Quest NPCs mortal?

Is it possible for quest npcs to be killed? I've just gone to start dead legion quest and the mage that starts the quest isn't there. Is it possible shes been killed?

Is it possible for quest npcs to be killed? I've just gone to start dead legion quest and the mage that starts the quest isn't there. Is it possible shes been killed?

Usually Quest related NPC's will always be there until the quest starts. it is also possible that the NPC is triggered by another quest mark. Once the quest is started some are immortal, and so are not.

So have I missed something then. I've usually just gone there and shes there, but this time she isn't. I guess she must have gotten killed by one of the bandits that hang around that location. :(

So have I missed something then. I've usually just gone there and shes there, but this time she isn't. I guess she must have gotten killed by one of the bandits that hang around that location. :(

I've run 10 toons through the Undead Legion and never had a problem finding her. For some of the toons I explored all the area around Clearview and the final camp first and she was always there. I've seen bandits attack the guards and the other mobs in the area but never attack her. Did you do the quests given by the camp commander in Thylisium sending you to the old naval port first before looking for her? I believe completion of those quests trigger her being there to start the next part of that chained series.

Any chance you are using the cm-patch? The implemented a pre-quest for the undead legion in it, you need to speak to the commander or something in the army camp just outside of clearview who tells you to find the woman you are looking for I believe.

Any chance you are using the cm-patch? The implemented a pre-quest for the undead legion in it, you need to speak to the commander or something in the army camp just outside of clearview who tells you to find the woman you are looking for I believe.

The sequence of events is thus if you don't have the CM patch:

Talk to the commander in the camp in the south part of Thylisium and he tells you to go to the old naval port to get rid of some undead. Do that quest and report back to him. He tells you to take his attack plan to the council in the forum building for approval. The senator then send you back to the other part of the old naval port to kill the Lich responsible for creating the undead. After that talk to the woman in front of the tavern northeast of Thylisium on the road to Clearview. She sends you after several items to identify the undead skeletons then asks you to go back to Thylisium and give the info to another councilman. The councilman sends you back to the old naval port to find out where the dead are coming from. After talking to the leper at the port you talk to another commander at the camp in Thylisium who send three of his soldiers with you to kill undead officers at the port. When you report back to him he sends you to Clearview to talk with the soldier standing by the last house north of town. That guy sends you to check on his girlfriend who, in turn, sends you to check on her brother. After retrieving and returning her dead brother's amulet she send you back to her boyfriend who then send you after some of the undead legion. After killing about 10 of them you report back to him and get the quest to go after the undead General. Miss any one of those people and the quest is broken.

The sequence of events is thus if you don't have the CM patch:

Talk to the commander in the camp in the south part of Thylisium and he tells you to go to the old naval port to get rid of some undead. Do that quest and report back to him. He tells you to take his attack plan to the council in the forum building for approval. The senator then send you back to the other part of the old naval port to kill the Lich responsible for creating the undead. After that talk to the woman in front of the tavern northeast of Thylisium on the road to Clearview. She sends you after several items to identify the undead skeletons then asks you to go back to Thylisium and give the info to another councilman. The councilman sends you back to the old naval port to find out where the dead are coming from. After talking to the leper at the port you talk to another commander at the camp in Thylisium who send three of his soldiers with you to kill undead officers at the port. When you report back to him he sends you to Clearview to talk with the soldier standing by the last house north of town. That guy sends you to check on his girlfriend who, in turn, sends you to check on her brother. After retrieving and returning her dead brother's amulet she send you back to her boyfriend who then send you after some of the undead legion. After killing about 10 of them you report back to him and get the quest to go after the undead General. Miss any one of those people and the quest is broken.

I don't recall having to do any of what you mention before speaking to the lady outside the tavern. From my experiences, without the cm patch she should just be there, with it, you must speak to the commander in the clearview army base first.

Edit: I just tested it in 2.65.2, Mage Wylmieni or whatever her name is outside the tavern between thylisium and clearview without doing anything without the CM patch so there is no need to do the other quest if you have been doing so rnarchlord. With the cm-patch, as I already said the clearview commander pre-quest must be completed before she appears.

Edited by Dragon Brother