Help With My Seraphim

Mortanius

Ok so I love my seraphim but she is weak. Spent the last 4 hrs reading trying to figure out a nice build for her. I cam up with this so far:

Tacts lore

exalted warror focus

Dual weld

combat reflex

reverd tec focus

warding energy

toughness

constitution

sword weapons

(this isent the exact order of the skills havent worked it out yet)

Now this is my problem I want armor lore more so for tanking but I also was concentration to maintain buffs and quick cast time. Honestly please rip this build to shreads if you must still learning.

My over all goal is to tank great and have a nice damage out put.

Another thing what unlocks would I get from sword weapons? still learning thanks

Mort

Honestly please rip this build to shreads if you must still learning.

Mort

OK, you asked for it.... :devil:

IMO, taking dual wield and sword weapons in the same build is for a more advanced playstyle. The sword weapons skill will unlock modifiers on swords such as opponents chance to evade, chance to inflict the various wounds effects, yada yada. When you have a chest full of swords that have these mods (ie Boneslicer, etc) that you want to take advantage of, that is the time to take both of those skills in one build.

I am not an avid Seraphim player, but I have 2 options for your tank...

Drop Swords, take Armour and concentration and use 2 buffs.

Drop Rev Tech focus, and Warding Energy Lore and forget about concentration/Warding Energy buff; and play a one-aspect build. Add: Armour Lore, and there are 2 skills left open. I will always suggest Bargaining in my builds, if you do not have a shopper then take EP and Barg. If you don't want her to be a shopper, I still suggest EP... and you have 1 skill open, maybe dip into Celestial Magic, for a good Hallowed Restoration, maybe some Radiant Pillar tricks.

You are probably better off with option 1, Divine Protection is just awesome. Archangels Wrath is no slouch, either, but without RT Lore, it won't be a HUGE damage dealer... but effective still.

Okay, so from what I see you have one spare skill, which I'd take armour lore with (it's the only skill I consider vital for all characters). I'd also consider dropping Sword Lore in order to take Concentration. Whilst this means you aren't getting the lore based bonuses for most swords, a lot of the unique swords lack hidden modifiers anyway. My take on this would be:

2. Tactics Lore

3. Concentration

5. Dual Wield

8. Armour Lore

12. Revered Tech Focus

18. Combat Reflexes

25. Constitution

35. Toughness

50. Warding Energy Lore

65. Exalted Warrior Focus

You would need to drop five points into Tactics Lore to open Dual Wield at level five, and then get five points into Concentration before taking Revered Tech Focus at level 12 (so that you can start modding Warding Energy). I'd take Revered Tech Focus there, as you haven't got the Lore skill - I don't normally take Focus skills early as I don't consider them necessary until Gold*.

Personally, I'd take Polearms over dual Wield, in order to get the life leech % for boss fights, but that's just me. The damage output on polearms is pretty good as well, even without the life leech.

* I should explain that I tend to take both Lore and Focus skills for the aspects I plan to use, and take the Lore skills early on, leaving the focus skills for later in the game when you need to be running buffs at stupidly high amounts.

(Essjayehm got there first!)

Edited by Steerpike1

The following is based on my only Seraphim (level 126):

On PS3, unless you are doing BFG or a caster, do not take Concentration. Battle Stance is the only buff I can recommend. Divine Protection is so powerful as to render Warding Energy worthless, and I see virtually no reason to use Cleansing Brilliance.

You really need to work Armor Lore in there somewhere, and get it mastered ASAP. I would drop either Sword Weapons or Combat Reflexes. Add Armor Lore and get as many Divine Protection runes as possible and nothing other than the Nameless Guardians will be able to touch you.

Dump as many points as possible into Tactics Lore and DW, followed by EWF. I have Pelting Strikes slotted and use it as my primary attack. In the beginning, it will continue with regular attacks while it is recharging. I am at the point now, that it does PS constant.

I would advise caution with LL%. I have doubts whether it works on PS3.

from my experiance in other games, and my logical appeal is telling me that tanking and dealing good dmg will require sick gear compared to you're level.

its known allover that tanks cant/shouldnt be able to compare damage wise with a "DPS" damage dealers. and for that you will need some very nice gear.

also keep in mind the longer it takes for you to kill one or more mobs the slower lvling, watch out it doesnt go too slow otherwise you might get bored of the game :)

my only char so far is a HE at around 30ish single player. so im not pro with tanking or your class, this was based on logic and experiance from games like WoW and diablo 2.

