Drop rate for Megalcarwen's Garments of Mutation (Seraphim)

Now I started a new Seraphim build with so far has worked great. But I'm playing with the CM 0120 patch. And again it is great fun. Really gives new live to the game.

But here is my issue. The Seraphim set "Megalcarwen's Garments of Mutation". Not a single piece has dropped to far. I am now level 67 playing at Silver. And I have about 52% change to find valuables. And it works to. I have completely collected all the other armor sets several times. But not a single item from the Mutation set.

So what is the drop rate and is there an entry level for the armor to drop?

Hi Magni

I'm not sure what the exact drop rate is, but all the new CM Patch sets are very very rare^^ I think the last patch update helped make them drop a little easier... can anyone confirm?

:)

gogo

Hi Magni

I'm not sure what the exact drop rate is, but all the new CM Patch sets are very very rare^^ I think the last patch update helped make them drop a little easier... can anyone confirm?

:)

gogo

And they should be rare. After all they are very powerful. I just think that since I am getting Unique items all the time and have collected 3x Niokaste's Blade Dance, 5x Revelation of the Seraphim, 4x Endijian's Artifacts, 3x Virtues of the Seraphim and 2x Sopor Aethernis (complete sets). I would have thought that at least 1 piece would have come up. If you cannot collect the set in one complete run through from Bronze to Nubium. There isn't really much point it going for it or making a Character build based on the Mutation set.

And keep in mind, I have been farming a lot with high level mobs and I always time my boss attack to match every 5th or 20th. level because many items drop at those Character level intervals.

I can't remember if they could only be found on t-energy bosses or not...that may be it.

Edit: They can drop from quests and from bosses, but are not in all of the drop lists. So which bosses...I don't know. Apparently players from the russian forum got them to drop completing the Ancient Secrets quest.

I've read about that theory. That only T-Energy creatures can drop the Mutation sets. The problem is that there is only 1 T boss (and his two champion guards) and other then that the T-Energy fields which lead to that boss. And that field has no champions.

Also. If someone could tell me. The quest; Ancient Secrets. After you get the books from Toron in that little village Bluestonbury. Is there anything more to that quest?

If T-Energy mobs are really the only one that can drop the Mutation sets. I do not think that they are really worth going for. Farming T's would take weeks on non stop playing (do to the lack of champions). Of course there are those big Scarabs in the desert but they never drop anything good.

I can't remember if they could only be found on t-energy bosses or not...that may be it.

Edit: They can drop from quests and from bosses, but are not in all of the drop lists. So which bosses...I don't know. Apparently players from the russian forum got them to drop completing the Ancient Secrets quest.

I've read about that theory. That only T-Energy creatures can drop the Mutation sets. The problem is that there is only 1 T boss (and his two champion guards) and other then that the T-Energy fields which lead to that boss. And that field has no champions.

Also. If someone could tell me. The quest; Ancient Secrets. After you get the books from Toron in that little village Bluestonbury. Is there anything more to that quest?

If T-Energy mobs are really the only one that can drop the Mutation sets. I do not think that they are really worth going for. Farming T's would take weeks on non stop playing (do to the lack of champions). Of course there are those big Scarabs in the desert but they never drop anything good.

I'm not sure what part of the quest is what, but I think the best bet was the 4 bosses together. Although I suppose thats the same as just whacking the guardians...

I'm not sure what part of the quest is what, but I think the best bet was the 4 bosses together. Although I suppose that's the same as just whacking the guardians...

The reason I'm asking about the rest of the Ancient Secrets quest is, that on another topic someone writes that after killing the guardians and getting the books, there should be more. I think the words where "I let you discover the rest on your own".

Sounds like there is more. But I have run around looking for blue question marks (as I do play all the quests I can find). But there is nothing.

• 2 months later...

Mutations sets are not rare, they are not very rare, they are extremely rare!

They are also extremely powerful because of their >30 sockets :paladin:

The "Ancient Secret" quest is only one small job to get those 4 books - a fifth one can be found elsewhere. They will tell an interesting story from Ancaria's past, but by now they are not ready.

Someday one of the coming patches will deliver that story.

CU Marcus

The "Ancient Secret" quest is only one small job to get those 4 books - a fifth one can be found elsewhere. They will tell an interesting story from Ancaria's past, but by now they are not ready.

Someday one of the coming patches will deliver that story.

CU Marcus

Nice to know that you guys have a few secrets tucked up your sleeves for us to look forwards too :)

No idea on rarity or what mobs/bosses drop them, but after 2-3 weeks farming with a modified balance file (made specifically for farming sets), I have NEVER seen any of the mutation sets (is what was using when I found drop bug for the SW and HE sets).

I do have a few chests stashed that I got from somewhere on the inter-webs that has complete mutation sets for all classes in various level ranges. I can put together a selection and put um up for DL if folks are really that interested in them.

Edited by DMCain
  • 4 weeks later...

No idea on rarity or what mobs/bosses drop them, but after 2-3 weeks farming with a modified balance file (made specifically for farming sets), I have NEVER seen any of the mutation sets (is what was using when I found drop bug for the SW and HE sets).

I do have a few chests stashed that I got from somewhere on the inter-webs that has complete mutation sets for all classes in various level ranges. I can put together a selection and put um up for DL if folks are really that interested in them.

Will have to recheck the droplists once more and maybe put them in all of them, after all. :/

This would mean all 3 of the droplists I put them in are not called at all.

Edited by czevak
  • 1 year later...

Although it has been over a year, I have good news...

The mutation sets didn't drop at all in my game as well. Until recently.
For testing, I added Megalcarwen's to the lists, that would, hopefully, ensure a droprate equal to that of the regular sets, and although it didn't work at first, it does now...

In the course of this weekend, I'll be adding the sets of the other classes as well. As soon as the file is ready, I'll upload it in the "Download"-section.