New gaming rig

Epox

This is probably not the response you're looking for but...

Ever considered building your own pc? I found that building it myself with exact same parts can save a lot of money and that extra can go towards more upgrades.

But from what I could read it looks like a decent machine...have no idea what currency that is so I can't convert over to US dollars. I would agree on getting an i5. i7's cost too much for the minimal performance boost and 8 gig RAM is plenty.

I'm not a hardware expert my any means but I would consider getting a 1000W power supply. The less load on it the longer life you should get and if you upgrade say your gfx card you won't have to upgrade that also

This is probably not the response you're looking for but...

Ever considered building your own pc? I found that building it myself with exact same parts can save a lot of money and that extra can go towards more upgrades.

But from what I could read it looks like a decent machine...have no idea what currency that is so I can't convert over to US dollars. I would agree on getting an i5. i7's cost too much for the minimal performance boost and 8 gig RAM is plenty.

I'm not a hardware expert my any means but I would consider getting a 1000W power supply. The less load on it the longer life you should get and if you upgrade say your gfx card you won't have to upgrade that also

I'd add my vote to building your own, its really easy these days, I built my dads last year and saved a bit of money on it, which could go towards a better video card or something.

Its hard to suggest something without knowing pricing for your country and whether or not things are as cost effective there. You might be better off asking on a tech forum frequented by users from denmark (guessing by .dk) for suggestions, they would be able to help out with local knowledge.

Also, PSU, more than you need is good yes, but not too much, if a PSU is using much less than its max output some can actually be more expensive electricity wise than a less powerful one that you utilise 80% of the max power. And to be honest...no point paying for what you don't need, cards these days can be fairly energy efficient, AMD in particular, nvidia seems to use more power but be better so its a bit of a trade off.

I had a little difficulty translating some of the info on that website, but from what I could make out, most of the components looked good for the games you wish to play. If I read correctly, the graphics card is a 560, you'd be better off with the 560 ti, but it depends on your budget. Unless you plan on upgrading later down the road, a 600watt power supply will be sufficient for what you're running. No offense meant to the previous poster, but 1000 watt might be a little excessive.

I'm currently running two ati 6870 graphics cards in crossfire mode and have a Corsair 750 watt Silver certified psu and it's more than sufficient for everything I've got. The i5 2500k is also a good processor for the price. I almost bought the i7 2600k, but the extra $100 dollars didn't warrant the minor increase in horse power. Besides, once it comes down in price, I'll ditch the i5 and upgrade to the i7. :cool:

Tried to make the currency USD and it says 1441 with my changes. I did look for a 560ti but the site did not have it sadly only an 550ti was available thx for the help. and as far as building my own from scrap I don't have the knowledge to do except the most common parts ofc :)

The power supply suggestion just comes from experience with the power supplies I use at work. We typically like to run most at 50% load as they are on 24/7 and have to be reliable. The way I'd explain is like this. If you had a car that had a max speed of 100mph and constantly ran it at 80mph it will break down quicker than if you always went 50mph. No idea if that philosophy translates to pc power supplies. I'm far from an expert on pc's so I don't mind different views on it.

That's what forums are for - discussion :)

Building your own pc for the 1st time can be pretty intimidating. I know I was very nervous. I really had no idea what I was doing. But I took my time and everything turned out well. I've built 5-6 pc's now and have to say I much prefer doing it this way. I get exactly what I want at a cheaper price and don't have to worry about the OS coming pre-loaded with a bunch of free or trail version software that I won't use and have to delete. TBH the worst part about doing it is waiting for all the the Windows updates to download and install. If you think you might be interested in doing this I can always write up a 'check list' of things I learned/found important when I built mine.

5 kids, 3 with computers...

I can't remember if I ever did a game in a graphic setting higher than medium. Most often I search for options to turn off as many graphic power eating stuff as possible. Building computers from parts on my own, I search for parts I can use on all 6 computer we have (3 kids, one in the work room of each my wife and me, one for our au pir girl). It is like a new CPU, graphic card and RAM each half year for the then oldest computer, other parts have a life time of like 6 years,.... So each year one of the computers is equipped with these other parts.

