Looking for names for Ancaria's Regional Graveyards

Hey guys

The grave inscriptions is a big job, and we're thinking to collect all grave inscriptions per grave yard and then place them within a big map of Ancaria that anyone can "drop" into.

Is anyone here familiar with all the graveyards in Ancaria, and would be willing to give us some names that would help organize this map with?

for example, Schot and Erris a while back got down all the inscriptions for a graveyard that they called High Region Cemetary

All the inscriptions for that particular graveyard can be found here:

http://www.sacredwiki.org/index.php5/Sacre...Region_Cemetery

Firstly... about how many graveyards are there? As well, what would be some good names for the different graveyards so that we could begin organizing the entire inscription list by geography.

Cheers!

;)

gogo

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey guys

The grave inscriptions is a big job, and we're thinking to collect all grave inscriptions per grave yard and then place them within a big map of Ancaria that anyone can "drop" into.

Is anyone here familiar with all the graveyards in Ancaria, and would be willing to give us some names that would help organize this map with?

for example, Schot and Erris a while back got down all the inscriptions for a graveyard that they called High Region Cemetary

All the inscriptions for that particular graveyard can be found here:

http://www.sacredwiki.org/index.php5/Sacre...Region_Cemetery

Firstly... about how many graveyards are there? As well, what would be some good names for the different graveyards so that we could begin organizing the entire inscription list by geography.

Cheers!

;)

gogo

I've seen the cemetary in question referenced as the Shadowy Catacombs - mainly because that's where the Shadow Warrior starts in SP mode.

As far as how many there are, I think there's at least one for every major settlement with a few thrown in here and there. The one north of Thylysium is called the Thylysium cemetary if I recall correctly in the quest where you gotta charge up the mana jar for the alchemist. And I think it's about the same size as the Shadowy Catacombs cemetary.

There's one on the west side of Tyr-Lysia where you find the husband's corpse that's a really small one.

There's the one north of Twainbrook - where you have to kill the zombified wife of the guy in the tavern. I'll guess it's called the Twainbrook Cemetary

Then there's the one near the kobold camp - the one with the cave and like 8 graves out front. No doubt it's the Kobold Camp Cemetary

There's the one where you find the cat west of Benny's Corn Circles. No clue as to what to call it.

And the one in the northwest part of Griffinborough. Obviously Griffinborough Cemetary works for that one.

There's one in Enturag and Ruka in the Orc territories. Not so sure about any on the Seraphim Island. There may be a small one on one of the islands.

Can't recall one offhand in the swamps.

There are a few in the Desert area. And I think there may be one in the Jungle. None in the wastelands.

Wonderful! I have an early day off today. I'll spend some delicious time rooting around in graveyards for inscriptions. I'll pack along a box lunch and a few drinks. I talked to Schot last night and we both agreed that the images originally set up are kind of bulky on the browsers. I'm going to write out the grave inscriptions by hand so that the database reads easier and can be searched by players more easily.

;)

gogo

lol

you're going to have to find them Munera

As posted in first post of this topic, part of the adventure is finding the graveyards, coming up with an appropriate name for the graveyard then pulling out the inscriptions.

Please take a look at my first post which explains and then see how wolfie comments on where the graveyards are.

:)

gogo

I'll just warn you now... there are at least a few graves not in graveyards. IIRC, there's one inside the walls of Fortress Reikenstein in the human area.

Awesome! This is looking to be a great discovery project for us then, we can cover the graveyards first then spread out across the lands!

I would love some more input regarding the graveyard names to help readers associate the areas to them for clarity.

gogo

I'll just warn you now... there are at least a few graves not in graveyards. IIRC, there's one inside the walls of Fortress Reikenstein in the human area.

Here's the Fortress one (one shot for location and other for inscription): th_fortressgravelocation.jpg th_fortressgraveinscription.jpg

I do notice that it's called a "Festive Grave" and not just a grave.

Edited by masteff

There is a grave at the lower Old Naval Port in the SW section; another north of the brigand camp in the "Leader of the the Pack" quest that is part of the ghost quest; still another on a small hill north of the monolith below the Noriath temple. There are also several individual graves with unreadable gravestones scaterred about the land such as the one on Jail Island. Also don't forget the graves in various caves such as the ones in the "Insuring the Insurance" quest southeast of Thylisium and the "Orpheus" quest. There are a lot more graves in Sacred 2 compared to Sacred so you are taking on a monumental (no pun intended) task. Good hunting!

