Girvym Cave Dragon

The Dragon has many secrets! With enough persistence, he will in time reveal his wisdom. The Girvym Dragon reveals his secrets in strange obscure methods. One by one they begin to tell a tale. A tale of myth & legend. A tale beginning & ending for both the mighty hero & the Dragon.

Time after time the mighty hero returns to the Dragons Lair. One could say the hero has suicidal tendencies. Dragons are very old with intimate knowledge of the [D.a.r.k] arts. Setting their wicked traps at many levels, before you truly enter his majestic surroundings.

Every so often he will reveal wisdom. Yielding an untold SECRET.

The mighty hero is thankful. Returns home to safety once again.

After a revisit, the Dragon divulged yet another SECRET.

The mighty hero is thankful once again. Kindly gestures, leaves the lair.

Some time passes. The hero is bored at home, farming his land for fruitful bounty. Waves goodbye. His wife and kids say, "Farewell".

While roaming a foreign marsh region. He stumbles upon a common Olm. The Olm begins attacking the hero in fear of the unknown. Our mighty hero attacks back in a fervor. After a near fatal conflict. Our hero finds a shimmering object below the defeated Olm. The Olm, turns out, came from a well to do family in the marsh region. In his death, left behind GREAT FORTUNE.

Desiring more knowledge. Our hero begins to travel toward the Dragon Lair. He thought surely, "Girvym would know the secrets behind the shimmering object".

Entering the Lair. He noticed the Dragon was missing an amulet that was once around his expansive neck. Upon asking the Dragon where the amulet had gone. The Dragon became distant. Reared up and after an endless breath. Bellowed fire in which our hero had not seen from Girvym.

Our hero began to run. In doing so, found himself back at the entrance. Stopped for a short breath. Took a drink from a nearby flowing brook. Began checking armor for fire damage. In the end, this is what he found around his NECK.

Our hero was baffled. How strange he thought, "Girvym reveals his secrets".

Before returning home. Our mighty hero hears something coming from the entrance. Excited to find its nature, again he enters. This time more cautious. He finds Girvym sleeping a soundless sleep.

Over in a [D.a.r.k] corner lie a metal plated chest. Curiosity peeks his interest. Opening the chest, our hero finds TREASURE of untold bounty.

Not willing to disturb the fire breathing Dragon once again. Quietly leaves the lair for his return trip home.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now I would like to reveal a secret to the family. This Girvym Dragon has droped [4] Legendaries in a weeks time, basically off and on farming!

I say [4] because I consider the Artamark's Star to have relatively the same drop % as Legendaries.

Happy Hunting!

I remain, :)

Awesome story. I have alot of work cutout for me in order to get my rebirthed Draaken able to take on bosses. But all good things come in time.

Man stories like this really get the blood pumping again...gotta get back into a loot farming game soon! :cry:

We miss you Rocker! Try Sacred 2. a.k.a. Loot Farming 2

Awesome story. I have alot of work cutout for me in order to get my rebirthed Draaken able to take on bosses. But all good things come in time.

Already miss you in Niob. No worries, BlackMass will still be there. Very long road ahead.

Wonderfuly told, Etherian!

That is quite a good haul. Tell me, how many runs do you think you made and how many server restarts?

Wish I knew Loco. Hind sight is very fickle. If I had known the results of last week, prior. I would have started a formal counter. If I had to guess, 400-600 overall boss drops. I would restart the server in the event of a crash, lock-up or simply unlucky drops in 30-45 minutes of running a server. If the server was "lucky". I would run the Dragon until it failed to respawn.

I Love your writing Etherian, a very good story ! :)

Thanks Woody. Been so long since I've attempted to actually write. Much more difficult then I remember, from the college years. Cant believe it has already been 13 yrs.

I'll redirect all Rare Unique & Legendary finds here. When they drop from Girvym.

I remain, ;)

Heya,

Nice story :)

For me, Artamarks is not really that rare.... Guardians seem to drop em even more than class uniques. Along with Gems of Life and Necklace of Greed.

