Game of Thrones (Beware, may contain heart-breaking spoilers)

Katran

Saw the teaser for the Battle of the Barstewards! and looks like Jon's cavalry and footmen are taking a beating from Ramsay's archers and pikemen.

• Like! 1

Oh I know. Danny's story has stalled so hard. I can't even watch most of her scenes anymore.

I agree. Though I found the dragon's flight scenes to be beautiful... grown so much... overall the entire feeling of seeing her once again yelling out to the troops came off to me as being boring

:(

gogo

• Like! 1

AWESOME!

Perfect ending for Ramsey.. perfect

:bounce:

gogo

Ramsey is dead? So who saved the day for Jon and Sansa?

So you're asking.......

Now I got to find another villian to hate...

Cersei....Don't hate her yet but I think she's going to go bat poop crazy soon

Euron Greyjoy....guess he could work but needs to be more central to story...just a bit player now

Melisandre...for what she did to Shereen....but she did save Jon

Theon....for sacking Winterfell and killing those boys...but I think he got his punishment...I feel bad for him more than anything else

Night's King....Sure could hate this guy...but part of me blames the Children of the Forest for them...they created them and lost control

So I guess there is no true anti-hero for me...no Joffrey, no Ramsay, heck no Stannis...there are characters I don't like but no one that really really deserves all my hate.

AWESOME!

gogo

Poor Rickon...we hardly knew you

Perfect revenge for Sansa....plus Jon was able to give him a good thumping....win win all around (well not for Rickon but otherwise)

• Like! 1

I thought that final show down between Jon and ramsay would be longer. And poor giant. Wasn't he the last of his kind?

I think he was... loved how they really showed how fervent he was for the cause, and broke my heart after seeing him get to the final gate with all those arrows, only to have one take him out by that dastardly Barsteward's arrow throw his eyeball...

You just can't make Ramses suffer enough

:viking:

gogo

AWESOME!

gogo

Perfect revenge for Sansa....plus Jon was able to give him a good thumping....win win all around (well not for Rickon but otherwise)

And that's probably the reason my 'poor rickon" was more of a cognitive accordance rather than that of a heart felt emotive one.

..we hardly knew him...and in fact, I consider he got off lucky. The way the camera was trailing Ramsay's hand when he popped Rickon out of hiding for that final showdown, and considering how much time he'd had him as captive and what he's done to to others, Rickon had a subjectively quicker death, and at least died trying to get back to his family

:)

gogo

I really wanted the Jon v ramsay fight to happen. I can't belIeve how short it was. It may have eclipsed Jon's revival as worst reveal. I'm confused as to what the writers are doing this year. And now there's only a half season to end the show next year. I can't handle this crap.

AWESOME!

gogo

And that's probably the reason my 'poor rickon" was more of a cognitive accordance rather than that of a heart felt emotive one.

..we hardly knew him...and in fact, I consider he got off lucky. The way the camera was trailing Ramsay's hand when he popped Rickon out of hiding for that final showdown, and considering how much time he'd had him as captive and what he's done to to others, Rickon had a subjectively quicker death, and at least died trying to get back to his family

gogo

Yeah Sansa knew he was a dead man...Rickon was more a threat to Ramsay than Sansa or Jon....he's basically the heir of Winterfell...he outranked both Sansa (girl) and Jon (Barsteward) in the line of succession. Of course Bran outranks Rickon but everyone thinks he's dead. Sansa knew Ramsay would never let him go.

It's been pretty cool (and a bit sad) to see both Sansa and Arya's transformation from young innocent girls to the cold heartless women they have been forced to become. Sansa is learning the Great Game and how to manipulate people...a far cry from the girl who fanatized about Joffrey being her king and husband. And Arya went from a tomboy to assassin

• Like! 1

Lol I've gotten hit by it quite a few times. I forget what form I'm on sometimes.

As for why the feel is different I believe MARTIN is not collaborating this season. He's working on book six himself so they have completely gone their own ways at the moment. The writers are alone in writing the episodes this year and so they seem to be floundering a little on their own.

As for season eight they are speculating that there will be one but only seven is guaranteed right now from what I read. And since they're already working on the prequel series season eight us even less likely.

lol, holy hannah... im gonna have to find that program one day and see the list of words... :lol:

And... here's something to chew on... u guys think Sansa masterminded this whole "trap" to catch Ramsey with Jon as bait?

She'd already written off Rickon, as she shows when she walks away and states flatly that Ramsey is gonna die next day... I'm thinking she's filled with rage, will do anything to Ramsey

In fact, who wouldn't?

