Reflect Magic

I have a 50% chance to reflect magic but it seems like I lose life 100% of the time against eyes. Is this working? Melee reflect its easier to see because you see all the yellow numbers.

I have seen ghosts in the banshee region get damaged by lightning casts that hit me. But those eyes.

I think I always get so scared seeing my life pool go down that I dont notice! :thumbsup:

Those developers were probably ringing their hands and saying 'muhahahaa' when they put the eyes in haha...

Hi claudius,

reflect magic works very well againts Eyes. I was searching some proof in my oldest mechanix´s videos and found this one - Blood and Sulfur quest, check the second wave of enemies (0:43), there you can see magic reflection in action.

vaclaf

Edited by vaclaf
I have a 50% chance to reflect magic but it seems like I lose life 100% of the time against eyes. Is this working? Melee reflect its easier to see because you see all the yellow numbers.

I have seen ghosts in the banshee region get damaged by lightning casts that hit me. But those eyes.

Something to consider:

+% Chance to reflect on items isn't an absolute. This means that, with +100% Chance to reflect will still mean you will not reflect everything.

+% [Whatever] on skills are absolutes. So with combat reflexes, having +50% chance to dodge melee attacks, means you always dodge 50% of all attacks (Of course you can still be unlucky and be hit 3x in a row, but then again you can be lucky and dodge 3x in a row :))

Be aware that (If monsters have these stats! I need confirmation) "Chance that enemy will reflect attacks -X%" will work against both, also on absolutes. Then there's something else too...

For example, the accuracy mod on the BFG is a chance of a guaranteed hit. So even if you would magically have +100% to evade from skills and a billion on items, the enemy would still be able to hit you if they have an ability like that. I assume we would be naive to think that no mob has it (Of course we should be able to safely assume only bosses have these nasty kind of things.)

Always, always, always, always keep in mind that there's an [Action] -> [Reaction] -> [Counter-reaction] -> [Counter-action] and even beyond that. Never be overconfident that you have a godlike character like R00ster's seraphim example, it can always be countered (Even if it's ever so unlikely). Here's an example:

Modded Radiant Pillar and other Combat Arts to reduce enemy attack rating by 150% [Action]

Enemy has 0% chance to hit from attack rating. Enemy attacks with a CA and triggers a guaranteed hit. [Reaction]

You trigger the % to reflect enemy attack [Counter-reaction]

Enemy triggers % to evade CA [Counter-action]

Please note that this example is probably wrong in calculation, there's a set way of defining if an attack hits or reflects, and my example probably doesn't match it. The morale of the example here is that even though you may have reduced the enemy attack chance to 0% and reflect chance is high, that the enemy still could avoid a reflect that somehow still got triggered even though he shouldn't have been able to hit you (The display says 0% chance to hit after all!)

This is the complexity of Sacred, and that's why we love this game! (And shopping for +skill gear too)

Edited by Xeneonic
Xeneonic... I'm dragging you over to the wiki...we have an attractive set of ball and chains fer ye... and a writing plume of highest quality

:(

gogo

I'll have to get more into Ice and Blood (Have only peeked 5 minutes into the new territories) before I touch the wiki :o. However, I definitely do have quite a lot of time on my hands so I'll see if I can be of any help with my current knowledge of the game (When there's noone playing that is ;))