Keyboard, trackballs and monitors have higher quality compared to the average ones. The bit time a fast computer saves at office work ismor than eaten up if you saved at the interfaces and get headaches because of a bad monitor, nerve and tendons pain because of cheap keybord and mouse,... Still have this 10+ year old keyboard which weights 20 pounds and is old enough to have the old keyboard layout without these ugly windows keys.

Typical the oldest and slowest beast is mine, running Linux an used or office work.

Tried to make the currency USD and it says 1441 with my changes. I did look for a 560ti but the site did not have it sadly only an 550ti was available thx for the help. and as far as building my own from scrap I don't have the knowledge to do except the most common parts ofc :)

I sure hope the prices quoted on that link are NOT in Euros. That would be insanely high (coming up on $8,900 USD!) The case the computer comes in darn well better be made of gold at those prices!

I noticed the box doesn't come with an OS by default. What OS did you plan on installing on the machine?

Other than that, the system looks reasonable... I did a bit of comparison shopping. I looked at a Dell XPS 8300 system on Dell's web site and tried to match things as close as possible to what the defaults for your system came from. No clue as to what changes you made - those weren't reflected on the link you supplied. Dell's price came out to be about $1,150 USD. Some elements were better, some not so much. Dell no longer offers a 500 GB HDD, their smallest was 1 TB. Their best Nvidia card on this model was a GT 545. Then again, this system was priced for the US market. YMMV...

At any rate... If you like the deal, by all means go for it. Building your own system these days isn't likely to be all that much cheaper any more. It used to be you could save a LOT of money by doing it yourself. But systems these days are commodity items. On the other hand, you DO get the satisfaction of having done it yourself as well as choice on exactly which components go into your system. Of course, to make the choice intelligently, you really need to do a LOT of research to figure out what parts are best for what you want to do.

Also... You can skip adding parts from the factory if they aren't exactly what you want. For instance, that video card - if they don't have the one you want - you can just keep the default video card and find a good deal on the one you want and install it yourself. Keep in mind, that may have an effect on your warranty - so check with them first.

The power supply suggestion just comes from experience with the power supplies I use at work. We typically like to run most at 50% load as they are on 24/7 and have to be reliable. The way I'd explain is like this. If you had a car that had a max speed of 100mph and constantly ran it at 80mph it will break down quicker than if you always went 50mph. No idea if that philosophy translates to pc power supplies. I'm far from an expert on pc's so I don't mind different views on it.

That's what forums are for - discussion :)

Building your own pc for the 1st time can be pretty intimidating. I know I was very nervous. I really had no idea what I was doing. But I took my time and everything turned out well. I've built 5-6 pc's now and have to say I much prefer doing it this way. I get exactly what I want at a cheaper price and don't have to worry about the OS coming pre-loaded with a bunch of free or trail version software that I won't use and have to delete. TBH the worst part about doing it is waiting for all the the Windows updates to download and install. If you think you might be interested in doing this I can always write up a 'check list' of things I learned/found important when I built mine.

I used a site that had a psu calculator to help me figure out how much wattage I needed for my system. I would have added the link here, but sadly it has currently been flagged as a dangerous site by my antivirus software since the last time I have visited it. :( Basically it gave every component a value, and then it would add all the values together and add 100 (watts) to it to come out with the recommended power supply. I will have to find another site to suggest to friends wanting to customize their own systems, as that site is no longer safe, thus I will not recommend it.

Anyways, you can't really go wrong with a bigger power supply than what you need, although over time you'll see the difference on your electric bill...

I just ordered the parts to assemble a new PC (a first for me) and that was about what I spent. I have a book that makes the process sound easy, but only time will tell I guess.

