Unarmed Toons

I know of none that actually run unarmed toons but me, so I'll bet others haven't seen this, yet I'm about to start another, so I'll bring it up now

Now of course you hafta take off the auto equip in the options, or it'll equip everything you pick up, and it isn't 'unarmed' any more =0)

Happens w or w/o the patch, so is prolly internally decided. When I was playing MP only, other peops could see the behavior as well

When I'm running unarmed, and I pick up any one handed weapon yellow or above (assuming this is only cause I'm using a shield), my toon equips it anyway.

It doesn't show on the screen as equipped, yet if for instance I try to sell it, I can't choose it. If I try to trade it (MP of course) can't choose it.

If I try to sell it by just pressing ctrl + right click, it won't sell. It sometimes disappears from inventory, yet no money goes into the character.

It also gives my toon the bonuses from said weapon. Easiest way to see that is if has + run speed, + light or visibility, or as Malekil pointed out to me fear is added when I have no other fear on the toon.

When I log out and log back into the same toon, the particular weapon is equipped, unless I've tried to sell it, in which case I find myself carrying it outside inventory. IOW, when I log in, as soon as I right click anything, I find I'm carrying it w my mouse, and I drop it at my feet.

Sometimes it happens when I'm moving the sigil kinda stuff or the stuff equipped in those slots the same way.

Only happens when autoequip is turned off.

I've had similar things happen when transferring items around. It seems that lag has something to dkk with it, but if I click to drop (or pickup, cant remember which) an item before It's properly registered by the game it seems to get stuck to the mouse and the only way I can then drop it is to leave the game and rejoin.