I guess survival bonus on attributes raised when leveling be affected by time

I guess survival bonus on "attributes raised when leveling" be affected by time elapsed.

If my guess would have been correct, it would mean if I grind much more time on combat engaging before I achieve next level, I would accumulate much more survival bonuses at the leveling moment, than the case that I level very fast on an efficiency of almost several seconds a large group of mobs and one minutes 20+ groups including champs so then levelup.

Does it suggest us not to chase after fast leveling but instead, play more time with enemies before sending them into oblivion, in order to receive more survival bonuses at each levelup thus accumulate considerable amount of more benefits.

My guess is from, following would be in details, I myself like a thing in games that's "Joy of Self-Frightening At The Brink of Fate Goddess Almost Grasped Your Heels". To have a crisply 1 hitpoint at just succeeded in getting out of the reach by some things was trying to kill you, is extremely stimulating, and having several hp or even 2 digits amount of hp at the outer annulus of the Collapsar of Aralu entrance, would be sufficient to bring this kind of stimulating. (Btw plz DO NOT risk your life in real life just for this kind of stimulating! :sweating:)

Sacred 2's Hardcore, especially which at higher difficulty caters me well with the need of that kind of joy, and especially because I could obtain serendipitous rewards for taking risk of letting my character gone forever.

But things have two-sides, gaming doesn't mean tediously wasting of time, which is precious to everyone, if one needs to start over sth, the repeating would be tedious. I saw Grubby and Moon's splendid micro-operation in Warcraft3 but no splendid could reach glory of "Crisply Zero Casualties", the same thing Sacred 2 hardcore character could die no matter how nimble or astute one's arpg micro-operation would be, not to say my awful micro-operation or improper ambition of having lots of beautiful "almost ... then still ...". So my hardly cultivated seraphim had died when I was getting around 3 champs each can punch me nearly 1/6 of my health pool with each successful hit and for keeping hp low I restricted potion drinking, after so many stimulating anecdotes made by me my seraphim died.

You could imagine in order to build another seraphim to reach the same level how impatient I had been, everything had been no fresh to me any longer so I acted like a berserker in order to reach the same stage earlier, then I found when I reached about level 14 all six attrbutes was equal to 1 minus that of my previous perished seraphim.

Thus, does it suggest if I level slowly I would receive about 1 additional point each attribute every 10 levels, at higher level this tiny benefit would be nice. And the benefit can be enlarged by more slowly, extremely benefit by extremely slowly?

Survival bonus is a bit more complicated than that. There's an article on SacredWiki.org that covers the topic rather well. It also includes the formula for determining what your survival bonus should be.

In short, it's the amount of time you've been alive since your last resurrection divided by the amount of time since your last resurrection + 6.

SB = T/(T+6) - where T is the time you've been alive.

It makes it so it's very difficult to ever achieve 100%. To get 99.9%, you have to be in combat for something like 594 hours.

Of course, for hardcore players, T in the formula above means "Time since character creation" as once you're dead in HC, you're dead.

Note: There are some items that have a modifier that's called "Faster increase of Survival Bonus" - which is utterly and completely wrong. All this does is add X% Survival bonus to your character's survival bonus. It doesn't change the above forumla, nor it's outcome once the item has been removed. The CM Patch (after version 0120) changes the title to Survival Bonus +x%...

There IS one good point to this. Survival Bonus does have an effect on your attributes - 1/3rd of your total SB is applied to a bonus to all 6 of your attributes - so it's always best to NOT die and have it lost or reset in the case of a softcore game.

Edited by wolfie2kX

Survival bonus is a bit more complicated than that. There's an article on SacredWiki.org that covers the topic rather well. It also includes the formula for determining what your survival bonus should be.

In short, it's the amount of time you've been alive since your last resurrection divided by the amount of time since your last resurrection + 6.

SB = T/(T+6) - where T is the time you've been alive.

It makes it so it's very difficult to ever achieve 100%. To get 99.9%, you have to be in combat for something like 594 hours.

Of course, for hardcore players, T in the formula above means "Time since character creation" as once you're dead in HC, you're dead.

Note: There are some items that have a modifier that's called "Faster increase of Survival Bonus" - which is utterly and completely wrong. All this does is add X% Survival bonus to your character's survival bonus. It doesn't change the above forumla, nor it's outcome once the item has been removed. The CM Patch (after version 0120) changes the title to Survival Bonus +x%...

There IS one good point to this. Survival Bonus does have an effect on your attributes - 1/3rd of your total SB is applied to a bonus to all 6 of your attributes - so it's always best to NOT die and have it lost or reset in the case of a softcore game.

Thanks a ton to your deliberate reply! Really complex. :oooo:

I was thinking to keep engaged in combat but do not kill (thus do not raise experience points), just shoot or bash in an optimal frequency in order to keep engaged and simultaneously restrict experience points' raising, and then to accumulate a lot of additional attribute points for the next levelup and consequent levelups.

But this maybe a silly idea because the thing is not like what I thought, sth like infinite accumulation.

Sigh, speaking to me it's hardly to research further because once English sentences tend to be complex, I would be mad by parsing them one by one. :yawn:

Thanks a ton to your deliberate reply! Really complex. :oooo:

I was thinking to keep engaged in combat but do not kill (thus do not raise experience points), just shoot or bash in an optimal frequency in order to keep engaged and simultaneously restrict experience points' raising, and then to accumulate a lot of additional attribute points for the next levelup and consequent levelups.

But this maybe a silly idea because the thing is not like what I thought, sth like infinite accumulation.

Sigh, speaking to me it's hardly to research further because once English sentences tend to be complex, I would be mad by parsing them one by one. :yawn:

You're welcome...

Hmm.. I'm not sure what the point is to do combat and only thrash your enemies within a proverbial inch of their virtual lives. I suppose I can understand there may be a moral issue or two, but really. They are not real people nor real monsters. And if you don't actually kill them, then you can't level up as levels are based on experience points. And at some points of the game, it becomes pretty much impossible as one hit generally means instant death to your opponents.

You can also try the Bing translator as well. It's built into Internet Explorer 8 and beyond and should do a decent enough job converting into other languages - and have it make sense in your native language.

I have read of players putting their character near a single kobold and simply leaving the game running overnight to increase their SB. I have never tried it myself. Even if my damage mitigation/hp regen was high enough, I would be too worried something bigger would come along.

I have read of players putting their character near a single kobold and simply leaving the game running overnight to increase their SB. I have never tried it myself. Even if my damage mitigation/hp regen was high enough, I would be too worried something bigger would come along.

I always used a wolf from the Sloeford area for SB-training. From the Ressurection Monolith, find a wolf and get it to follow you back to the monolith... this should ensure that no extraneous baddies find you. I'll always watch it for 10-15 mins, to ensure that my HP-regen is good enough to offset the damage, and that no others join in the fray...

Then I go zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz. Only once did I forget to remove my reflect :(

wolfie2kX thanks to your advice! :)

lujate, essjayehm thanks to your hints! so it's beneficial to play with enemies rather than sending them into oblivion as soon as one can :drinks:

But if Sacred 2 could have first person camera, I would much more glad to play with enemies because I could then savor their looking in details. In order to be beneficial I would need to tediously consume my time or my laptop's lifetime I would probably abandon that idea.

If Sacred 2 could have first person camera I would like it as much as The Elder Scrolls IV Oblivion :whistle:

Edited by talveolus