USB Flash Drives - got one?

I was bumming Schot's a few times to get stuff printed down at the print store (hate printing from home, ink keeps drying out o_O) and finally had to get my own cuz I couldn't find where he had hid his anymore... :Just_Cuz_21:

Got one, I know it was a bit pricey, like 4 gigs for 15 bux...but I'm not addicted to carrying data around with me on this little stick, and have just been looking all day for a nice shop treat and found this!

64 gigs for 67 bux... about a dollar a gig, on a flash drive... looking good!

http://www.staples.c...&catIds=66%2C71

ca343171_1_enl.jpg

:dance:

gogo

p.s. Knuckles says I can hide ANYTHING in these little things :devil:

Something to put on a keyring, like this:

74f8baa227fd15f0ff23024371515697.jpg

Intalled a full linux with office and an emergency tool collection to use the linux to repair windows. Got 6 of them. If daughters visit their grandparents, uncles, aunts, friends, ... they can boot with the stick and have all their homework and email with them. Also no virus got from the host computer or any virus brought to a host computer. Since we still do analog photos there is no big need for photo transport for printing.

I've got 2 flashdrives, an old 128mb that I got for a christmas present a long time ago, and an 8gig, that I got 2years ago... Also don't use them too much... The sizes dubbles so fast anyway, one of these days the norm will be to walk around with a 1tb flash...

Delta!

Between work and home I probably got 10 of them.....several have proprietary programs, that customers need to use occasionally. So I can do the programming without having to install the source code on their machines. Great way to protect all our hard work and just run the exe files. I have several 'hardware' keys used to unlock features in radios that cost us several thousand dollars. If I was to lose control of them we would take a serious hit to our profits.

I like the key chain ones as the important 2 I have are with my truck keys...so no way I accidentally leave without them. They're just so much easier to cart around and manage than cd's/dvd's

I've been using them for years. Couldn't go a week w/out it!

I use Microsoft Synctoy 2.1 to keep the files current between my thumb and my pc. I keep one designated folder inside of "my documents" to manage the files I want on my thumbdrive. When I run Synctoy, it does just what you'd think, copies changes from each place to the other; you can make choices of which version to keep if you inadvertantly have changes in both. The best thing about this setup is that my thumbdrive can die and it won't damage me too badly (at most I lose a few days since my last sync).

My current drive of preference is the Lexar "Twist Turn". I like its built in cover which protects it from the various jumble in my pocket (coins, car keys, swiss army knife, etc). twistTurn_4GB_lrg.jpg

They sure are handy, but atm aren't really needed in any of my interests. My phone has several gigs of space, both natively and mem card. Though I've been stalking sales for some sturdy 8 or 16gigs. Would do nicely for having OS-installs and such.

I got a couple of them. Mostly, I use one 4 GB stick. A SanDisk Cruiser. It's sort of a switchblade kind of thing where the USB port extends and retracts from inside of the unit's body. No spring action though.

Keep work files and the like on there and it's quite useful. And as someone said, it's a LOT easier than schlepping around CDs.

Not having an internet connection at home, of course I have to use one of these.

I bought a 32 gig a few months back... just before the bottom fell out of the price :(

Paid ~50 Canadian dollars for it... and now the new ones (64, as the OP) are the same price.

I :heart: Technology.. with a :mafia:

Paid ~50 Canadian dollars for it... and now the new ones (64, as the OP) are the same price.

I check the prices every year in the pre-Christmas sales and am always amazed because it seems each year I can get double the size for the same price as the year before.

wow, guys, this topic's such a great read for me! I was wondering if I was the only one that was gettiing so much delight from the simple elegance of the drive, but I can see I'm not^^ Staples has that amazing price for the 64 gig, I think I'll try to hunt something up close to level then. My little 4 gig one, lol, too small for HD videos...must...up grade!

I don't have a smart phone yet, but, as Juha notes, phones seem to do a good job with carrying around our data. I'm curious, is this as convenient as the flash, or probaby not becuase we have to have the usb attachment for the phone...meaning to carry it around?

As some of your pix point out ... yes, the usb flash drive... the NEW swiss army knife

:)

gogo