Found a complet setup here I like just look at the white highlightet tekst for the specs

http://www.sharkgaming.dk/shark-brutality-i5-edition.html

I changed the gfx card to this one instead to get a bigger PSU

MSI GTX 570 Twin Frozr II Power Ed. (+ Cooler Master 750w

and added win7 64bit home edition and the.price was 8185 dkk (Danish krones ) and that's about 1.428,72 USD

Edited by Epox

That seems a little expensive to me and perhaps lacking for the price in terms of hard drive. Heres a build from a pc forum I peruse:

CPU: Intel Core i5 2500K $215

Mobo: Asrock Z68 Extreme3 Gen3 $129

RAM: 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3-1333 $42

HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB (ST2000DM001) $145

GPU: 2GB AMD Radeon HD7870 $395

Case: Sharkoon T9 Value Case $69

PSU: Antec VP550P $69

ODD: DVD burner $21

CPU HSF: Coolermaster Hyper 212 EVO $39

Total: $1,124

In terms of extras I don't know if you need a monitor/keyboard/mouse/speakers but if not this will cost you just over $1100 (aussie, US is about the same, converting to dkk gives just under 6300), although different markets may mean components are differently priced. Of course, adding the price of the OS will bump this up, and so will any of those extras you need. But, this is definitely a better comp than you listed. Has plenty of potential for overclocking, much bigger harddrive and a better graphics card which has room for overclocking to (if you want), and It's cheaper!

Well for me the 500th hdd Is not an issue since my current pc only has 320 and I don't use that much space in genereal and if I would ad a bigger hdd it will be with slower boot time 5400 instead of 7200.

And pricing wise Denmark is very expensive when it comes to electronic parts sadly.

also looked at these pc seems u get a little more

AMD game

http://www.mm-vision...2&type=pcsystem

here I changed HDD from 500 to 1000

Added Windows 7 64bit

Changed 600 PSU to 700

And changed the case

full pros around 8400

AMD suprem

http://www.mm-vision...1&type=pcsystem

here the HDD is only 500

Added win 7

and change PSU Dr 600 to 850

Price around 9000

AMD monster

http://www.mm-vision...3&type=pcsystem

added win7

change PSU from 700 to 850

if I changed the gfx card from 7970+7870 I would save 1375 Dkk which means the price would be 8508 Dkk

Price 9883

all prices are in dkk Danish krones

Edited by Epox

Well for me the 500th hdd Is not an issue since my current pc only has 320 and I don't use that much space in genereal and if I would ad a bigger hdd it will be with slower boot time 5400 instead of 7200.

And pricing wise Denmark is very expensive when it comes to electronic parts sadly.

also looked at these pc seems u get a little more

AMD game

http://www.mm-vision...2&type=pcsystem

here I changed HDD from 500 to 1000

Added Windows 7 64bit

Changed 600 PSU to 700

And changed the case

full pros around 8400

AMD suprem

http://www.mm-vision...1&type=pcsystem

here the HDD is only 500

Added win 7

and change PSU Dr 600 to 850

Price around 9000

AMD monster

http://www.mm-vision...3&type=pcsystem

added win7

change PSU from 700 to 850

if I changed the gfx card from 7970+7870 I would save 1375 Dkk which means the price would be 8508 Dkk

Price 9883

all prices are in dkk Danish krones

Those systems aren't bad, but I like this one better, the main reason being is because it comes with the i5 2500k processor (AMD processors are ok on a budget, but just don't compare to intel's speedier processors):

http://www.mm-vision.dk/produkter/vispcsystem.asp?action=vis&menu=computer&varenr=99153&type=pcsystem

Then I like this one better

Intel monster

http://www.mm-vision.dk/produkter/vispcsystem.asp?action=vis&menu=computer&varenr=99108&type=pcsystem

added win7

upgrade the 600w PSU to 850w

sadly only 500gb hdd

price 8693 dkk Danish krones

but even so I would not say AMD is low budget anymore their price range is equal Intel's now yes Intel is better at multi tasking but AMD is stronger gaming wise. and if u should end up with wither this Intel or the last AMD I would probably go for the AMD since I'm an AMD man and not Intel

