Dryad cannot use Khral's Sceptre?

ok so I made a ranged dryad using a blank level 200 toon

had ranged weapons mastery and wanted to test it with khral's sceptre

and guess wot? the dryad cant equip khral's sceptre wot a disaster!

for some reason the dryad cant use the best ranged weapon in game(well thats my opinion)

anyone else had this problem?

yeah, the Dryad cannot use energy pistols, either! Being a tree-hugger, "technology" would be shunned by the Dryad.

There are a few "wierd" class-restrictions with the weapons, moslty for balancing purposes, IMHO.

ok so I made a ranged dryad using a blank level 200 toon

had ranged weapons mastery and wanted to test it with khral's sceptre

and guess wot? the dryad cant equip khral's sceptre wot a disaster!

for some reason the dryad cant use the best ranged weapon in game(well thats my opinion)

anyone else had this problem?

Might not be fair to call it a "problem"... The dryad can't do 2 handed staff weapons. Neither can the Temple Guardian (for rather obvious reasons). It's just the way the game works.

It is kinda odd. But then, the inquisitor...why would he not be able to carry a shield...?

That one's rather easy actually...

One of his CAs - specifically the Purifying Chastisement buff, only works if his hitpoints get below a threshold. If the Inquisitor had too much (and/or too much good) armor, this wouldn't work out too well.

It is kinda odd. But then, the inquisitor...why would he not be able to carry a shield...?

That one's rather easy actually...

One of his CAs - specifically the Purifying Chastisement buff, only works if his hitpoints get below a threshold. If the Inquisitor had too much (and/or too much good) armor, this wouldn't work out too well.

Nah, you can still lower your health with a shield equipped. Its just an arbitrary decision they made to create differences between the classes. But at least the temple guardians limitations make sense, he only has the one arm for wielding stuff.

All of the weapon choices that the classes are allowed are thematically driven. There's no coding reason why a Dryad couldn't use energy weapons, it just doesn't fit with the tree-hugging-lover-of-nature-hater-of-technology image if she can use energy weapons (or anything metal TBH, but lets ignore that). Ditto with the SW being the only one that can use the big two-handed axes/hammers, all of the other classes are puny weaklings that can't even lift them let alone stick them into the opponent's nice bits.

All of the weapon choices that the classes are allowed are thematically driven. There's no coding reason why a Dryad couldn't use energy weapons, it just doesn't fit with the tree-hugging-lover-of-nature-hater-of-technology image if she can use energy weapons (or anything metal TBH, but lets ignore that). Ditto with the SW being the only one that can use the big two-handed axes/hammers, all of the other classes are puny weaklings that can't even lift them let alone stick them into the opponent's nice bits.

Ironically, all of those puny weaklings have NO problem picking them up from the ground and sticking them in their inventory. Let alone, schlepping all over the place with them in their bags. Go figger...

I always took it that the Inquisitor cannot use shields because he wouldn't want to. As he can take dual wield as a first pick skill, I think, he sacrifices defence in order to do as much damage as he can. I viewed it more as a roleplaying decision made by the programmers.

I always took it that the Inquisitor cannot use shields because he wouldn't want to. As he can take dual wield as a first pick skill, I think, he sacrifices defence in order to do as much damage as he can. I viewed it more as a roleplaying decision made by the programmers.

That is pretty much what I was thinking about Inquisitor/Shields... the inquisition has 'god' on their side, so they don't need to fiddle around protecting themselves, just concentrate on punishing 'heretics'.

yeah does make sense that the dyrad cant use tech,it

just would of been cool if you use darting assault with rotate mod

and khral's sceptre,I supose limiting the weapons etc for each toon makes

it more interesting

Hi wraithking

was doing some thinking about how, as Llama says, the weapons available per class are thematically driven. The weps so far she's using, blowpipe, bow.... all not really loud, or techy, while Khral's is tech, maybe even gas driven while belching clouds of oily vapor into the air as it fires.

Definitely not a very "green" weapon

:D

gogo

• 5 months later...

Kind of remineds me of that one scene in Conan the destroyer where Conan, while drunk, one hands that big arsed sword off to the princess chik that cannot even lift the damn thing even with both hands/arms. Kind of makes sence that the SW is the only char that can actually use the largest nastiest melee weapons in the game. as for other things it's a crap shoot.

Heya, FreelancerMar! Welcome!

You piqued one important observation that I had a while back but I forgot to post. While most of the class restrictions can be made sense of (ie 2H hafted only for Shadow Warrior, bowgun only for Dryad, no tech for Dryad, no Dual Wielding for High Elf, etc, etc) there is one that makes totally no sense whatsoever:

A Dryad cannot use a thowing knife.

Laser beams I understand but chucking a knife? At least the shurikens spawn with "the god mod" 'cause it would've been a real kick in the family jewels if the throwing knives had them not the ninja stars.

Enough rant for one post. :D

@essjehm

you do have a point there. A throwing knofe is something that nobody in the game should be disallowed to use if they possess the proper skill to use it. Ranged weapons covers thrown weapons ifn I am not mistaken. It really does not make any kind of sense at all to dis-allow the dryad from using throwing knives. However since they have the Blow-Gun, would they really need the Throwing Knife:)

Heya, FreelancerMar! Welcome!

You piqued one important observation that I had a while back but I forgot to post. While most of the class restrictions can be made sense of (ie 2H hafted only for Shadow Warrior, bowgun only for Dryad, no tech for Dryad, no Dual Wielding for High Elf, etc, etc) there is one that makes totally no sense whatsoever:

A Dryad cannot use a thowing knife.

Laser beams I understand but chucking a knife? At least the shurikens spawn with "the god mod" 'cause it would've been a real kick in the family jewels if the throwing knives had them not the ninja stars.

Enough rant for one post. :D

Never thought about that one...or noticed it to be honest, I never tried to make any toon that used throwing knives...