How much Visibility Range do I need to get 80% of the map cleared?

I'm trying for the Master Cartographer Achievment - the one that requires 80% of the map to be revealed. I'm so bloody close - I can just about taste it. I've got 71% and I've practically been everywhere my Temple Guardian can go. I've even added a couple of items - a helmet and a ring that boost Visibility Range by 19.3%.

How much more do I need to get that last 9%...?

I had a similar trouble. Without these items I managed to clear only 73%, but getting the items didn't help to get 7%. I got somewhat +50% total, but it wasn't enough. That was in original Fallen Angel, and later I thought that maybe clearing all the Ice and Blood regions would change the situation. But looks like even opening the Ice and Blood map doesn't help.

Try to have at least 500%.

This is enough to clear most of the map without jumping over mountains. I got 120% this way. Don't forget to enter in all caves too. ;)

I had a similar trouble. Without these items I managed to clear only 73%, but getting the items didn't help to get 7%. I got somewhat +50% total, but it wasn't enough. That was in original Fallen Angel, and later I thought that maybe clearing all the Ice and Blood regions would change the situation. But looks like even opening the Ice and Blood map doesn't help.

I wouldn't quite say that doing the expanded areas won't help. I'm sure they redid the calculations for that to include the new territory. I managed to find a pocket or two of black I missed the first time I passed thru the area and I got another 0.2%... I suppose finding another helmet with a larger % helped a bit in that as well.

This is enough to clear most of the map without jumping over mountains. I got 120% this way. Don't forget to enter in all caves too. ;)

:thumbsup:

good solid advice!

:thumbsup:

good solid advice!

Wow... 500%..? Hmm.. So basically, I need to put a + visibility range ring or ammy into every socket I can stuff on in... Not so sure can find enough to go around. Ack.. Time to do some serious shopping...

I'm afraid that the shopping isn't the only trouble here. You'd have to run around in this armor. (At least along all the borders of the map) I doubt that you'd want to complete the next difficulty in an armor that is socketed with visibility range only. And the current difficulty is probably already boring for you.

I'm afraid that the shopping isn't the only trouble here. You'd have to run around in this armor. (At least along all the borders of the map) I doubt that you'd want to complete the next difficulty in an armor that is socketed with visibility range only. And the current difficulty is probably already boring for you.

Yeah... Good points.. I think it would make more sense to run around in the lower level I'm working on finishing than to go into Gold and have nerfed armor. I'm pretty sure there's very little I need to be afraid of at the moment. Most everything short of a boss will drop with one hit. Not so sure that'd be the case in Gold. Eh.. I can be bored a bit longer.

OK... Now I know Sacred 2 has bugs... But this just don't make sense.

Either that or the game has a mind of it's own and got bored with me eradicating the fog of war.

Check it out. I found a few more bits of Visibility Range goodies - which boosted my rating to about 64.8%... So there I am, making my way around the west end of Tyr Lysia - and I popped off the mobiculum and into the cave where the Farmer's Wife quest originates. My TG suddenly announces that I've got a new achievement. I look on the screen - and I've now got my Master Cartographer... Yay... So I look in the log - and sure enough - it's now got a shiny new icon sitting there...

post-14586-0-15399200-1296915377_thumb.jpg

But then I'm thinking - wow... That last 9% sure went quick. Last I checked, I was at like 71.6%

Sure enough - It finally ticked over to 71.7% when I got the ding...

post-14586-0-52607200-1296915476_thumb.jpg

Weirdness...

Speaking of achievements and bugs. At least before Ice and Blood the 'Dungeon Master' achievement was simply not available normally, because the number on dungeons entered was reset to 0 every time you exit the game. The 'sacred2stats' file may be opened with Notepad as a text, and there is possible to check your number in this file. I spent a lot of time trying to get the achievement. Then I understood that you should enter 100 dungeons in one session. I still can't get if they fixed it in Ice and Blood or CM.

I earned the Scrooge trophy and my DW Seraphim had bought pretty much everything under the sun.

I knew that there were rounding issues with the Cartographer trophies, but that seems a little too much for rounding.

Edit:

Just got home and checked, I am at 71.3. I was going to see where I earned that trophy, but on ps3 you get it at 50%.

Edited by lujate

Speaking of achievements and bugs. At least before Ice and Blood the 'Dungeon Master' achievement was simply not available normally, because the number on dungeons entered was reset to 0 every time you exit the game. The 'sacred2stats' file may be opened with Notepad as a text, and there is possible to check your number in this file. I spent a lot of time trying to get the achievement. Then I understood that you should enter 100 dungeons in one session. I still can't get if they fixed it in Ice and Blood or CM.

Ah.. So that's the trick behind that. Was wondering why that stat was always 0... I was begining to wonder just what constituted a 'dungeon'. Going to have to give that a try. I'll get back to you on that.

EDIT: Ok.. So here's another burning question that begs an answer...

Do multi-leveled dungeons/caves and the sort count as ONE or TWO..? I.e. Gronkor's Grave - it's a 2 level dungeon. So if I enter that one - does it count as one or two toward the 100...?