Edited by Epox

Then I like this one better

Intel monster

http://www.mm-vision.dk/produkter/vispcsystem.asp?action=vis&menu=computer&varenr=99108&type=pcsystem

added win7

upgrade the 600w PSU to 850w

sadly only 500gb hdd

price 8693 dkk Danish krones

but even so I would not say AMD is low budget anymore their price range is equal Intel's now yes Intel is better at multi tasking but AMD is stronger gaming wise. and if u should end up with wither this Intel or the last AMD I would probably go for the AMD since I'm an AMD man and not Intel

That's a nice one, Epox. I've used both AMD and Intel processors on and off throughout the years. I don't really have a preference, other than price vs performance, and to a lesser extent energy usage.

Also, if you're organized like I am and don't prefer a lot of clutter on your hard drive, 500gb hdd is plenty of space. That is the hard drive I'm using on my current system, and I'm only using 65gb at this time. Besides, the price on hard drives is pretty steep right now.

Yeah I am pretty organized my current system only has a 320 HDD think their is still over 200 left only games installed are torchlight league of legends and bloodline champions. but I know that I2550k will beat 8120 and 8150 fx bulldozzer from AMD at the given time because AMD's new platform don't corporate to good with win7 duo to that no mobos support it to well with out a probber BIOS update. but I could sadly.live with 500 HDD the extra 500 would probably just be waist of space

and yeah AMD PCs are pretty power hungry sadly

Edited by Epox

Yeah I am pretty organized my current system only has a 320 HDD think their is still over 200 left only games installed are torchlight league of legends and bloodline champions. but I know that I2550k will beat 8120 and 8150 fx bulldozzer from AMD at the given time because AMD's new platform don't corporate to good with win7 duo to that no mobos support it to well with out a probber BIOS update. but I could sadly.live with 500 HDD the extra 500 would probably just be waist of space

and yeah AMD PCs are pretty power hungry sadly

So have you decided on which rig you're gonna buy?

I was in the market for a laptop (so couldnt go the build route) and came across Sager computers. I found them to be a better value. The only thing I am missing that I wanted was the back lit keyboard; but to purchase a brand with that feature and with the speed of mine it would have been another $600 bucks.

INTEL i5 2500K (SOCKET 1155), 4x 3.3ghz (DEN GODE "UNLOCKED" "K" MODEL)

* ASUS 1GB DDR5 GTX560 GEFORCE 2xDVI OG HDMI (20% COOLER) - changed this one to either gtx 560ti 1gb ddr5 asus dcII (+449) or HD7950 2 gb ddr5 asus dcII (+549)

* GIGABYTE Z68AP-D3-B3, BUNDKORT M. USB3.0 OG SATA6 Gbs

* 500GB SATA 6 Gbs HARDDISK, 7200RPM (WD) Changed to 1000gb (+299)

* 8GB DDR3 1600MHZ HYPER-X RAM, KINGSTON *10 ÅRS GARANTI*

* 24x SATA DVDBRÆNDER +/-, OG DVD-RAM (SONY)

* 750W "GAMING" STRØMFORSYNING, SILENT HIGH-END changed to 1000w coolermaster (+899)

* 8CH (5.1 & 7.1) SURROUND LYDKORT

* 8x USB2.0 PORTE (2 PÅ FRONT, 6 BAGPÅ)

* GIGABIT NETKORT (1000Mbit)

* KABINET COOLERMASTER ELITE430 - changed to coolermaster haf 922 (+475)

*WIndows 7 64bit (+799)

* and scytch Syrican CPU cooler (+299)

price

DKK 5.555,00 no changes made

price with changes

DKK 8825,00

so for 300 more I get all this compared to the mm ones

Edited by Epox

No ocing but I like having good air flow and cooling but I do see your point only thing I'm toiyng with is what gfx card to choose from the listed ones