What is the best way to develop and maintain shopping toons?

Dont see a point as its singleplayer. You cant just take any difficulty on MP as well ./. to go gold or plat soon you have to finish campaign as well.Platinum is level 100 without doing campaign, well build char can grind in plat at around 65 by doing campaign so you know ....

I have just reached your point with my SW and around level 100-105 I still need less than hour to gain level. I have done campaign and grind in niob since level 90 or so. Compaing 1 hour and 3,5 hour its slow... But that SW, I have level 98 utility TG like you so I will compare timing but I cant believe he can reach that speed which my Sw has, thats why Dobri meant Devout TG leveling is slow.

Actually... You can. All you need to get to the next level in MP is achieve the bare minimum level for the difficulty level to get in the door. To get to Gold, all you need is level 60. Platinum - level 100. Niobium - level 140.

Play in Silver to level 60 in MP. Save the game and exit. Reload and when you're in the lobby, create a new server - you will now see the option to start the game in Bronze, Silver AND Gold. When you get to level 100 - Save, Exit, Reload and you will find you can now create/join a game in Silver, Gold and Platinum. Of course, when you get to level 61 or 101 or 141, the lowest level available goes away.

The gotcha - once you jump up a level in MP like this - you have to start from scratch in Sloeford. Using this trick, you can make it all the way to Niobium without ever facing the Nameless Guardians and finishing the game once.

For what it's worth, I really don't see how any character can be deemed slower to level than any other - unless it's a factor of how fast they can kill stuff. As it is now, I can still pretty much 1 shot most regular mobs and with RpH in place, my Dedicated Blow is spammable. Champs are starting to require 2 and sometimes 3 shots to kill. Throw in an Area of Effect CA like Firey Ember or Icy Evanescence, and mobs fall in very short order.

That 3.5 hours - involved normal grinding and questing. There were no high level boss critters in my path. Just the run of the mill human mobs, bears, wolves and the occasional rat and spider. I think I may have come across a werewolf or two on that level.

I also don't have a lot of +XP per kill stuff socketed - maybe one item that gives me about 5.9%.

My point, all else being equal, with each build set up to do the most damage it can, leveling should be about the same regardless of the class.

Wolfie, I was by no means trying to disrespect you or something about the slow leveling... I was simply trying to give a different perspective, since dazedconfused is new to the game. It is always good to have an idea what other people have done when starting a game, so that you can set yourself a standard. Please don't feel the need to compete about levels :) In general, it is good enough to gain a level in 3.5 hours at that stage.

Not trying to compete... Just saying that if something is slow to level - there may be things that can be done to tune that character up so he/she isn't such a slug at leveling. Maybe a different bit of armor, a better weapon, different socketables - whatever. Or maybe it's all in the play style. Using Archimedes Beam - for instance, yeah... that would take forever to get anywhere. The CA takes ~3 seconds to run it's course, and taking down a mob one at a time with that would take a lifetime. On the other hand, Dedicated Blow - it's like BLAM and they're down for the count in 3 milliseconds.

Edited by wolfie2kX

I know that you can switch by reaching lv 100 etc. But thats not good idea since if u stay till that level, your leveling will be slow. A level 100 to plat .. seroiusly, there is no point to stay in gold till 100 since you can grind easily in platinum since level 75 or so. I sometime stay to 60 in silver but to go plat and further I always do campaign. Like with my SW. He can melt everything in niob by level 92 .. even ther guardians who are 40 levles above him. Acxcording to your " multiplayer advantage" I would be still in gold and recieving much much less experience ... Effective leveling usualy requires fast switcihng to higher diffiulties if u have strong charachter snd that requires campaign finishing.

Claudius .. I do Cf but I run till labirynth, there is some runnnig there, but therer are also a lot of mobs on the way. + its less boring if u take longer way. We all know how orc cave good is .. but hell, thats extremly boring - 20 min and I stop it. Another point is that Niob Cf is bugged from freeing Mishirla part quest is bugged and give cocntasnt value 132,908 experience no mmatter what level u are so if u go niob early its advantage. When u free him it gives you reward 2 times so its fast 265k experience, while around level 80-110 you recieve 95-125k per quest.

Edited by Elwin

Elwin in niob I wouldn't come within arms reach of those frickin eyes. Theres like no defense against them except shadow veil and energy shield. I usually like to just grind mobs in the jungle/desert/orcs/skeletons/turtles and just zone out. But I only got to like 140 before it was too long per level.

I agree with you. I wouldnt come on them without TG/SW/seraphim as well. But I play those chars ;p

I even played a shadow warrior but once I've invested 6 days game time I don't take any chances. Well I would but I wanted a 200 smith so I was just taking it easy not even fighting guardians and stuff.

My new project is a single player Ranger in the 1st ADnD tradition: tactics, concentration, dual wield, voodoo focus (wolf pet), nature focus, alchemy, bargain, combat reflexes, constitution, damage lore. I am using NO EXPLOITS. No outside gear/smith etc even no buff suits.