Edited by wolfie2kX

Ah.. So that's the trick behind that. Was wondering why that stat was always 0... I was begining to wonder just what constituted a 'dungeon'. Going to have to give that a try. I'll get back to you on that.

EDIT: Ok.. So here's another burning question that begs an answer...

Do multi-leveled dungeons/caves and the sort count as ONE or TWO..? I.e. Gronkor's Grave - it's a 2 level dungeon. So if I enter that one - does it count as one or two toward the 100...?

Got the answer to that finally...

1.) You've got to do ALL 100 dungeons in ONE sitting. (that's the bad news)

2.) Every time you enter a dungeon, it counts as +1 to that stat (good news)

2a.) It doesn't matter which dungeon you enter. The game does not track which caves you've entered before. You can enter the same dungeon 100 times and it will count.

3.) Multi-level dungeons count individually. (more good news)

4.) If you go into a dungeon, go down to a lower level, and then go back up, the upper level dungeon now counts as +1 again.

Given #4, then, when you do the Gronkor's Grave quest, and you go in and out of the two levels, that counts as +6 overall to that stat by the time you completed the quest. That's because you enter the top level, go down to the basement level to check to to see if he's missing any hands, then you return to the top level (that's +3). Then you go outside, inform the waiting Orcs who then ask you to go back and retrieve both hands. Your 2nd foray into the caves results in another +3. Nice.

5.) There's no way to report the statistic inside the game. You have to save using F7 (Ice and Blood) or F10 (Fallen Angel) and then Alt-Tab out to Windows to load the HeroXX.sacred2stats file that's linked to your character in Notepad.

More Lies, lies and darn statistics...

The Map Revealed statistic, shown in the Inventory page, by holding the mouse pointer over the character's name, is incorrect. It doesn't report the actual amount of map revealed. Using the technique in item #5 above, I found I had 81.97% revealed when my in game statistic only says I've got 73.4% currently revealed. It also explains why it was awarded the Master Cartographer stat with only 71.7%. The two values do not match and the one in game is pretty much useless.

Now, this stuff definitely applies to the PC... No idea how much of it actually applies to console versions of the game.

I am not sure if the Dungeon Master trophy exists on the console version.

It doesn't. The Achievements page says it's PC Only... But the map revealed bug thing may apply. Though, I have no idea how, if at all, you can check the accuracy of the stat.

I doubt there is any legitimate way to verify the value shown on the overview page, since the consoles are pretty much a closed environment.

I assume that the two values start off the same, at zero. It would be interesting to know how/when they get off (e.g. one value ignores certain areas, visibility bonuses applied differently), although such a task would likely be more trouble than it was worth.

I doubt there is any legitimate way to verify the value shown on the overview page, since the consoles are pretty much a closed environment.

I assume that the two values start off the same, at zero. It would be interesting to know how/when they get off (e.g. one value ignores certain areas, visibility bonuses applied differently), although such a task would likely be more trouble than it was worth.

True.. In which case, there probably isn't a file that stores statistics - like the heroXX.sacred2stats file on the PC. Can't get to it, no need for it.

Actually should not be too much work. Start a new character, do a fixed run somewhere, then apply the gear from the chest and see what the difference is. Of course, that may still be problematic - since I'm sure all of my armor bits and rings and ammy are fairly high level and probably can't be worn by a new character.

Well I'll be dipped. I keep expecting to hear "Well done player . . ." every dungeon I enter. Now I know why I don't.

And does visibility affect % explored? I know in underworld it did not matter what your visibility was -- you got credit for each "block" you entered. Seeing did not matter. You got the whole block even if you only just crossed the edge, but got nothing even if you saw the whole thing but did not enter.

I'm at 74% explored now, with a couple areas I can yet visit. Plus I did not do good "edge" work in many dungeons. I fully expect to hit 80% without any visibility boost.

Another question, where is the other value stored?

Which value? The amount of map revealed? That's likely stored in the save file itself. Achievements (on the PC) are stored in the chest file. The value shown in game? Who knows. It may not be stored anywhere - just something that's calculated somehow by some other means. No clue where that's stored.

The two values I was referring to were the two different % revealed numbers. I guess it does not really matter where they are stored as long as you have a way to check them both.

Personally, I am a big believer in the saying, "The man with one watch is always sure of the time, while the man with two watches is never sure.", so I find it ironic that there even are two values.

My in-game displayed % revealed matches the stored value in the hero file -- at least to displayed significance. The stored value is 74.07 -- displayed as 74.1

My in-game displayed % revealed matches the stored value in the hero file -- at least to displayed significance. The stored value is 74.07 -- displayed as 74.1

OK... So the question arises....

What version of Sacred 2 do you have?

I'm on Ice and Blood 2.65.2

I'm running plain vanilla US version patched to 2.43. Maybe that's why the percent matches -- no extra areas to count.

I'm running plain vanilla US version patched to 2.43. Maybe that's why the percent matches -- no extra areas to count.

True... It's entirely possible the devs never really sorted out the extra space.