Image Labels for your Sacred Downloads

Thought I'd start off this lil topic on what kind of downloads should have common info for easy recognition on our new Downloads section. Last night I started work on a simple graphic for use as a screenshot image for Patch downloads. It's freely available for everyone to use for their patch uploads. Keep in mind that multiple screenshots can be applied to a single upload/download. The first screenshot upload will be used as the icon beside the title.

patchscreenshot.png IBpatch_download.png

For character downloads I thought it might be a good idea to use the class emblems as the first screenshot like I did for my Luckiest Man Alive build which you can see the icon for when viewing the Downloads Portal page. In addition in regards to characters or item chests a brief explanation of how to "install" the file would be very helpful to readers. The instructions can either be in a txt file included with the save file inside of a zip or just typed in the download description.

Class emblems:

SWdownload.png HE_download.png IN_download.png SE_download.png TG_download.png DR_download.png DM_download.png

Multiple Class Downloads:

S2chars_download.png IBchars_download.png

Item Chests; Fallen Angel - Ice & Blood - CM Patch:

FA_items.png IB_items.png CM_items.png

Tools:

http://www.darkmatters.org/forums/downloads/Download%20Icons/tools-icon.png

tools-icon.png

Anything else that anyone thinks would help maintain a nice structure? I think for the Ice & Blood patches I'll make the icon red...

• Like! 1

There is actually an Ice and Blood Version of the logo if you wanted to use that...:

b4badf05cd14.jpg

Anyway...looks like I might have to change my uploads now to fit your scheme. Guess they will need approving again or should I leave them as is...they do have the sacred 2 logo, just not the same as yours. Where do secondary screenshots we upload showup?

Edit: I think I will change my icons, your version looks heaps better than the one I attached, prepare to reapprove my uploads at some point.

Edit 2: More icons...for items how about the picture is the player chest?

Edited by Dragon Brother

Oh I might give that IB logo version a try. Cheers DB. Added some chests for item uploads. 1 for each of the 3 game versions. Hope you like!

I changed your existing icons for you. Secondary screenshots will show up on the download page itself within the description. you can even change which screenshot is used as the icon. You gotta click on the bottom left corner of the image while in edit mode. Just hover over that corner and you should see some text popup with words to the effect of "click here to make primary screenshot. There really should be a graphic there...

Always happy to re-approve. ^^

• 2 months later...

Updated the first post to include a new icon I made for Sacred 2 tools.

tools-icon.png

http://www.darkmatters.org/forums/downloads/Download%20Icons/tools-icon.png

• 3 weeks later...

Was looking carefully at some of these images today... The multiple class downloads are my favorites I think. They kind of look like those neat temporary tattoos you can buy packaged with a stick of gum.

An idea maybe?

:D

gogo

• 1 month later...

Was looking carefully at some of these images today... The multiple class downloads are my favorites I think. They kind of look like those neat temporary tattoos you can buy packaged with a stick of gum.

An idea maybe?

:D

gogo

Reminds me of the tattoos that came with the collectors/special edition of S2FA I bought...they are still floating around in the box somewhere :D

Also, I was wondering, there is currently only one Sacred/Underworld build in the downloads, but it doesn't have a 'nice' icon like these ones. Perhaps something like this image from the Sacred Character Class page on the wiki?

BM.gif

Edit: Although it appears it needs a touchup...

Good suggestion DB. :) I was trying out a few options but I think just using those character images like you said is the best option. I have some clean cut versions that I'll upload tomorrow so we can spiffy up the Underworld downloads.

• 2 weeks later...