Vanilla Xp Pack Or Straight To Cm Patch?

Heya,

CM-patch does try to correct some mistakes, but not everything can be fixed...

If not for the attempt to fix, then go for all the added content with CM-patch.

Sacred 2 is known for its odds and quirks, it will crash either way...:unsure:

Greetz

There really isn't lag on closed net either.

RPG's aren't the types of games that require sub 100ms timings for twitch gaming.

I would try closed first, and actually see if you notice anything, which I very highly doubt.

You kill stuff, it dies instantly etc, there is no visible lag, even with 1000ms pings.

It's not counter strike or similar, and latency has pretty much zero impact. Even in parties with other players.

Then you gain the ability to log in, play with others, have a central access to your characters (can export as well for solo) from any machine, etc etc.

Plus, it's much more fun with others. A constant grind by yourself is pretty bleak.

Cheers,

There really isn't lag on closed net either.

RPG's aren't the types of games that require sub 100ms timings for twitch gaming.

I would try closed first, and actually see if you notice anything, which I very highly doubt.

You kill stuff, it dies instantly etc, there is no visible lag, even with 1000ms pings.

Id have to disagree with that, when you are running around with 1k ping all the time you definitely notice it. Kills don't register straight away, often you will hit something many times after you have dealt enough damage to kill it. Healing effects take longer to activate (potions, leech), as hits take longer to register it makes regen per hit almost useless since you have to wait for it as well. Its liveable, but really very annoying.

Anyway, to georgelappies, I would suggest you dont imediately ignore online because of the lag, it does take a little getting used to, but the multiplayer experience is much richer. If you dont like it you can always go back to singleplayer.

I dunno.

I play with a 1000ms ping all the time, aside health pots, nothing noticable.

Certainly nothing you state (for me) aside pots.

Cheers,

EDIT* It does depend on your connection too though.

Edited by r00ster

I remember playing with DB sometime ago now.

DB is the King of Ping. I say this with much respect. If say I personally had to deal with ping like DB's. I can honestly say, I would hang my hat & let it collect dust on the coat rack.

If my memory servers me...we ran quite a few different servers. Found certain "treasure" drops, maybe gain a level or two. We would both eventually drop from the server. Log back in...as if we had not played the game at all. That certain "treasure" drop had vanished. The level or two gained, well, you never would have thought we gained any levels at all.

This is what I call...playing for free. Tough business!

Unfortunatly, I have not played with DB since these events. I do not know if DB has serious issues of this magnitude still? I know he plays with certain other members, clan mates. Perhaps our connection doesn't mesh well together? Regardless, DB does have some crazy ingame experiences due to ping.

I remain, :drinks:

Try online first. See how you like/dislike. Then make your decision.

Two Cents... :bye:

I remember playing with DB sometime ago now.

DB is the King of Ping. I say this with much respect. If say I personally had to deal with ping like DB's. I can honestly say, I would hang my hat & let it collect dust on the coat rack.

If my memory servers me...we ran quite a few different servers. Found certain "treasure" drops, maybe gain a level or two. We would both eventually drop from the server. Log back in...as if we had not played the game at all. That certain "treasure" drop had vanished. The level or two gained, well, you never would have thought we gained any levels at all.

This is what I call...playing for free. Tough business!

Unfortunatly, I have not played with DB since these events. I do not know if DB has serious issues of this magnitude still? I know he plays with certain other members, clan mates. Perhaps our connection doesn't mesh well together? Regardless, DB does have some crazy ingame experiences due to ping.

I remain, :drinks:

Try online first. See how you like/dislike. Then make your decision.

Two Cents... :bye:

Yeah, I still have that issue, even in lan games it turns out, but only with the one toon, my inquisitor...it appears to crash the gameserver exe file...dont know why he does but he does. I have been playing though, was a bit busy studying for uni for a period of about a month, but have been back into it the last couple of weeks, I just havent run into you...hopefully soon :)

I play with a 1000ms ping all the time, aside health pots, nothing noticable.

lol yeah right

rooster yer practically my next door neighbor. Only way you'd have a 1000 ms ping with this game is if you were trying to connect to the servers through a toaster

:P

gogo

• Like! 1

Well,

All you have to do to see your ping is NET_PING in console (~tilde key).

Mine averages from 800-1200ms constant.

That's actually pretty normal for servers in Germany to our Canada gogo.

You guys never check this or?

Cheers,

Then yer getting wrong ping rate from game.

I'm curious about this now, u gonna play today? I can be on in 46 mins... we can compare ping rates live

:)

gogo

Am on everyday, but not till after 5 PM EST.

Work comes first ;)

Then yer getting wrong ping rate from game.

I'm curious about this now, u gonna play today? I can be on in 46 mins... we can compare ping rates live

:)

gogo

Am on everyday, but not till after 5 PM EST.

Work comes first ;)

Work sure does, gotta get that money!