Just found another cemetary - and added it to the list. The one in question is the Valeview cemetary - between Valeview and the Royal Honkytonk. The page is up on the wiki and there's a couple of eggs there as well. One is a grave that was previously raied by L. Croft... And one that has been visited by Indiana Jones.

Edit: Note - I also added a 2nd link (it's red so far) for the Thylysium Cemetary Graves since there was already one dedicated to the cemetary itself.

Edited by wolfie2kX
Just found another cemetary - and added it to the list. The one in question is the Valeview cemetary - between Valeview and the Royal Honkytonk. The page is up on the wiki and there's a couple of eggs there as well. One is a grave that was previously raied by L. Croft... And one that has been visited by Indiana Jones.

Edit: Note - I also added a 2nd link (it's red so far) for the Thylysium Cemetary Graves since there was already one dedicated to the cemetary itself.

Wouldnt you know it, I actually found that today while running through the dark campaign and typed it all up and pm'ed it to gogo. Looks like it was about the same time as you added it :)

wow... everyone on the go this morning...and me with no coffee, just some old dusty tea :D

Okay... just gone through a bit of the Wiki...turns out there are some beautiful pages in teh wiki already for two of the cemetaries I've replaced the links on the grave inscriptions page with links to the old cemetary pages...and just below enemies, have put in a new header called Grave Inscriptions...below which I have copy pasted the inscriptions so that they are on that page. It looks good ...for now... but I am also thinking that maybe, if in the future more easter eggs are found to be spawned from the inscriptions we may have to drop grave inscriptions down a level from the cemetary page to make it look neater only if the page gets very long and unwieldy.

Also, from Places of Ancaria page, there is another cemetary ... Twainbrook! Added to the inscriptions page

gogo

wow... everyone on the go this morning...and me with no coffee, just some old dusty tea :D

Okay... just gone through a bit of the Wiki...turns out there are some beautiful pages in teh wiki already for two of the cemetaries I've replaced the links on the grave inscriptions page with links to the old cemetary pages...and just below enemies, have put in a new header called Grave Inscriptions...below which I have copy pasted the inscriptions so that they are on that page. It looks good ...for now... but I am also thinking that maybe, if in the future more easter eggs are found to be spawned from the inscriptions we may have to drop grave inscriptions down a level from the cemetary page to make it look neater only if the page gets very long and unwieldy.

Also, from Places of Ancaria page, there is another cemetary ... Twainbrook! Added to the inscriptions page

gogo

Good idea. Noticed there was a Thylysium Cemetary page already there when I created a link on the Grave Inscriptions Page. But this likely is a better idea.

I moved Twainbrook up a notch between the Catacombs and Thylysium - as that would be the next cemetary someone would likely come across in their travels. I also added one for the small cemetary in the Copper Peaks area on the west end of Tyr Lysia... There's like 5 graves there and a casket there and it's the place where you find the woman's missing husband. I called it "Copper Peaks Cemetary" for lack of a better name.

Don't see a need for one in the Dragonsea area. Seraphim are generally immortal. The humans and elves in the underground dragon caves don't really need one either. Don't think there's much left after a dragon has you over for lunch except maybe a pile of dragon poo... Doubt anyone in that region makes it to old age.

So I'm not so sure how much longer the Grave Inscriptions page will get. Besides the Nor Plat, Swamp, Jungle and Dryad Island regions, not thinking there are that many to add. No idea bout the Expansion regions (Crystal Planes and Blood Forest) but there may be a few there.

OK... OK... Your sudden burst of work inspired me to get something done. Therefore, I filled in the Copper Peak Cemetary...

Copper Peaks Cemetary

There is one thing I need confirmation on though. Lexchicky - I read somewhere - was a moderator on SIF... Is this correct or did I miss something?

I also changed the grave inscriptions page slightly. Having everything as a headline started looking WAY too busy. So I broke stuff down into regions and reduced the links to normal size.

Do you want a note of what the graveyard inscriptions mean?

For Example: Somebody has spent a lot of time preparing this plush pad for a certain Miss Hacker - This appears to refer to Carolyn Hacker who is ....

DE NIHILO NIHIL - A phrase in philosophy that states the principle of cause and effect. Every effect must have a cause, since without a cause no finite being would exist. (Catholic Church Culture).

