Best way to find set items?

Hi guys, I've been away for a while and am coming back full force.

All I really want to know is what the best way to farm myself some set item's is?

Being fairly new to the X-box 360 version I'm not sure if it's different to PC, I would always just get 70% Survival bonus and go and jump some quests, I would get about 1 set item per 3-5 quests, on PC that is.

Maybe there is a boss people farm for them? I know Orc Cave has not been much help, and keep in mind I don't have any sweet Enhance Perception, as I find it a waste on X-box 360.

I can do runs with a poorly geared BFG Seraphim, all tips are welcome.

Thank you

Hacksaw32

I dont have a specific boss I farm, any boss usually drops 1, 2 or even 3 sets if you are lucky (for both the quest completion and the boss kill). Or just wandering around killing lots of things in the swamp or wherever takes my fancy...fast kills is the way to do it, not because 1hit KO's may or may not give better drops, but faster kills means more kills and more drops and eventualy more sets. EP is definitely not needed for set searching though.

Thank you Dragon Brother, I've been grinding the squid looking boss in the orc region, I've killed him 15 or so times with not even 1 3 star drop.

You might have better luck killing off some non campaign bosses. Try killing the wild boar/kobold chieftain/white griffin (careful of griffin, he debuffs) if you feel up to it. For me, the early campaign bosses (octagolamus, gar'collosus) have crappy drop rates, its only when you get to the dragon to kill that they start dropping nicely.

Timely topic. I was actually just thinking about this...I'm kinda addicted (again sigh :)) to my Ice Agent up in Niobium... and I want to refit with new armor... lately, I've changed notches, and have found Quests very interesting (for the first time ever!) And... I've been finding that farming quests has some great returns on sets.

You guys think it's competitive with boss farming rates?

:)

gogo

p.s. Awesome seeing you here back on the boards, Hacksaw, Welcome back! :D

Thank you Wolfie2kX. It did help a lot.

I always found doing quests good on PC as soon as I hit around 50% SB, Gogo.

I would find a set piece around every 3-5 quests, are you having the same results?

Back when I was playing xbox I would jump every champion mob I saw. Those netted me lots of set piece. On pc farming the Forest Guardian gets me lots of sets. Also for xbox I found that after killing for 30 minutes or so and not getting any drops I would restarted the game and go at it again. Works great for me.

Also for xbox I found that after killing for 30 minutes or so and not getting any drops I would restarted the game and go at it again. Works great for me.

I highly recommend doing this! Even when you play for 1/2 hour and a really crappy unique drops, I would recommend quitting and re-starting.

Just this week, a Cheops' Eye dropped for me after about 10 mins, and then another 1/2 hour later or so, another one dropped. I did kick myself for not re-starting as I just said after the first Eye dropped, because I kinda had the feeling that I had a bad "luck seed" for the session.

Although we may not be able to prove if lucky/unlucky servers exist, I do believe there is "something" to this phenomenon. One session, I will get 5 awesome uniques, and the next I'll get squat. Maybe 1 or 2 "poor" uniques. And for the amount of time it takes to re-start, I've made it a personal rule.

I have a method that works for me on the 360:

1. Smack down Grunwald and Dragon [tons of easy kills, lotsa droppies]

2. Whip the Gar'colossus [easy kill and nice easy quest on the way down]

3. Clear the SE swamp region and the Dragon [great experience and mucho dudes to kill]

4. Beat up everything from Aerender and end up beating the Forest Guardian

5. If bored, do a jungle run from the starting point until you beat the Flying machine thing

Each of these areas offers great herding for easy mass killing with tons of drops and experience. The bosses don't drop great set items regularly but the rings/ammys are nice. I get set items about every 15 mins this way.

Happy hunting!

ZConnor

I tend to find that I get more set pieces from killing lots of enemies or doing quests rather than bosses. I'm sure people assume that killing a boss should give you a good item and check their invemtory every time after killing a boss, so when one drops they assume it was because they fought a boss. I usually have no idea what got me a good item because I don't check my inventory straight after killing a minion or completing a quest. It could have come from a chest, minion or quest.

first of all set peices below level 30 are very rare compared to there higher level ken.

that being said the griffon is the most set peice mob I know I have 4 full sets for difffer classes and 90% of all that came from griffon. after level 30 he is a set dropin machine, he has a good rate for below 30 too but its not a near 100% thing like it is after 30

first of all set peices below level 30 are very rare compared to there higher level ken.

that being said the griffon is the most set peice mob I know I have 4 full sets for difffer classes and 90% of all that came from griffon. after level 30 he is a set dropin machine, he has a good rate for below 30 too but its not a near 100% thing like it is after 30

Griffon? The mini-boss in the desert?

