Ruthless Mutilation

Uhhh, unexpected new features have appeared in my inquisitor.

Running a clustering malestrom/ruthless mutilation combo

First time I fired off a combo at level four, when there were three kobolds on the screen, I saw nine (no kidding) green XP numbers roll off.

And it wasn't just double numbers, I rec'd the XP.

Okay, weird, and played it further. Happened sometimes, sometimes not at all.

I am using a mage staff to do so (an upcoming build to be posted BTW), and couldn't figure out why I had kobolds running to me on fire after about ten seconds.

Couldn't figure out why I was seeing too many items just laying on the ground. Sure kobolds and zombies duke it out, but I been playing this game solid for six months or more. Way too much stuff laying around.

My best guess (and I am pretty sure I am right) is that when I ruthless mutilate within a half circle in front of me, the combat range of that half circle is extending past my screen, past at least another screen, and onto a third. I am sure it extends past at least one mock screen.

It may have to do with the range of a mage staff, maybe not, I can't tell yet.

Will test with a pole arm in a few.

I wanna earn my XP, so when I get a level I know I ground it out, and it's starting to bug (pun intended) me. :(

Has worked with all mage staffs so far, one handed and two handers.

Anybody seen this?

Yes, we have several topics on this. It started with Ice&blood, when they added the ranged effect of the Magic staff skill. And weapon based attack that has a multi -hit capability will hit at a great increased range than normal weapons. It's an bug that created exploit of sorts.

Inquisitor = Ruthless

Seraphim = Pelting

Dryad = Darting assualt

Yes, we have several topics on this. It started with Ice&blood, when they added the ranged effect of the Magic staff skill. And weapon based attack that has a multi -hit capability will hit at a great increased range than normal weapons. It's an bug that created exploit of sorts.

Inquisitor = Ruthless

Seraphim = Pelting

Dryad = Darting assualt

Oh alrighty then.

Cause I know FR reaches too far and pelting strikes as well, but it barely reaches the end of the screen.

Saw it first in the dual wield leeching on the dryad build, but I thought it just similar to the other reach when reading it there.

This reaches to range of staff then. Good golly loco.

I had a really good build with a mage staff on inquisitor I took to Niobium, and wanted to work it on I & B. Now feels like I'm cheating to play it. :sick:

Edit: Just put leech onto my RM.

I won't play the build. It's cheating.

I am officially bummed.

Well...

Back to the old drawing board

Edited by JKtheWonderguy

Discussion if 'certain' staff lore builds in Ice and Blood would be cheating:

http://darkmatters.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=14317

Discussion of a massive Area of Effect dryad using staff lore in Ice and Blood

http://darkmatters.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=14581

Thanx for the references bro.

I been wanting to play sacred 2 for so long. Got the game when it first came out, but my puter was too weak.

I played it anyway, it crashing every fifteen minutes. Drove me nuts, but I loved it that much.

After two months of it, put it down.

Then got a 950 I7 3.07 GHz with a GT460 in November. Yay!

Picked sacred 2 up again, and haven't played any games other than Sacred 2 since December.

Just got I & B April 1st.

Point is, the threads I read on that kinda stuff and that I can find are a year old (like the ones you linked up)

Old stuff to y'all is brand new to me if I don't search it right on the board. Ugh.

Way I feel about lots of stuff, including games is:

If I earn it, it belongs to me, and I want it

If I don't earn it, it belongs to someone else, and I don't want it

Xtra XP isn't mine, and I don't want it.