The inscriptions in this graveyard refer to well known game players or whatever.

I don't mind Googling some but not sure about writing all of them down as I wander around Ancaria. Thanks to those who are/have done so, you have more patience than I do!

Do you want a note of what the graveyard inscriptions mean?

For Example: Somebody has spent a lot of time preparing this plush pad for a certain Miss Hacker - This appears to refer to Carolyn Hacker who is ....

DE NIHILO NIHIL - A phrase in philosophy that states the principle of cause and effect. Every effect must have a cause, since without a cause no finite being would exist. (Catholic Church Culture).

The inscriptions in this graveyard refer to well known game players or whatever.

I don't mind Googling some but not sure about writing all of them down as I wander around Ancaria. Thanks to those who are/have done so, you have more patience than I do!

I think for right now, just having the inscriptions, and the cemetary they belong to will do for a start. But if you happen to have more info on any of them, by all means - feel free to post the info.

Carolyn Hacker seems to have multiple grave sites. In addition to the one you posted, there's one in Twainbrook that makes use of her user name "DaGirl" and one in the Shadowy Catacombs cemetary as well. There's another one somewhere that reads: "Carolyn let us rest all rest easy knowing the post-death process was well tested." I'd guess she was quite popular with the guys writing the grave inscriptions.

Dag nab it... I just had to go look up that stone's inscription. Oh well the Kobold camp cemetary's page is up on the wiki...

Edit 2: In for a penny, in for a pound. Fortress Reikenstein, it's lone grave and the graveyard just outside and to the west are now on a brand new Wiki page. Now working on the By the order of the Crown chain quest. Should be done sometime tonight/this morning... The writing part is pretty much done - except for posting the pics of the log and maps. That's a task that will wait till later. The tale is told.

There IS one slight problem, however. One of the subquests of By the Order of the Crown is called Investigations. That also happens to be the name of a quest for the Dragon Mage - it's a class quest. Therefore, I named a blank page "Investigations(2)" and put the information there. The links all point to the correct page - just looks a bit ugly. Anyone got any ideas on how to sort it out?

Edited by wolfie2kX

Wolfie I'll look this afternoon into the question of disambiguation for the two quests. It's happened a few times in the past, usually me and Schot find a decent word that doesn't look (like you said ugly) Too ugly lol

Gordius, it's great seeing you here on the boards! I'd actually just now seen your post on the SIF about the Easter Egg. Wolfie said it best... just dropping in relevant references to where the Easter Eggs are pointing really helps, and formatting for all this info is slowly getting better as "where" everything stands in relation to each other becomes more apparent.

Love the organization work you did on the Cemetary page Wolfie, can hardly wait to do some more filling up for that this aft.

:sigh:

gogo

Wolfie I'll look this afternoon into the question of disambiguation for the two quests. It's happened a few times in the past, usually me and Schot find a decent word that doesn't look (like you said ugly) Too ugly lol

Gordius, it's great seeing you here on the boards! I'd actually just now seen your post on the SIF about the Easter Egg. Wolfie said it best... just dropping in relevant references to where the Easter Eggs are pointing really helps, and formatting for all this info is slowly getting better as "where" everything stands in relation to each other becomes more apparent.

Love the organization work you did on the Cemetary page Wolfie, can hardly wait to do some more filling up for that this aft.

gogo

Yeah.. The way the page was laid out - with everything in Headline mode was like someone typing in all CAPS... The whole page was just screaming at me. At least, this way it looks a bit easier on the eyes.

One more area joining the list of hangouts of the dead, undead and what not. The Last Watch cemetary in Artamark. There's a few graves to pilliage and a number of memorial stones there as well.

I'll be adding the quoteable quotes and such in the next few hours but the page is now linked to the grave inscriptions page.

It's done and so is the Graves of the Ancestors site next to Artamark's Gate. Plus the Ghost Village chain quest and the Revenge! quest found at the Artamark's Gate cemetary.

OK.. I'm done for the time being... Nap time!

Edited by wolfie2kX

Since I have a day off finally and it looks like you don't have info for the swamp, and I need to update Lt.Finn's armor I will start searching thru the swamps for any graves the zombies in the area have not dug up yet. Gotta make my suit swamp worthy first and a bit extra visibility will help.