Post your favourite videogame music!

Mr. ioes:

Hey, welcome to my humble thread.

Those pieces were really great.

I can totally see vast legions of soldiers marching across a battlefield to those.

Pefectly composed for the game, if you ask me.

I like the tagline for the game: "Caesar III: Build a better Rome"

As if Rome wasn't badass enough in it's day, haha.

Also, I can see you are a fan of HOMM3, having one of the Tower's heroes as your avatar.

What was his name, Fafner or something?

I actually played around with the exact same image as your avatar when I was making mine.

For some reason I abandoned it for this one.

I'm glad to see another fan here on the forum.

I loved playing the game, but I REALLY sucked at it, haha.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Solmyr was his name and it actually is quite a coincidence.

just looked for an awesome character on the internet and his picture came into my mind.

fafner.jpg Fafner was the guy with speciality in nagas / naga queens, solmyr had imba chain lightning ;)

@gogolblender: are you going for guild wars 2? Cause it definitly is on my list, looks awesome so far.

Edited by mr.ioes

Solmyr was his name and it actually is quite a coincidence.

just looked for an awesome character on the internet and his picture came into my mind.

fafner.jpg Fafner was the guy with speciality in nagas / naga queens, solmyr had imba chain lightning ;)

Ah, yes.

It's coming back to me now.

Thanks for clearing it up, haha.

I think the Necromancers were a pain in the ass to beat.

They always re-aninmated dead enemies and brought an army of like 30K skeletons with them.

Their town theme is definately one of the best though.

So creepy!

Sirius, only two things you really need to know about Juri Han: psycho, and... uh... 'female dog'. That theme song suits her TOO well. ;p

And here's a few more from the SF4 series:

Secret agents have never looked this sexy:

Imagine waking up and brushing your teeth to this:

Where da beef at!?

And when Guile tells you to go home and be a family man, you BETTER do what he says and go home and be a family man!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oMlhWlzLop0

Schott:

Killer Instinct is a series that needs to be revived. The graphics back in the day was amazing, and you could practically hear the music in the arcades pumping loud over everything else. And, of course, you got the combos, and it's always fun to finish them off with an ULLLLLLLLLLLTRA COMBOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! :D Kinda hard to do anything given the way the second game in the series sunk it, but if MK can go on and on with its constant iterations that only the few diehards ever even bothered to look, then KI most definitely deserves a third game. By the by, I'm a Jago fan at heart, and it's good to see you put up his theme. :)

Edited by Aegis
  • 4 months later...

From my current favourite RPG Demon's souls, here are some tunes that play when you fight a boss.

This one plays when you are fighting the boss "Old monk" :

This is the theme of "Flamelurker". A very fast and dangerous boss that many players have problems beating their first time around:

And the last one of my favourites, the theme of "False King".

Definately one of the hardest fights in the game, this tune tells you that you can't fool around this time.

Time to get serious.

Hmmm, anyone old enough to remember the 3D space opera: Homeworld?

When looking at the game and music video: The game is from 1999. I had the first release because it was delivered with the soundtrack release and the only chance that time to get the new Yes song which my sister wanted for birthday. Lot more goodies on the soundtrack cd.

Hey, good song Chattius.

I got some real Deep Purple vibes when that hammond organ started in the middle of the song.

Truly an intricate band that, although I usually steer in the direction of more melodically based rock bands like Uriah Heep.

Are Yes one of your favourite bands?

Edited by Sirius

Sisters were doing figure skating. Not ice, but rollers, since with a size of 190cm they were too big for jumps but had more momentum for pirouets. With 4 rolls on each feet a bigger size is less hindering than at ice at landing. They were always looking for music as background for their skating. Music with text is not really wanted since you have to cut the music to fit to your skating. Rick Wakeman, a member from Yes, did some solo albums playing selfmade electromechanical instruments. I think at one olympics a quarter of all skaters were using his album 'The six wifes of Henry Viii'.

There was a lot of discussion if the opening of musical "The phantom of the opera" was stolen from a Rick Wakeman album.

As a late teen NDW= Neue Deutsche Welle = translating German new Wave, was our favourite.

This was a .wav file on the CD. As far as I remember, the song never played in-game. You just had to find it if you got curious and explored the files on the CD.

If you never played this awesome game you won't get the song but I'm posting it anyway. Maug were my favorite race.

I'm also a BIG fan of Heroes of might and magic, I started with 1, then one of my sisters bf brought number 3, and I played it for a few years, and finally I got the gold edition of Heroes of might and magic 5. Hammers of fate and tribes of the east expansion.

I love the music of the whole series, and Paul Romero is the composer for no 6 as well. But I'm disappointed that they took out the Academy... they are my favourite faction, followed by Sylvan/Elves, then Necromancers/undead.

I didn't like the schools of magic in H5, summoning, dark, destructive and light. H3 did it better with water, air, fire, and earth, because each one had summoning spells, destructive spells, light spells and dark spells.

The graphics in H5 was great, I especially like the way the camera zooms around the town when you enter!

Delta!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Long time no see.

Just wanted to post some music from Emperor: Battle for Dune.

I've been listening to this a lot lately. Tell me what you think.

Of all the 3 houses (teams) you can be in the game, these guys resort to cloning soldiers, and are the most technically advanced, with laser tanks and gas turrets.

Their tactics includes infiltraion, sabotage and secrecy instead of massive assaults.

They are cold, calculating and merciless.

Composed by Jarrid Mendelson.