Where To Find A Shuriken That Gives Me Leech Life%? (Level 19)

okay so I've found a shuriken LL +1.2% and im level 40

I went to try it out on boss's and im getting no additional damage :|

please help :D

Cool deal!

Hmm.. Are you seeing little orange streaks heading back your way when you hit a target with it? If so, then you are getting something out of it.

Those orange arcs indicate you're leeching the target's life points. Blue streaks indicate Regeneration Per Hit.

yeah im seeing them little orange streaks :D

but I was wondering don't you normally do 'additonal damage' when you use LL% weapons?

if so I'm not getting any additional damage for some reason..

about to complete silver campaign and get onto gold tonight though :D

Then I'd be guessing you ARE getting the life leech thing - though it may not be showing the "Additional Damage xx" message. You should, but on occasion, during the heat of battle - especially if you've got more than one baddy coming at you, it can get lost in the shuffle. I've seen that much on the PC. Can't say for sure on either console as I don't have one and I'm not familiar with the quirks of it all.

Blue streaks indicate Regeneration Per Hit.

Blue streaks? I've never seen any blue streaks.

I'm not 100% sure, but I think I read somewhere that RpH was bugged prior to Ice and Blood, that's including on consoles. I may be wrong about that.

You can give it a try - you'll need a ring or amulet socketed in either a ring/amulet slot or forged into armor - that has the words "Regeneration per hit: xx%" on it. I think some armor may also have that as a built in modifier as well.

In short, what it does - every time you blast/hit/slice/dice an enemy with a weapon, your combat art gets a slight regeneration boost. On lower levels it's usually not a big boost. It's anywhere from 0.1 to about 1.1% depending on your level and what goodies are available - and it does stack with other RpH gear.

Regen per hit works on consoles from what I recall, but the blue streaks where added in Ice and blood.

Gonk, Is your game patched at all? The additional damage text was added in one of the patches I believe. You will however be leeching, the bosses health will be going down in chunks or in much faster smooth flows than you were seeing before using the shuriken.

ohhhhhhhhhh >__<

so they've updated the 'additional damage' ? and now it just kills faster instead and shows as normal numbers I was wondering why I was doing so many hits

thankyou

thankyou

thankyou :D

okay so I've found a shuriken LL +1.2% and im level 40

I went to try it out on boss's and im getting no additional damage :|

please help :D

Like I said in a post in this thread, Life Leech % doesn't work properly on the PS3. I am not sure about XBOX but I can't imagine it being different.

What I've noticed on the PS3 that the damage done is not calculated correctly and it does 1 damage when it should do 1000. The good news is that it does actually leech the correct amount of life. I noticed this when fighting the Grunwald dragon and he was doing 8000 damage to me and my health was getting refilled instantly.

Finally to answer you question, I believe (not 100% sure) you get the additional damage message when you leech at least 1000 damage. In your case the message will show when you fight an enemy with just over 83k life (83334 * 1,2% = 1000).

I just used a 3% LL two-handed sword to kill Kral the Winged Demon. He had just under 300k hit points, so I would have expected a LL of 9k. The Additional Damage numbers shown were a stream of 8's and 10's.

vaskov17, how did you determine that the LL% does not work? I cannot think of any easy way to prove/disprove that it works.

I just used a 3% LL two-handed sword to kill Kral the Winged Demon. He had just under 300k hit points, so I would have expected a LL of 9k. The Additional Damage numbers shown were a stream of 8's and 10's.

vaskov17, how did you determine that the LL% does not work? I cannot think of any easy way to prove/disprove that it works.

I have Detheya's full set which gives 3.9% (or 3.6% can't remember) life leech, which means at most 26 hits (100/3.9 = 25.6 round up to 26) should kill any monster. I tried it against bosses and it takes more than 26 hits to kill most of them.