Just updated my profile I switched to PC from PS3. Thanks for the feed back I'll just stack my points till I get more feed back thanks again. BTW I want this to be my main I want to tank but still throw in some magic for the added damage bonus as well. Thanks

Mort

Edited by Mortanius

Just updated my profile I switched to PC from PS3. Thanks for the feed back I'll just stack my points till I get more feed back thanks again. BTW I want this to be my main I want to tank but still throw in some magic for the added damage bonus as well. Thanks

Mort

PC huh? Ignore what I said above. I know that Divine Protection was severely weakened on the PC version.

Heya,

Seraphim tank:

1. Concentration (WE and BS) Try to get +60% shield absorb)

2. Tactics Lore

3. Dual Wield

4. Armor Lore

5. Exalted Warrior Focus

6. Warding Energy Lore

7. Revered Technology Focus

8. Constitution (not really needed IF you go full absorb tho)

9. Toughness

10. Combat Discipline

Play your cards right, and this build is indestructible.

Forget about Combat Reflexes, you will not need it.

-Damage Mitigation (Nio Shoulders/Endi Wings/Revelation Chest)

-LL% Maybe two Kal'Durs for Bosshunting.

Two Buffs Simultaneously, Pelting Strikes as main attack, Combined with Soul Hammer for Bosses.

Another nice option would be to take EP for better drops and XP, skip CD or Constitution then. Only skip constitution if you are sure you can manage and uphold a 100% absorbing Warding Energy Buff tho.

Seraphim is pretty straightforward Hack and Slash, and arguably can be one of the strongest characters ingame.

Have fun playing!

Greetz

Edited by Barristan

Sounds great but how should I distribute the points? Another thing I was reading on shields for my class and looking at the Combat art for Warding energy, I'm guessing I get most of the absorb from gear/socket items? Another thing is it takes me sooooo long to get to level 10. Before I made this post I was just working on another seraphim and I already had tacts lore exalted warrior and duel wield sloted, If I follow your build do I have to reroll again start from scratch? Thanks for the input. Is their a place where I can find all my bonus's trying to search but I cant find anything thanks again.

Mort

Edited by Mortanius

Sounds great but how should I distribute the points? Another thing I was reading on shields for my class and looking at the Combat art for Warding energy, I'm guessing I get most of the absorb from gear/socket items? Another thing is it takes me sooooo long to get to level 10. Before I made this post I was just working on another seraphim and I already had tacts lore exalted warrior and duel wield sloted, If I follow your build do I have to reroll again start from scratch? Thanks for the input. Is their a place where I can find all my bonus's trying to search but I cant find anything thanks again.

Mort

Heya,

well.... lvls will only get longer, the first generally being quite fast. Socket +XP to make the levels fly by faster.

I dont think there is any need to start over. Post what you have up till now, because stat distribution depends a bit on what you are planning to do...

Greetz

For XP, make sure and watch the enemy level. On ps3, the targeting ring is color-coded based on enemy level (white, green, yellow and red). Starting out, I want to stay green. Avoid white because the XP you earn is not worth your time.

Eh I rerolled her wanted to change her name now she is Archangel Gemcrest. Im starting her in a few min, My goal is to get her to around 70ish than rush thru the rest of silver. This is much different than the PS3 but I do miss the controls :tongue: Thanks for the help with the build still learning about shielding and what not. Is their a map or a guide for where to farm for different items or an area for the best results for a certain item etc? thanks again and happy new years eve :drinks:

Mort :paladin:

Edited by Mortanius

The short answer is that item drops are random.

Higher level enemies, elites and bosses have a higher chance of giving better drops. This is why people farm bosses. Note this is not a guarantee. This morning, I defeated the White Griffin on Niob and walked away with just 2 potions and an amulet for a CA for a different class.

You might try this for a little light reading ;):

Item Drop Mechanics

Just want to say thanks for the input and help on the build. Being that this is now my highest level character on the pc its going great. Levels are going pretty fast today I farmed the griffin for 3 levels,(29-32) and got nice stuff. Cant wait to open up more bosses and farm them thanks again for everyones help :woot:

Mort :paladin: