin camp and retrieve the 'boy' and bring him back to dear old 'dad'... Except if you read the log book it ain't quite so obvious. And I quote from the TG's log book...

"I found the dealer's competitor. He is willing to help me if I retrieve the toy he built which was stolen by the Kobolds. He calls it 'his son'.

I found the dealer's toy, it looks just like a little boy. I will return it to its 'father.'

As a reward, I was given the little doll and a new ball. Now he wants me to take the competitor who slandered him so badly to court...

I deleted this propagator of false information from the system."

Er... Any of this sound like a certain classic book known as Pinnochio..?

post-14586-0-83443000-1292412260_thumb.jpg

I found 2 skellies in a XXX act a very nice way to die :)

there or a bench in one of the 3 hiddern caves under the invisible maze half way up the blood forest.

I dont know how to post\link pictures onto forums

:o

LOL...k you HAVE to get a pic !

You can upload your pic first to photobucket, it's free. After that it will produce a list of links. Choose the one which is for images then place it in your post.

gogo

Ok kids... I do believe I found yet another egg.... This time one that's buried in the log book and isn't quite so obvious. In fact, if you DON'T read the log book it'll be a high flying jet aircraft overhead.

The Temple Guardian's class quest - just to bring everyone up to speed, starts off at the temple ruins where he's discovered and reactivated. His first goal is to retrieve his possessions - a few toys. His next stop is to have a talk to a little boy in Sloeford who somehow winds up sending our hero to a toy dealer in Twainbrook. That toy dealer suggests you talk to his comepetition who sends you out to the goblin camp to retrieve his 'boy'... (Shades of the Runemaster quest in Sloeford..? Right? NOPE! Read on!)

So you schlep out to the goblin camp and retrieve the 'boy' and bring him back to dear old 'dad'... Except if you read the log book it ain't quite so obvious. And I quote from the TG's log book...

"I found the dealer's competitor. He is willing to help me if I retrieve the toy he built which was stolen by the Kobolds. He calls it 'his son'.

I found the dealer's toy, it looks just like a little boy. I will return it to its 'father.'

As a reward, I was given the little doll and a new ball. Now he wants me to take the competitor who slandered him so badly to court...

post-14586-0-83443000-1292412260_thumb.jpg

That's what I thought as I read it. Pinnochio

pinnochio.jpg

oops ! lol sorry guys I missed this post. I don't remember much about the Pinochio series, cept that the TG's DO look like him (Too much!n o_O)

If you guys are both thinking it's an egg, then it's good consensus

Nice find Wolfie

gogo

Uh.. Temple Guardians look like Pinocchio...? Um.. What version are you thinking of?

In pretty much EVERY version I've ever come across Pinocchio starts off as a marionette - in the shape of a humanoid child. The old man, Jeppeto, aka the toy dealer made him because apparently he was too busy making toys to ever have a family. So some spirits brought the wooden boy thing to life and the movie/story is about his adventures and how he becomes a real human boy. In the end, Pinocchio gets transmuted from wood into human flesh and everyone lives happily ever after.

See for yourself:

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=Gv1vYSYWuIo

The puppet boy makes his debut at about 4:20 or so.

Last I checked, the TG is quite happy with his existence as a cyborg dog.

Uh.. Temple Guardians look like Pinocchio...? Um.. What version are you thinking of?

Same one as yours.... but I'm gifted (cursed!) with this sort of thing :lol:

Notice the stilted, jerky marionette movements, their thin shadow...

I'd always thought the resemblance was uncanny, in fact TOO much. There is not enough menace to the TG's, and I'd always thought this was weakness of the class idea. From the day we first heard the voice, to his knobby knees and lack of physical gravitas, I'd always thought of them as Sacred 2's Pinhocchios.

Alas, oh well

;)

gogo

:o

LOL...k you HAVE to get a pic !

You can upload your pic first to photobucket, it's free. After that it will produce a list of links. Choose the one which is for images then place it in your post.

gogo

Er.. Didn't we just 86 Photobucket...?

Same one as yours.... but I'm gifted (cursed!) with this sort of thing :lol:

Notice the stilted, jerky marionette movements, their thin shadow...

I'd always thought the resemblance was uncanny, in fact TOO much. There is not enough menace to the TG's, and I'd always thought this was weakness of the class idea. From the day we first heard the voice, to his knobby knees and lack of physical gravitas, I'd always thought of them as Sacred 2's Pinhocchios.

Alas, oh well

;)

gogo

Ok.. I can kinda see your point. A bare naked TG does look a bit on the flimsy side. The voice - not so much. Pinocchio's voice wasn't ever mechanical. Not to mention it was a few octaves higher.

The TG always reminded me of a battle weary soldier who had it's arse kicked around a few times. Notice how the other TGs in the game - especially at the end - seem to be in better shape - not quite so crippled. Their backs are straight. You don't emerge from a pile of rubble after several centuries after a building fell on top of you without a few things bent out of shape. And let's not forget the corrosion factor... There's even a class quest to round up oil stones to lube him up near the Celestial Dome.

If the TGs remind me of anything - it'd be the Cylons (classic and new versions of Battlestar Galactica). The old ones for the mechancial voice and the new ones - 'cause they're just as spindly, if not more so, than our hero. And those are anything but something to be trifled with. They can unleash a 55 gallon drum of whoop-arse without trying too hard.

If there is no pix per se regarding this quest, it's too bad. But the log book is good sustaining evidence, and... when you get to read the description of how the two are connected, it becomes one of the more fascinating Easters Eggs because of the sleuthing involved to catch it.

I would think this catch definitely deserves a button :bounce: And, you can always get pix of what pinnochio loox like from classical books, movies, etc... this Easter Egg would not seem lacking if seeing only the visual inadequacies of what is offered in the game, but can be associated very cleverly and in a manner to make readers smile when they see the "image" written out with your prose in context against the actual, historical imagery associated with Collodi's literary masterpiece.

You can have a very fun time choosing a frontispiece for this catch. It's something that will only add to a very handsome looking collection of images, as well as to the legacy of Sacred's Easter Egg collection.

gogo

If there is no pix per se regarding this quest, it's too bad. But the log book is good sustaining evidence, and... when you get to read the description of how the two are connected, it becomes one of the more fascinating Easters Eggs because of the sleuthing involved to catch it.

I would think this catch definitely deserves a button :bounce: And, you can always get pix of what pinnochio loox like from classical books, movies, etc... this Easter Egg would not seem lacking if seeing only the visual inadequacies of what is offered in the game, but can be associated very cleverly and in a manner to make readers smile when they see the "image" written out with your prose in context against the actual, historical imagery associated with Collodi's literary masterpiece.

You can have a very fun time choosing a frontispiece for this catch. It's something that will only add to a very handsome looking collection of images, as well as to the legacy of Sacred's Easter Egg collection.

gogo

Yeah... The problem is - it's the ONLY evidence. The kid you rescue looks exactly like the kid you rescue in Sloeford. Or for that matter 1/3rd of the kids in the area... The "dad" doesn't have any name other than "Toy Dealer". None of the dialog even remotely suggests the kid is artificial. There's literally nothing to get a snapshot of that would give any visual clue.

In fact, the dialog suggests the kid is real - the toy dealer asks you to go get him from the Kobolds who kidnapped him several weeks ago - but they probably already ate him... Maybe the dealer's a bit delusional. I don't know.

Putting up pictures of Disney's Pinocchio or for that matter some other version could cause confusion. They may be expecting to see a Pinocchio-like figure in the game only to be utterly disappointed when they see it's just one of the usual kids running around the area. False expectations, and all that.

As it is, my prose is about as good as it gets on this particular egg... I'm not that familiar with any of the other books Collodi wrote. I haven't even seen Pinocchio movie in maybe 40+ years.

• 3 weeks later...

Ok.. I was browsing the Easter Egg page just after midnight - to get a link to the Electric Poo page when I noticed the pic for the Command and Conquer easter egg is missing. The pic is called "th_cc160.jpg"...

I think I found another Frank Zappa reference... This comes from yet another of his (in)famous songs:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ws5Xeu3BEQk

It's a bit long at almost 11 minutes, but it's well worth the weirdness.

Note that patch of that "evil" yellow snow in front of my TG's Mobiculum:

post-14586-0-64969500-1293973954_thumb.jpg

For those wondering - the pic was taken up on Christmas Island, near the overlook where Mr Bruin is waiting for you with the snowman's hat/scarf.

Edit: Added it to the Frank Zappa Egg page.

Edited by wolfie2kX

I don't know that you could say it is a specific reference to Frank Zappa. Everyone knows what yellow snow means without hearing the song. I would suggest that it's simply the result one of the devs (slightly warped) sense of humour.

I don't know that you could say it is a specific reference to Frank Zappa. Everyone knows what yellow snow means without hearing the song. I would suggest that it's simply the result one of the devs (slightly warped) sense of humour.

Well.. MOST everybody knows what yellow snow means.

And that IS part of what adds that certain bit of uh.."charm" to the song. Zappa was one seriously warped individual. Who else would write a song about yellow snow? I can't think of anyone in the entire history of music who would have gone there.

As I listen to the song all the way through,I note he starts singing of Nanuck of the North and winds up at the end at some pancake house somewhere else. Ergo, I think Zappa would have appealed to the Devs own sense of warped humor.

Ever notice there are only TWO bathrooms in the whole of Ancaria..? And both of which are in the Ascaron offices, right next to Bettina Wegner's office. Sure, there are cesspits, but no proper indoor plumbing facilities. Not even in Thylysium... You'd think there'd be some sort of facilities there...

Well.. MOST everybody knows what yellow snow means.

And that IS part of what adds that certain bit of uh.."charm" to the song. Zappa was one seriously warped individual. Who else would write a song about yellow snow? I can't think of anyone in the entire history of music who would have gone there.

As I listen to the song all the way through,I note he starts singing of Nanuck of the North and winds up at the end at some pancake house somewhere else. Ergo, I think Zappa would have appealed to the Devs own sense of warped humor.

Ever notice there are only TWO bathrooms in the whole of Ancaria..? And both of which are in the Ascaron offices, right next to Bettina Wegner's office. Sure, there are cesspits, but no proper indoor plumbing facilities. Not even in Thylysium... You'd think there'd be some sort of facilities there...

Didn't I see an outhouse somewhere?

Not all yellow snow is bad :D

Love the yellow snow Knuckles