Anyone try Drakensang Online?

Gameplay videos look good. It is a browser game, so no long download. Anyone have thoughts?

It's a pretty good game. The graphics are amazing for a browser game especially at fullscreen.

It's fun playing with others too, though you can play solo.

It seems to have very little with the original Drakensang games, which could be a good or bad thing depending if you have played those two games before.

As you mentioned it is a very small download being a browser game so it's worth checking out. ;)

I try to play when I can but I currently have so many games on my "to play list" that it's hard to find the time. :P

edit:

I just went and played it again. I forgot just how much fun it is, pure hack n slash. :D

It's a much better game than when it was in closed beta. And I found very little lag which is unusual for me. The only problem I had was everyone was talking in German. I guess that's because the Drakensang games were developed in Germany and have a huge following over there whereas they have had limited success in the West (real shame as they are good games).

Edited by stubbie

Great graphics on a browser game? Now I'm intrigued. Is there a good trailer/video anywhere? And it's really free? How do they get money to run the servers with?

:)

gogo

p.s. Man, Stubbie, there's just no new game you don't know about... love it

I had a try of Drakensang this morning and as a browser game I would say that it is excellent, although it may be a bit on the basic side at the moment. I look forward to seeing how it develops, since I think that there is a lot of potential there.

Edited by podgie_bear

Comes with not having a life gogo :D

That video you linked to gogo is for the first Drakensang game; The Dark Eye. That is pure single player as is the next in the series Drakensang; River of Time.

We are talking about Drakensang Online.

Here is a short video. Make sure you play it at HD 720p and fullscreen because that gives you a good idea what the game actually looks like when you play it......and that's pretty darn good for a browser game!

Comes with not having a life gogo :D

You've got life with us, and we love you for it! :hugs:

and that's pretty darn good for a browser game!

It is beautiful... this bears investigation...I didn't know it was possible to hvae browser games running at this level of detail.

Actually astonishing, pretty different from our old days of Ogame!

Is there clans allowed?

gogo

Is there clans allowed?

If you mean guilds then no. That isnt implemented.

But you can party up others though I dont know the maximum numbers you can have in your party.

Another short gameplay video. Note that the auto map in this video is in the middle of the screen.

It can be removed just like it was in Diablo.

Anyone wondering where I was for 4 hours last night before I dropped to bed?

*raises hand*

Guilty as charged

I cannot belive this is a browwser game! Eerr... I wonder if this can run from work... :devil:

Stubbie are you on European servers? I think Schot was playing my account last night I made too... maybe all of us can hook up tonight? What level are your toons

gogo

Played it for a few minutes earlier. Graphic is quite good but I find it a bit boring to play because of the jerk-like movement of my character. It could be because too many people are playing or my internet speed is not that fast. Anyway I'll give it another tomorrow.

Level 8 Dragonknight now. Gave it a 2nd chance and am enjoying it now. Some of the bosses are quite strong so it's hack and slash, run while regenerating then repeat.

Anyone playing right now? Also... lol for the life of me I can't figger out how to trigger party actions

halp!

:Just_Cuz_21:

gogo

Depending what you mean by party actions gogo? :unsure:

If you mean invite to join a party then in the Chat Window Type: /invite playername

• 2 months later...