The robots are coming!

gogoblender

Apparently Amazon has run out of warehouse space, and so is looking for ways to make their warehouse space run more efficiently.

The video fascinates me!

:)

gogo

I know a farmer with a self driving GPS controlled tractor. It has data of the fields and could theoretical drive allone. But laws demand a driver for emergency reasons and so the farmer has a notebook and a printer in the cabin of the tractor to do some bureau work while the tractor drives on its own....

Nice little thingie. :D

I know there are some robo-vacuum cleaners around. Theoretically would be nice, though costs a lot more than a conventional one.

And funny side note, the name of that robot is same as nice in Finnish. :P

Man, that video for the first made me realize how close we are to those old-school future worlds with automatic work... they are saying that there is almost zero injuries, mistakes are rare, they don't have to use lighting or heating even...no blood to keep warm!

:lol:

gogo

p.s. Chattius, I'm glad for those laws, specially for outdoor heavy gear like that...a combine on the run...it's been done in a few horror movies :oooo:

Storm, I have seen those robots on sale...we wants!

Nothing that couldn't be solved with LEGO. The school of our 2 oldest daughters uses LEGO Mindstorms for building and programming 'robots'. A university did a warehouse project using LEGO, video starts with buying the LEGO kits, first tries and the final stuff starts around 5:35 minutes.

But I still think our own Mindstorms kits from LEGO (first stuff which I actually bought on ebay second hand) are better used to build something really useful. like a clock: