Upgrading Unique Mount?

Riding will help with your mounted CA regen times. If you continue, I would not invest too many points there, and when your mounted regens start to get out of hand, just sell your unique mount and get a new one.

I saw this in another thread and wanted to ask about it. I had always assumed that a unique mount was a fixed level and could not be upgraded. Where can you sell your mount, back where you bought it?

I saw this in another thread and wanted to ask about it. I had always assumed that a unique mount was a fixed level and could not be upgraded. Where can you sell your mount, back where you bought it?

I have not tried selling a horse at unique mount vendor (or vice versa); but yes, at the unique mount vendor, you can sell your unique mount (but you get 0 gold for selling it :(

The mounts (both types) do level up as you level up when riding on them, and at a faster rate than you do as well. My TG got his unique mount at level 1, and did 99% of his levelling on it. At about level 75, I switched mount-types and the first mount was level 93-ish when I sold it.

Ysne58, do not worry about it. PC is by far the standard for Sacred 2, I make the same assumption myself until I find out otherwise.

Essjayehm, as I understand the quote at the very top, It sounds like you are saying that you can upgrade your unique mount by buying a new one. Did I just misunderstand?

My Seraphim sold off her horse and tiger. If no more good comes out of this thread, that will be enough.

Ysne58, do not worry about it. PC is by far the standard for Sacred 2, I make the same assumption myself until I find out otherwise.

Essjayehm, as I understand the quote at the very top, It sounds like you are saying that you can upgrade your unique mount by buying a new one. Did I just misunderstand?

My Seraphim sold off her horse and tiger. If no more good comes out of this thread, that will be enough.

It all depends... Hypothetical situation.

Your character starts off in say, Silver. Goes through the whole game with the same Unique Mount purchased at the Mount Isle. So you decide to start a new game in Gold. At the start of the Gold game, you should still have the old mount. You can then continue on with said mount - but you probably would be better off trading in the old mount the next time you get a chance. A Gold level mount may actually have better stats than the Silver one.

The quote in question - I see where he was likely going. When you buy your mount the first time around, it's going to be close to your current level. Say level 40 for the sake of example. As you play on, the mount will level up - generally faster than you do. Every time it levels up, the regen penalty gets a bit higher. So if you go back to the dealer and trade it in for another model, it will be reset to your current level, which will lower the regen penalty. Given unique mounts aren't exactly cheap, that may actually be a fairly expensive proposition.

I never thought of that. My level 146 DW seraphim still had the tiger she picked up in Bronze.

I took my level 36 HE back to check out the stats for her wind serpent. Her level 39 wind serpent has a 54.1% regen penalty. A new level 38 wind serpent only has a 31.6% penalty, while all of the bonuses are the same. That means with a new mount, the Arrant Pyro bonus (33.3%) would be more than the penalty.

I never thought of that. My level 146 DW seraphim still had the tiger she picked up in Bronze.

I took my level 36 HE back to check out the stats for her wind serpent. Her level 39 wind serpent has a 54.1% regen penalty. A new level 38 wind serpent only has a 31.6% penalty, while all of the bonuses are the same. That means with a new mount, the Arrant Pyro bonus (33.3%) would be more than the penalty.

Ouch.. a 23 odd % nerf.. The big question - how much would the old Ogre pay for the old mount and how much did he want for the newer one? Is that amount of Gold being spent worth it? That's something you can answer for yourself.

erhm ? do u have problem with gold that you worry about it? :P :P

It all depends on how much I've got at any given point. If I'm freakin' rollin' in the stuff, then no, but if I'm down to my last, say 5 million or so, then yah.. I get a bit tetchy about spending large sums of it. Especially if I needed a huge pile of it to upgrade some armor. My TG's last chestplate upgrades cost 4.1 million gold in the blacksmith's pockets. Call it sticker shock... I dread how much the next one at level 105 is gonna set me back.

Old mounts are worth 0 gold, and the new wind serpent costs 417k. I am a little short on cash right now, so I will probably just check again when I get there on the next difficulty.

Aspect bonus is a different value than +regeneration. For example fire skin you can just keep eating runes pretty much and fire CAs keep getting better regeneration. Even though the aspect is much lower than the + regeneration.

At least thats what I found with twinked gear about 3 niob -regen smith arts and so forth.

Aspect bonus is a different value than +regeneration. For example fire skin you can just keep eating runes pretty much and fire CAs keep getting better regeneration. Even though the aspect is much lower than the + regeneration.