:o

gogo

If she had the foresight to tell Jon that whatever ramsay does it's all to manipulate you to get you where he wants you, then she's bright enough to have been able to use his ignorance as a trap for ramsay. One point though she sent the letter to little finger before all this. So the timing may just have been coincidence. It's a good theory though. She's really evolving as a player on the chess board now. I'm still wondering if she's pregnant. If she accepts little fingers marriage proposal and consummates quick enough she night be and to hide the baby's true father. At this point I think she's capable of it.

• Like! 1

The thought of Littlefinger and Sansa marrying made me throw up a little in my mouth.....ok more than a little...that thought is just sooo repugnant to me.......

Let's list her marriages shall we :P

Joffrey....was only betrothed but he ended being a monster and abused her

Tyrion....who everyone thinks is a monster, but the only one to ever treat her kindly

(btw she was promised to Loras in between Joffrey and Tyrion and she was all a flutter about that, but....just not seeing that marriage ever getting consumated if it had happened)

Ramsay....the ultimate sadistic Barsteward....easily the worst of the bunch and that's saying something since Joffrey is part of this list....cannot imagine the trauma, both mental and physical that that has caused and is still causing her.

So her marrying Littlefinger sickens me because....

1) He's old enough to be her father

2) Helped cause her father's downfall/death

3) Lusted after her mother

4) Lying, backstabing, conniving, scheming little man

5) He may not have invented the Great Game but he's a master at it....no way Sansa can compete with that

6) Convinced her to marry Ramsay. Though I truly believe he had no idea what Ramsay was....but he should have known....seems to know about everything else

7) Killed her aunt though strangely don't really hold that against him much

Now if she hints at marriage to get him to do something, then that would be cool....I can see Littlefinger thinking "If I can't have Cat then I'll have the next best thing...her daughter". And Sansa plays off that and beats him at his own game. Think he is too methodical otherwise...but love/lust does strange things to people and has them do things they would never consider.

Was looking for someone new to hate after Ramsay died.....now after writing this I think I know who to root against :D

• Like! 1

You're right... till you listed them all, I'd forgotten how many marriages poor Sansa has had to endure. :(

If she had the foresight to tell Jon that whatever ramsay does it's all to manipulate you to get you where he wants you, then she's bright enough to have been able to use his ignorance as a trap for ramsay. One point though she sent the letter to little finger before all this. So the timing may just have been coincidence. It's a good theory though. She's really evolving as a player on the chess board now. I'm still wondering if she's pregnant. If she accepts little fingers marriage proposal and consummates quick enough she night be and to hide the baby's true father. At this point I think she's capable of it.

I was wondering about her pregnancy as well! She hates Ramsay so much though... and those words, that his entire line will be forgotten... I'm not sure if she's pregnant she'll be happy about it... and is that what Ramsey actually meant? How does he know for sure she's pregnant... a guess, something to spook her with?

gogo

Noone is better at the game than Baelish...and in fact, there are moments when he puts Ramsey to shame.. nice list u put up there Knuckles on why Baelish is bad...but this monologue I just dug up is, I believe, one of the single most frightening, gruesome and violent scenes in all of Game of Thrones I seen...

chilled me then, and still does now...

Baelish is scary

:oooo:

gogo

Yeah I wonder sometimes what his end game is....can't just be power...Perhaps the true protagonist is Varys and the antagonist is Littlefinger...and everyone else are just players in their chess match

Wonder sometimes if it's his revenge...kind of the 'little man' syndrome.....he can't compete physically with anyone...he'll never be in a joust or contest of arms.....his house is too minor to ever be an important player....Heck even his nickname is a jape on his house/manliness

I can't see Sansa wanting to marry Robyn after the time she spent with him in the Vale. Don't think she cares for him much. But he is a weak person...Sansa could play on that and be the true ruler of the North and the Vale....would be a formidable power base. So I could see her doing that to increase her power, plus she would be in charge not Robyn and sure that has a lot of appeal for her.

As you said Flix...I don't think Littlefinger will be able to control Sansa at all.....so to me he stands to lose both the North and the Vale if they marry....Sansa is super mad at Petyr and doubt she would agree to anything that hurts her position.

Maybe Petyr betraying Ned was a way to get back at Ned's brother for embarrasing him and giving him a scar as a token when he thought to fight for Cat. Or killing Ned was a way for him to try and win Cat. Though she never saw him as anything other than a brother.