No.. I believe he's talking about the white griffin - who's near the resurrection monolith north of the West Tyr-Lysia portal on the way to the Noriath Temple area. It's the north/west corner of the Elf region.

It's one of the early mini-bosses you come across in the game. As you're walking up the road from the portal, you'll come across a guy near the northern monolith. His quest is for you to slay the white griffin. If you do, you're name will become legend... Or so he says. He's long gone by the time you've finished knocking the monster off. He's unique as opposed to the other more traditional griffins in the southern desert area.

No.. I believe he's talking about the white griffin - who's near the resurrection monolith north of the West Tyr-Lysia portal on the way to the Noriath Temple area. It's the north/west corner of the Elf region.

It's one of the early mini-bosses you come across in the game. As you're walking up the road from the portal, you'll come across a guy near the northern monolith. His quest is for you to slay the white griffin. If you do, you're name will become legend... Or so he says. He's long gone by the time you've finished knocking the monster off. He's unique as opposed to the other more traditional griffins in the southern desert area.

Ah, the forgotten mini-boss! I always forget about this one. Seems I go to get the Kobold leader and forget to go the west and pick him off.

Heya,

as nobody mentioned this... for me, 'best' is Guardians... 4 Guardians and the Egg. Almost Guaranteed drops.

Slight problem with this is, that you'd have to outfit a level 15 toon pretty good to start running Guardians.

Before hitting Guardians, I usually do Gahanka-> Griffin -> Boar.

For PC Ice and Blood players, the cursed forest chain drops quite good too.

Greetz

Edited by Barristan
  • 11 years later...
On 10/30/2010 at 10:33 AM, Barristan said:

Heya,

as nobody mentioned this... for me, 'best' is Guardians... 4 Guardians and the Egg. Almost Guaranteed drops.

Slight problem with this is, that you'd have to outfit a level 15 toon pretty good to start running Guardians.

Before hitting Guardians, I usually do Gahanka-> Griffin -> Boar.

For PC Ice and Blood players, the cursed forest chain drops quite good too.

Greetz

Where do I find the guardians, griffin , boar, and cursed forest chain?  I’m on my first play through , level 35 in the desert part if the main quest, and I haven’t seen any of these areas or creatures.  

On 1/13/2022 at 7:05 PM, lujate said:

The Cursed Forest is in the PC-only I&B expansion.

Check out the wiki for the others.  Note that on console, it may be slightly different.  For boss hunting, start a free world game.  There you'll find portals to take you to the various regions.

http://www.sacredwiki.org/index.php/Sacred_2:Boss

Thanks Lujate! I'd forgotten that you played this so much on console too.  I REMEMBER the cursed forest runs... zomgod, I think it was the germans who discovered it first, and then we played nothing except forest runs? The amount of XP you could get from completing those quests over and over made all the rest seem like a waste

:lol:

gogo

I cleared the Cursed Forest, and I did get a couple of armor set pieces that were duplicates of ones I already had, so I tried a few of the bosses. I killed the Raging Boar and the White Griffin, who didn't drop any set pieces.

Something I read in another forum said that you don't get very good gear when playing at Bronze difficulty, which is the difficulty I've played at for the last few weeks. I really didn't want to switch difficulties and lose all of my progress, but I went ahead and switched to silver difficulty to see if that gives any better drops than bronze. My Exalted Warrior Seraphim is level 39 and looking for the Niokaste or Genesis Siderea armor sets.

Btw, I'm playing the Sacred 2 Gold PC version of the game from gog.com, with the CM Patch 1.6 installed as well.

Edited by majorgear

You should be doing side quests to improve your chances of getting set item rewards. Anything under 3 stars is a no-go, and preferably you should aim for 4-5 stars in difficulty. Long chain quests can help a lot in that respect. Also, Genesis Sideria is a CM Patch only set, and it's hard to get a full set. Trust me, I've tried it before. :D

To be completely honest you'll notice just how better the loot is once you climb the difficulties. Gold and Platinum is where you start to see it shine.

• Thanks! 1

Anything under 3 stars is a no-go

Anything under 3 stars is a no-go

I haven't noticed any stars in the quest accept/decline window, but maybe I just haven't noticed them. Is that where they appear?  

I also have learn the color codes for items. From playing , the items seem to be ranked by color with this order of quality

• grey
  • white
  • blue
  • yellow
  • orange/brown
  • bright green

Thanks for the tips