Damage boost by monster type...affected by?

When playing a Dryad character you have the option of equipping a shrunken head.

The shrunken head gives you a bonus (damage?, attack?, defense value against?).

I've noted that all the characters have differing values of bonus versus different categories of opponents.

Does anyone have a handle on how these values show up? Or is this just something partially exposed to us in the interface?

When playing a Dryad character you have the option of equipping a shrunken head.

The shrunken head gives you a bonus (damage?, attack?, defense value against?).

I've noted that all the characters have differing values of bonus versus different categories of opponents.

Does anyone have a handle on how these values show up? Or is this just something partially exposed to us in the interface?

The shrunken head equipped makes it easier to kill that type of opponent. I believe it increases attack value against that type of opponent which in turn increases chance to hit. It may also lower their resistance to spell CAs. I'll have to check it out next time I play one of my Dryads.

The dryads heads will effectively double your damage vs. said opponent type.

It is game altering for voodoo based builds, as things like totem become insanely high damaging spells with the proper head equipped.

Going from like 10k ish per hit from totem to like 40k per hit is not uncommen on high level voodoo dryads.

The damage bonus vs enemy types is based like someone said, on kill counts, and rises the more you kill said enemy types.

This makes certain rare places a very unique treat if the player is aware of this.

I.e. the island where the "Earth Lord" resides, from the boathouse quest.

The islands this quest unlocks contain only lizard men, which count as dragons.

It is very hard to raise your +dmg vs dragons (and thus, region dragons) without knowing this, and exploiting these tiny islands.

Cheers,

Edited by r00ster

Not yet fully tested, but comparing a level 5 shrunken head to a level 170 niob shrunken head of same race and quality shows nearly double damage in the totem tooltipp.

But I have bad eyes so I do hard quickly exchanging the heads best for an area. Could they be done 2*2 fields in inventory? Have to try it.

The dryads heads will effectively double your damage vs. said opponent type.

It is game altering for voodoo based builds, as things like totem become insanely high damaging spells with the proper head equipped.

Going from like 10k ish per hit from totem to like 40k per hit is not uncommen on high level voodoo dryads.

The damage bonus vs enemy types is based like someone said, on kill counts, and rises the more you kill said enemy types.

This makes certain rare places a very unique treat if the player is aware of this.

I.e. the island where the "Earth Lord" resides, from the boathouse quest.

The islands this quest unlocks contain only lizard men, which count as dragons.

It is very hard to raise your +dmg vs dragons (and thus, region dragons) without knowing this, and exploiting these tiny islands.

Cheers,

Ah ha.. So that explains what those lizardmen were doing on the wiki page covering the various dragons. Too bad you don't get to the island in question until you've pretty much exhausted your supply of dragons - that is, if you're going through the normal campaign quest chain.

Ah ha.. So that explains what those lizardmen were doing on the wiki page covering the various dragons. Too bad you don't get to the island in question until you've pretty much exhausted your supply of dragons - that is, if you're going through the normal campaign quest chain.

You do get back to the dragons in the next difficulty anyway :P

Edited by Arperum

Wow! Ask and ye shall receive!

The more I learn about Sacred the more complicated and exciting I find it!

Thanks for the info... and, still, I would like to thank the devs who worked such long hours for so many months! You devs (if any of you need an ego boo) have made a wonderful product given the constraints you had imposed on you! Wow! What a game!

• 3 weeks later...

Good info.

I'm using black curse alot with Totems - in the wiki it says - "Lowers all attributes of the target for a brief period. Enhanced effect against opponents who correspond to an equipped shrunk head "

Any idea as to how much extra their attributes diminish?

All characters get bonus damage to the monster types based on how many of them you've killed.

Wow! Ask and ye shall receive!

The more I learn about Sacred the more complicated and exciting I find it!

Thanks for the info... and, still, I would like to thank the devs who worked such long hours for so many months! You devs (if any of you need an ego boo) have made a wonderful product given the constraints you had imposed on you! Wow! What a game!

I am with you on this page. You're right, this part of the dryad's depth is just insane. Voodoo for her is unbelievably creative. I keep trying to think how much work the devs put into coming up with all the creatures plus the unique mechanics.

This isn't even a mmorpg

:)

gogo