At least thats what I found with twinked gear about 3 niob -regen smith arts and so forth.

I am not sure I understand. Are you saying the two regen adjustments are not the same scale? I assumed they were just pluses and minuses adjusting the same base value.

erhm ? do u have problem with gold that you worry about it? :P :P

It all depends on how much I've got at any given point. If I'm freakin' rollin' in the stuff, then no, but if I'm down to my last, say 5 million or so, then yah.. I get a bit tetchy about spending large sums of it. Especially if I needed a huge pile of it to upgrade some armor. My TG's last chestplate upgrades cost 4.1 million gold in the blacksmith's pockets. Call it sticker shock... I dread how much the next one at level 105 is gonna set me back.

I have spend over 100 milion on my last upgrade on tg around level 100 but still I dont care that much ;p

I run out of gold few times only on my HE who I tried to finish plat campaign by level 75 ..

My new HE competed the unique mount quest late last night. In the shop, the regen penalty was 30-something. After making the purchase, it was over 50%. :(

That makes makes me wonder whether the "upgrade" I was considering would have actually panned out.

OK.. Just completed the Unique Mount quest in Gold. Still had my mobiculum from Silver and it's level 120 while I'm at level 108.

The ogre wants to give me 156,674 gold for it. The replacement is only level 111. The regen for CA on the old one is 55.5% while the replacement is only 51. No idea how much the replacement will set me back.

post-14586-0-09614900-1298360293_thumb.jpg

Edit: Ok.. I sold the old one and bought the new one. Threw on my bargaining suit and knocked him down to 2.63 million (down from 2.88 million). The regen nerf was only 50.0% on it and it was also down to level 108.

Edited by wolfie2kX

I meant that if you have +50 regeneration and -33 aspect that it doesn't total +17...

I tested flame skin and just kept eating runes. My regeneration penalty was going WAY higher than the aspect bonus but my regeneration times for fireball and so forth were going down.

So I concluded that aspect bonus is on a different calculation from regeneration.

In my case I had 2 niob regeneration smith arts so it might have been causing diminishing returns in what +regeneration would do to the combat arts. I think that might be the case.

But it does show that aspect bonus is a separate thing in the calculation than +regeneration.

I meant that if you have +50 regeneration and -33 aspect that it doesn't total +17...

I tested flame skin and just kept eating runes. My regeneration penalty was going WAY higher than the aspect bonus but my regeneration times for fireball and so forth were going down.

So I concluded that aspect bonus is on a different calculation from regeneration.

In my case I had 2 niob regeneration smith arts so it might have been causing diminishing returns in what +regeneration would do to the combat arts. I think that might be the case.

But it does show that aspect bonus is a separate thing in the calculation than +regeneration.

Look again - that mobiculum is the generic one - no aspect bonus - just shields and hitpoints.

I suppose that it does make sense - the aspect bonus would be different from the nerf. The question is where is it applied? Before you factor in the +50% or after?

My new HE competed the unique mount quest late last night. In the shop, the regen penalty was 30-something. After making the purchase, it was over 50%. :(

That makes makes me wonder whether the "upgrade" I was considering would have actually panned out.

I saw this exact thing over the weekend... 30% regen penalty in-store, but 50% after purchase (and in inventory)... quite frustrating :(

The aspect should be applied after -- and basically cancels the increase. To wit:

Say your regen factor is F; then F x (1 + 1/2) = 3/2F

Apply the -1/3 bonus: 3/2F x (1- 1/3) = 3/2F x 2/3 = F.

voila

The aspect should be applied after -- and basically cancels the increase. To wit:

Say your regen factor is F; then F x (1 + 1/2) = 3/2F

Apply the -1/3 bonus: 3/2F x (1- 1/3) = 3/2F x 2/3 = F.

voila

That is pretty close.

For my HE, nothing equipped, no buffs, dismounted:

BT 3.5 sec

GT 4.1 sec

Mounted, I calculated:

BT 3.749 (3.7 + 60.7% - 33.3%)

GT 6.58 (4.1 + 60.7%)

Actual numbers:

BT 3.7

GT 6.7

Edited by lujate
  • 2 weeks later...

I just completed the mount quest in Ice and Blood. The numbers did not change when I bought the mount, and I think were nearly the same as after I purchased the mount on PS3 (I.e. it looks like the fixed the in-store numbers).