Christmas in Ancaria - 2010

Doors open, welcome back everyone!  We were looking for months for a great Christmas skin to have for the community this season, and we lucked out with this beauty released by Evanescence just a few weeks ago. With a few personal touches, we hope that what we have always thought to be the single best release for the entire Sacred series, Christmas Island,  now has it's place on our boards.    As well as this new skin, there are lots of goodies abound.  Face book like buttons, positive reputation features for posts you love and want to give warm fuzzy feelings quickly to peeps that you want to give an extra hug to. We will be working with lots of the features as this month goes by, IPB is a juggernaut of an upgrade, but with Christmas just around the corner, we're hoping for lots of happy moments in and out of game.    lol, now here is the tougher news. The software we had bought back a few years ago, the IPBWiki bridge seems to be interefereig in the way of BB Code and formatting in posts.  So basically smilies are broken *gasp* until we can get them working again.  This includes things like bolding, italicizing, all those neat special effects in forums, down for now, but hopefully repaired soon.  If you guys notice other things, please post on this topic as well, we can begin putting together a list that we can begin to address.      This is now where we say, welcome back, thank you for waiting!     :)     gogo

• Like! 1

Hooray! Welcome back to everyone :)

Glad to see the upgrade went smoothly. Looking forward to checking out all the new features.

Thanks for your efforts Gogo & Schot :)

• Like! 1

Woohoo back on-line...looking pretty sweet :) Awesome job Schot and gogo

Not sure if you included 'quoting' in bb codes but they're not working and don't see the nice easy wiki icon link

• Like! 1

Not sure if you included 'quoting' in bb codes but they're not working and don't see the nice easy wiki icon link

Spacing and paragraphs are also not working well.  But SChot just came up with a way to control the music.  When you get tired of hearing it play, just go down to bottom left of your screen and you can choose Silent Night skin ^^   :)   gogo

Spacing and paragraphs are also not working well. But SChot just came up with a way to control the music. When you get tired of hearing it play, just go down to bottom left of your screen and you can choose Silent Night skin ^^ :) gogo

The "view new posts" button on the shortcut bar is pointing to the board index. Not a huge deal with the "view new content" link to the right under the search bar

Well... It IS different...

I take it the old Sterling theme is not compatible with the new software...?

And what happened to all the board's avatars? I miss my werewolf...

I see old posts with quoted material aren't quite recognized properly.

Edited by wolfie2kX
  • Like! 1

Welcome back FDM!

Amazing job Schot & gogo. Quickly done. Looks like just very minor details to flush-out.

Merry Christmas everyone!

Now to figure out how to use all these new features. And to think I was just becoming comfortable with our old version.

No more Sterling Theme?

I remain, Etherian

• Like! 1

Wow totally differant layout using my iPhone. As I type this it seems to be much better interface than the old system. I'll have to check out the real deal when I get off work.

*Thumbs up* Good job guys.

• Like! 1

Lookin' sharp here. Got curious when I saw the message on gogo's MSN.

Christmas theme is a bit over the top :) lol, I hope a default/low resources skin will remain after the default skin is changed.

By the way, I don't know whether this is chrome only, but the themesong does not autoplay for me, so no need for the Silent Night skin here.

• Like! 1

Like everyone else has said. Awesome work Schot, Gogo. The amount of effort you two continually put into this site makes it the little slice of internet heaven it is. :D

It looks like quoting now works and Im sure there are heaps of other new features for us to learn how to use. Also, I just tried to vote a post up and it didnt let me because I had already used my daily quota of post ups...is that intentional?

Loving the theme though, the christmas ogre is a great touch schot :)

Edit: And sterling silver...it would be great of that did come back at some point.

Edited by Dragon Brother
  • Like! 1

My view new posts is not working :)

And the standard skin changed in a way that I don't like :D I want my sterling silver back :(

Quick reply is gone :(

And ugly buttons and stuff :(

It just doesn't feel right :(

Sorry guys, but I don't like the new version of the forum.

Arp

Edit: I also can't change any information on my profile (the page where you fill out the questions) because it keeps going mad that my all time video game does this : "The data you entered exceeds the maximum allowed"...

Also, where is my "unlike" button, if I can "like" I want to be able to dislike too (so basically voting down) I don't know a post where I would do so, but half a feature is no feature at all...

Edited by Arperum

This skin definitely takes a while to get used to, but it does get the point across oh so well.

I am afraid however, that Schot's effort to make everything "Christmas representable" had an influence that went outside of this forum. Because as of a couple of hours, the city I live in is PACKED (literally :)) with snow. Now this surely cannot be a coincidence :D

Edited by Xeneonic

My view new posts is not working :)

And the standard skin changed in a way that I don't like :D I want my sterling silver back :(

Quick reply is gone :(

And ugly buttons and stuff :(

It just doesn't feel right :(

Sorry guys, but I don't like the new version of the forum.

Arp

Edit: I also can't change any information on my profile (the page where you fill out the questions) because it keeps going mad that my all time video game does this : "The data you entered exceeds the maximum allowed"...

Also, where is my "unlike" button, if I can "like" I want to be able to dislike too (so basically voting down) I don't know a post where I would do so, but half a feature is no feature at all...

View new posts doesnt work, but View new content just below the search box appears to do the same job.

Quick reply does work, just start typing into the text box at the bottom of a thread, its called Fast Reply.

Unlike...I guess for the same reason as facebook only has the like feature. Too much negativity can be converyed with an unlike, instead only your liking of something can be conveyed, only positivity. Which makes alot of sense to me.

The rest of stuff is just your opinion...although some of the read and green is a bit tacky, I dont mind it. Although there is the option to use the default IPboard skin if that suits you better.

Edit: Not to be nagging or anything, but will we see the return of the little info thing telling us everyones time in their part of the world on their profile under their avatar in posts? I find that helpful sometimes.

Edited by Dragon Brother

Woohoo, DM is back! ^^

Great work guys. Hoping to get everything running smooth. :)

Certainly takes some time to get used to this new skin. Hoping for Sterling or somesuch option after the xmas-season.

Very cool! The old avatars are back..! :)

The editor does look to be improved. Got some new fonts to play with - tho they seem to only be Windows standard default fonts. Oh well. Wonder if we can get Carolinga and Antiqua SSK on the list?

Eh... Could be worse.. Looks like it's a fairly solid job so far. Good going guys...

View new posts doesnt work, but View new content just below the search box appears to do the same job.

Thanks for that!

Quick reply does work, just start typing into the text box at the bottom of a thread, its called Fast Reply.

Same as Timo, I just don't have that box.

Edit: Not to be nagging or anything, but will we see the return of the little info thing telling us everyones time in their part of the world on their profile under their avatar in posts? I find that helpful sometimes.

I want that back too!

*goes back out of nagging mood(hopefully)*

Arp

Just wanted to say how wonderful it all looks guys. :xmastree:

Music Gogo? I get no music! (sob,sob) :cry:

Got popup blocker? That may be the problem. The music is channeled in from a pop-up...

Might wanna turn it off...

Weird thing is, I do have the quick reply box on another part of the forum.

Confused!

Odd...I dont have it here either...

Weirdness... I saw the box in question earlier. Not sure if it was on THIS thread or not though.

The Lich King armor set thread has one. But this one doesn't. NFI why that's the way it is..

Edited by wolfie2kX

Was wondering about the music earlier. That one's solved then.

About the quick replay; same here. Seeing it in the Lich King thread but not in this one.

Might be some hickups on the way. :xmastree: