Increasing The Amount Of Items You Can Pick

Munera

I'd like to know if there's a mod to increase the circle's area to pick up items (Q). I hate killing the Heart of the Machine and clicking the drops one by one.

Thx in advance :)

I'd like to know if there's a mod to increase the circle's area to pick up items (Q). I hate killing the Heart of the Machine and clicking the drops one by one.

I haven't tried it but in the balance.txt file "RangePickUpLoot" might be of use to you (but then again I may be completely wrong). Try changing it to a bigger number and see what happens, I think you will have to edit it and then reload the game to see any changes.

• 1 month later...

I haven't tried it but in the balance.txt file "RangePickUpLoot" might be of use to you (but then again I may be completely wrong). Try changing it to a bigger number and see what happens, I think you will have to edit it and then reload the game to see any changes.

I looked at the balance.txt but was wondering which one do you change to effect the game under program files in my sacred 2 scripts folder there is the sub folder Sever which has it then there is a bac folder where it is also located, or am I looking in the wrong place. I am thinking I should back up the file before changing it, but it would be cool if you can pick up items in a wider area.

I changed the setting from 200 to 800 it doesn't seem to make any difference the circle is the same size and it doesn't pick up anything outside the circle.

Edited by Vampir

Sorry to post again but it's been awhile and I found the solution it exist in options.txt so to increase the area of what you can pick up you should add it to your optionsCustom.txt

In options.txt

autoCollectRadius = 160

Put this in your optionsCustom.txt

options.autoCollectRadius = 320

I just doubled the size and it is a lot wider area now. I don't know how big it can be experiment at your own risk.

big_0017.jpg

Hum, well I guess it's back to the drawing board then, maybe along with that other setting in balance.txt it might do something. I changed RangePickUpLoot to 500000 and it still didn't seem to do anything the circle remained the same size and it wouldn't pick up anything out side the circle.

• 7 years later...
59 minutes ago, Androdion said:

Can't vouch for a seven year old topic, but I can tell you that the CM Patch 1.60 has coding that does increase the pickup range. All you need to do is edit the options.txt to have the visuals reflect the increased range. Give it a try.

Bingo.  You can increase the visual radius all you want in options.txt, it won't actually do anything.  The pickup range is hardcoded and we made it much bigger in CM Patch 1.60.