Search for the Sacred 2 Easter Eggs - Help us collect 'em

I've added yet another page to the Easter Egg page... This one is based on a couple of the links Chattius found on the German Sacred Forum.

This one deals with 'fine art' and is named as such.

I found the two he listed plus added one more of my own discoveries. I was just going thru the remnants of the brigand camp southwest of Griffinborough when I found a pic in one of the tents that looked like a house from Sacred 1's slummier neighborhoods - the poor man's quarter in Crow's Rock Castle.

I've also included a map to where these treasures lie in case anyone wants to go sightseeing.. :) I'll be adding to it as I find more stuff.. Feel free to add other stuff if you come across it.

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Heya,

been looking around.... I had noted all the references I had found, but lost the file :D

If I think of any again, I will list them here :)

Greetz

Ack! Hate when that happens. But this IS probably the best place to put it - hackers NOT withstanding.

Ok.. A quick update so nobody will accuse me of slacking off... :bounce:

Copper Peaks Cemetary - Done

Valeview Cemetary - Done

Fortress Reikenstein and cemetary - Done

By the Order of the Crown chain quest - mostly done. Need to add some maps, log books, etc...

All this while my poor Seraphim's game file got hosed. At least I managed to wrestle a back up from the grave. Thank the gods (or at least someone at Microsoft) for system restore and Restore Previous Versions! It saved me from having to lose a level 62 Seraphim from certain doom. As it was, I only lost a few hours of experience, a dozen or so completed quests and a bunch of gold and other goodies in my pack - one of which was a sweet lifeleech enabled axe. Ah well. I may still be able to save the axe.

Edited by wolfie2kX

WOW

Wolfie, yer eating up the pages! lol I saw you go in high spin after I pulled out a few cemetaries...the amount of work you've put into the wiki almost beyond comprehensible... lol tell me you ate yesterday :viking:

I've got a quick lunch with family today, but I'll dive back into some of these lot forlorn lands and pull out some more graveyards from the orc region this time.

Barris, crap about the file...I hope it does come back, but if not, thanks for giving it a try for us :viking:

DB, I love that info about the mannor... we're gonna have to sit back and look at, perhaps AGAIN LOL... another formatting of E Egg pages that can allow quick snippets of info like this to be jotted down into the pages.

The goal here is to make this wiki, as Wolfie said a while back that started the wild fire, THE ultimate resource for our little game.

It's actually a little game with an an even Bigger Wiki :sigh:

Wolfie, big thanks for culling all the info from all the different threads everywhere on the net and doing that most arduous of all Wiki jobs... Reconciling.

Reconciling is that most nightmarish of words, but when it's done meticulously and with passion, it produces the best pages with depth that give us the tinglies.

:hugs:

gogo

DB, I love that info about the mannor... we're gonna have to sit back and look at, perhaps AGAIN LOL... another formatting of E Egg pages that can allow quick snippets of info like this to be jotted down into the pages.

Could you just have a miscellaneous type page for all the extra little things that dont quite merit their own page?

heh, yer on the same page as regarding this..I'm thinking that... for good functionality, a catch all link would be good as you said ... and then later, if any of the tidbits within that catch all page begin to have more connections to other tidbits then we could drill them down to their own page.

I love the way Eeggs is looking on that page, each with their own frontispieces...but I don't want the page to become to unwieldy and I guess... we already have more links than what Nightwolfe had on the page, but she wasn't using images which I think are kind of fun...the links to the reference current medias adds some oompah pah pah to the page.

:sigh:

gogo

heh, yer on the same page as regarding this..I'm thinking that... for good functionality, a catch all link would be good as you said ... and then later, if any of the tidbits within that catch all page begin to have more connections to other tidbits then we could drill them down to their own page.

I love the way Eeggs is looking on that page, each with their own frontispieces...but I don't want the page to become to unwieldy and I guess... we already have more links than what Nightwolfe had on the page, but she wasn't using images which I think are kind of fun...the links to the reference current medias adds some oompah pah pah to the page.

:sigh:

gogo

Ok.. How about calling the misc page something like "Trivial Pursuit"? A place where misc knicknack facts that would be a waste of an entire page can reside with other stuff.

I'm thinking the Fine Art page I put up already has double the items on other pages. We've seen the two in Thylysium, but not the two in Artamark.

As far as page loading is concerned. IS that really THAT big an issue these days? Wouldn't most people be using broadband of some sort these days? Most phones even have 3G speeds. How many, if any, people that frequent the wiki use Dial-Up?

If all else fails - can't we make a 2nd page for even more easter eggs? Or a 3rd if need be?

------

Update: I found a pic for the Fine Art and I set up a Trivial Pursuit section - complete with it's pic.

http://www.sacredwiki.org/index.php5/Sacred_2:Easter_Eggs

Not quite sure what Gogo's got in mind for organizing the links - but I think I figured out how to do the frames. Sweet little tool!

Edited by wolfie2kX
WOW

Wolfie, yer eating up the pages! lol I saw you go in high spin after I pulled out a few cemetaries...the amount of work you've put into the wiki almost beyond comprehensible... lol tell me you ate yesterday :viking:

Of course I did.. I'm borderline diabetic. I gotta have 3 meals with my meds.

The goal here is to make this wiki, as Wolfie said a while back that started the wild fire, THE ultimate resource for our little game.

It's actually a little game with an an even Bigger Wiki :sigh:

Well.. If you're gonna do something, might as well do a good job and make it something worth having. Doing half-arsed just doesn't cut it for me. I had to do some editing today to fix up my mix up on the By the Order of the Crown chain quest. That's what you get for doing things half asleep. Ah well. It's fixed and should be on the money now.

Wolfie, big thanks for culling all the info from all the different threads everywhere on the net and doing that most arduous of all Wiki jobs... Reconciling.

Reconciling is that most nightmarish of words, but when it's done meticulously and with passion, it produces the best pages with depth that give us the tinglies.

:viking:

gogo

Yah.. it is a pain in the neck. Many of the posts that Chattius linked on the German forum were lacking directions as to where they were. Had to do a bit of detective work on some of them based on the radar in the upper right corner. As long as I was in the general area, might as well check it out.

One good trick I figured out - I can take my Level 52 High Elf for a run in multiplayer. Since she's already been through the whole game, all of the portals are open and I can pretty much go anywhere - and the quests and graves and such are back in their virginal state. So if I miss something, I can easily go back and double check it. It's quite useful.. Just create a LAN game, load up your character and wind up on Start Island. Hop the portal there anywhere you've already been and raid the tombs or do the quests you need or want to check out.

Edited by wolfie2kX

That's a good trick! Couple of times I've been wanting nice portal action and had to resort to the mount and looooong treks.

Okay, Marilyn Munroe... done!

http://www.sacredwiki.org/index.php5/Sacred_2:Marilyn_Monroe

Schot brought in his video he made... though I still don't know where marilyn's boop boop be doop grave is...

curses... the search goes on!

:)

gogo

p.s. I got a new custom thumbnail going for the Harry Potter Egg

... it's Nouveau Varguz quest or soemthing like that... I'll put some pix in with the chess board, but in MP apparently the quest is bugged. Wolfie are you able to complete it in SP with the new community patch? And huge thanks to Furian for letting me hang out with him to get to

.some of these place. Ty!

p.s.s. I love the way the pix are making that Easter Egg page look... sharp!

I can't.. Don't have Ice and Blood - yet... It works through Fallen Angel though in single player. Lemme check multiplayer..

OK.. So it seems that the info in the OTHER post on the subject of this quest - Nouveau Varguz - Loco has it right. It's entirely different from single player mode.

Where the single player mode has more pieces on the board, the multiplayer version had only 3.. And all 3 of them spawned ancestral ghosts.

Now then.... Oddly enough, I went into the logs after the fact, and oddly enough, the quest was marked as SUCCESSFULY completed. Unfortunately, I closed the game before saving a snapshot of it. DOH! Ah well.. It's easy enough to reproduce. The quest is marked as successfully done, and yet, the text on the page was expressing the Serpahim's frustration for NOT being able to play the game as she gave up.

I took a quick peek inside the locked off are - and I didn't see anything in there that looked like the quest goal.

Oh.. And before I forget.. Got the OTHER cemetary around Artamark's Gate up - Arnemark's Refuge.

Edited by wolfie2kX

Ok, maybe its just me, but when I go to look at the easter egg page and want to look at a specific one I keep clicking on the pictures to make me follow that link which instead takes me to a larger picture. Can instead those pictures be linked to the actual page they represent. After all people arent going on to the wiki to see pictures of marilyn munroes skirt blowing in the breeze.

Also, I think the starwars page shouldn't have the other inquisitor easter eggs (eg. the mortal kombat/elvis/... ones), they should probably be on a miscellaneous page along with all the other small eggs.

Ok, maybe its just me, but when I go to look at the easter egg page and want to look at a specific one I keep clicking on the pictures to make me follow that link which instead takes me to a larger picture. Can instead those pictures be linked to the actual page they represent. After all people arent going on to the wiki to see pictures of marilyn munroes skirt blowing in the breeze.

Also, I think the starwars page shouldn't have the other inquisitor easter eggs (eg. the mortal kombat/elvis/... ones), they should probably be on a miscellaneous page along with all the other small eggs.

Yeah.. Tho that's kinda the way they're set up at the moment. Click the link above the picture and you're taken right where you're supposed to go.

On another note...

I seem to have found a Star Trek easter egg... Yes.. that's right - a Star Trek, not Star Wars, Egg..

In Enturag, there stands a statue to an Orc by the name of Worf Thornclaw. I kinda figured the Orcs were a bit Klingon in their mindset...

Finally a Trek Egg! Trekkie here :D wolfie, I know by some of your posts you're a trekkie as well ^^

We can get another new media reference pix this one for Star Trek... Wolfie, you found this new egg, want the honor of choosing pic for the new star trek page on the Easter Eggs page?

I hope there's more references to Star Trek and Harry Potter...I would have thought they would have been bigger fans those devs... the stuff from Trek is rife with comic possibility.

Dragon Brother, I know what you mean about making the pix clickable to pages...lol was first thing Schot said to me as well when he saw the new page coded this way. The names of the pages are up above the pix, and those take a reader right to the page, and the pix open up to a bigger pic which shows more detail. The way page is set up right now, we're getting two functionalities working at once... a blow up and a link via word which is the title to the page. I think this is useful for some of the pix which don't have any writing on them.

I hear you also on the star wars page...I'll look at the references and see if we can get those elements you pointed out into their own collection of miscellaneous eggs while keeping their links on the Star Wars page as well. This way we can have the elements in different places explaining their link to different interpretations.

gogo

Dragon Brother, I know what you mean about making the pix clickable to pages...lol was first thing Schot said to me as well when he saw the new page coded this way. The names of the pages are up above the pix, and those take a reader right to the page, and the pix open up to a bigger pic which shows more detail. The way page is set up right now, we're getting two functionalities working at once... a blow up and a link via word which is the title to the page. I think this is useful for some of the pix which don't have any writing on them.

Well, I guess its your call, I just think that the pics really dont have anything more to do with the easter egg than give a brief visual interpretation of the easter egg. After all, its the content on the specific pages that is relevant, not a large picture of a graffiti covered berlin wall or a skirt raising marilyn munroe. It just seems more intuitive to click on the pictures to open the detailed pages and not pop up a larger picture... I think linking both the text and pic to the page would make more sense

I hear you also on the star wars page...I'll look at the references and see if we can get those elements you pointed out into their own collection of miscellaneous eggs while keeping their links on the Star Wars page as well. This way we can have the elements in different places explaining their link to different interpretations.

If they make sense on more than one page then sure, have them on more than one page. But, the only link to the star wars page those easter eggs have is the fact that they are inquisitor based and so are most of the star wars ones, however in no way is elvis related to starwars...neither are jehovahs witness, capcom, mortal combat, rene descartes or tech support. Maybe there could be a separate page for each of the characters that details any class specific eggs like this?

gogo

PS...my replies are in red... :D

Edited by Dragon Brother

You're right, I just checked them now...I'm thinking they just related to another eggish reference, not really star wars. I'll pull them out tonight, and move them over to the Trival Pursuit page we have going which is kind of acting like a catch all.

I had actually brought all that info from a bunch of spread out pages over a couple of sites, so I was just adding them to the page...now when I read them and think, I agree with you, the Star Trek page is not the page for it.

:D

gogo

You're right, I just checked them now...I'm thinking they just related to another eggish reference, not really star wars. I'll pull them out tonight, and move them over to the Trival Pursuit page we have going which is kind of acting like a catch all.

I had actually brought all that info from a bunch of spread out pages over a couple of sites, so I was just adding them to the page...now when I read them and think, I agree with you, the Star Trek page is not the page for it.

gogo

Nor the Star WARS page either.. :D

Okay did some moving around. We have a new catch-all for Easter Eggs. Think of this as the primary receptacle for Odds and Ends Easter Eggs that don't have pages yet. If you've got an Easter Egg, you can either post here or put the new egg in Assorted Eggs here:

It's the first box on the top left... we can actually use this as a quick way to get information up for the rest of us who can get to making a page or threading it into another page.

So can we finally say it, are we getting close to saying all the eggs are getting almost found?

gogo

• 2 weeks later...