Last time I ran Kobold chief with the HC Challenge TG, and dropped two Necklaces of Greed (Platinum) from two consecutive Kobolds...

There is certainly something wierd with the drop mechanics. In the same server, the first chest in Cursed Forest yielded a Kal'Durs Legacy. There indeed 'seem' to be 'lucky' servers...

Gz on the finds Eth :D

Greetz

Eth, I just couldn't believe it when you told me the number of Legendaries you had gotten this week... and coming from a run with a dragon of all things!

I can see your smile.

I like what you did with this post/story. I always appreciate when someone goes that extra distance to precisely pen colors that make an adventure distinct.

Good job

:)

gogo

I swear every time I go into a server I get a whisper about what great treasure has dropped that night. I need to be as dilligent on the farming and maybe get a bit of that good luck from you.

That bow looks sick to equip a dryad with. Acute mind and %intelligence:) Sick! Or maybe a dragon mage?

How about putting this info on the wiki, so people know where to look for these items? :woot:

Er.. The dragon is already in the Wiki.. and on the map. Just a matter of luck farming him for goodies.

How about putting this info on the wiki, so people know where to look for these items? :cry:

Er.. The dragon is already in the Wiki.. and on the map. Just a matter of luck farming him for goodies.

People sometimes wonder where could they find a certain item. Not all items are dropped by some monsters, which is why it could be useful to make a loot list like some other wikis.

At least for legendary items. Doesn't have to be fancy, people could just add a link to the item.

Heya,

Nice story :)

For me, Artamarks is not really that rare.... Guardians seem to drop em even more than class uniques. Along with Gems of Life and Necklace of Greed.

Last time I ran Kobold chief with the HC Challenge TG, and dropped two Necklaces of Greed (Platinum) from two consecutive Kobolds...

There is certainly something wierd with the drop mechanics. In the same server, the first chest in Cursed Forest yielded a Kal'Durs Legacy. There indeed 'seem' to be 'lucky' servers...

Gz on the finds Eth :)

Greetz

Wish I could say the same. I know for certain Artamarks does not have the same drop % as Legendaries. But, in the same hand, they drop so infrequent for me I cannot help but think when I do find [1] I have to consider it as such.

Eth, I just couldn't believe it when you told me the number of Legendaries you had gotten this week... and coming from a run with a dragon of all things!

I can see your smile.

I like what you did with this post/story. I always appreciate when someone goes that extra distance to precisely pen colors that make an adventure distinct.

Good job

:)

gogo

*High Fives*

Damn you Eth, hogging all the Legendaries.. share the love I say!

Great story though :D

Much love for you Dreeft! A Wedding gift is also in the works. When we get a chance to catch up again. Perhaps after the honeymoon?

I swear every time I go into a server I get a whisper about what great treasure has dropped that night. I need to be as dilligent on the farming and maybe get a bit of that good luck from you.

That bow looks sick to equip a dryad with. Acute mind and %intelligence:) Sick! Or maybe a dragon mage?

Your more then welcome Claudius, [2] in a server is better then [1]! I welcome the party. As far as drops go, I can only say this...Persistance without Exception!

I have noticed a few key points to mention. Much fewer drops when running a solo server. I personally found when [2] are in server. Kill speeds remain the same, but drop % goes through the roof! When [3-5] are in server. Kill speeds become hindered. Which in turn lowers the drop %. I cannot say if this is accurate according to the numbers people. I am merely saying, this is what I have found to be true.

Happy Hunting!

I remain, :D

on a side note: found a Sacred Relic of the Antidote today. level 158 @ 18.8% MF.

I remain, :D

on a side note: found a Sacred Relic of the Antidote today. level 158 @ 18.8% MF.

WTG Eth!

Edited by Furian67

Well...looks like the givrym dragon is lucky in more ways than one. I was on the way to him and got a Lang's Farewell from a forest spirit champion :) And for once, I got a nice drop off the dragon...an Eternal Block, usually the fiery begger just drops sets or crappy unique rings/amulets which is what happened next time.

Edited by Dragon Brother