• 7 years later...

December 13th, 1963. Yup. Today is ole double nickel birthday. The day I was born there was erratic tides, a green moon, and too numerous too mention signs of impending and irreversible disaster. And despite everyones best efforts to stop it, I was born anyways.

19 minutes ago, Icefire said:

December 13th, 1963. Yup. Today is ole double nickel birthday. The day I was born there was erratic tides, a green moon, and too numerous too mention signs of impending and irreversible disaster. And despite everyones best efforts to stop it, I was born anyways.

Hey, IceFire, Happy Birthday! What a great way to post and find our l'il Sacred hidey hole

:thumbsup:

gogo

Birthdays... Mine isn't a whole day, more like half an hour in the morning and half an hour in the evening. Our twins should be born on x-mas. But at my birthday the stress was too much for my wife and so my last real birthday was stopped at 10pm and we had to drive for the hospital. Son was born short before and daughter short after midnight because she had to be turned. Was a bit complicated when the docs asked which time they should write. I said the correct one. The reasons for the question were obvious a few days later when we were discussing the options. We decided to do the same day with the option that my daughter can decide when she is 16.

So sunday we will have the soccer teams from daughter and son, classmates, grandparents, god parents, aunts and uncles, cousins and cousines, neighbours ... Will prepare the big firefighter hall for the party and half the village is baking cakes and preparing food. And then my half hour starts when we clean up and friends from firefighters who help will drink a beer with me ;)

• Like! 1
  • 1 year later...

March 18th. OK kids. 91 today...I've got the key of the door, never been 91 before....etc.  Chocolate cake for later. I will post a slice to those of you I know, er..   :chef:

• Respect! 1
55 minutes ago, Bondbug said:

March 18th. OK kids. 91 today...I've got the key of the door, never been 91 before....etc.  Chocolate cake for later. I will post a slice to those of you I know, er..   :chef:

Bond...thats so awesome.... what is the delicious Bret Celebratory dinner comprised of,.. towers of seafood and croissants?

Please do share

oh yes... 

There will be Wine!

:drunkards:

gogo

Hi gogo  :chef:the years keep ticking over. I remember well when George Washington said to me.....er....I forget ....oh well it doesn't matter now.

As to dinner I was about to post in the Inglenook in the hopes of finding Chattius supervising his little garden... as I need his advice.

3 hours ago, Bondbug said:

Hi gogo  :chef:the years keep ticking over. I remember well when George Washington said to me.....er....I forget ....oh well it doesn't matter now.

As to dinner I was about to post in the Inglenook in the hopes of finding Chattius supervising his little garden... as I need his advice.

Still rockin that awesome avatar, Bond!

:superman:

gogo

A belated but Happy Birthday to you Bondbug. May all of your derams and wishes come true for you. My birthday has been and gone it was feb 26th I'm 51 and hoping to live to be 151, if I should live any longer than that, it will be fantastic.

• Appreciation 1
  • 7 months later...

Long long night and not allowed to be at hospital because of lockdown laws and only the grandpa, but:

Family = Family + 2

👶👶

Our first grandchild was born 250 years after Napoleon was born. The twins 250 years after Bertel Thorvaldsen was born.

Novembre the 9th is the german Schicksalstag (day of fate) : first republic in 1918, fall of the Berlin wall 1989, Hitlers first try to take power in Munich 1923, 1938 the Reichskristallnacht,...

So I prefer the Bertel Thorvaldsen 250 years my mother in law mentioned. I never heard about him before, but she was doing stoneware tools and art and knows the marble monuments he did all over the world. Also very fitting he was born in to family of wood carvers - so was me

They will tell us the names of the babies when back from hospital, mixed twins, girl came first.

So my old brain has to remember Napoleon and Bertel Thorvaldson ;)

• Appreciation 1

Congratulations on Becoming a grandfather Chattius. my father loved being a grandfather... hope you will have many happy years with the grandchildren!

10 hours ago, chattius said:

Long long night and not allowed to be at hospital because of lockdown laws and only the grandpa, but:

Family = Family + 2

👶👶

Our first grandchild was born 250 years after Napoleon was born. The twins 250 years after Bertel Thorvaldsen was born.

Novembre the 9th is the german Schicksalstag (day of fate) : first republic in 1918, fall of the Berlin wall 1989, Hitlers first try to take power in Munich 1923, 1938 the Reichskristallnacht,...

So I prefer the Bertel Thorvaldsen 250 years my mother in law mentioned. I never heard about him before, but she was doing stoneware tools and art and knows the marble monuments he did all over the world. Also very fitting he was born in to family of wood carvers - so was me

They will tell us the names of the babies when back from hospital, mixed twins, girl came first.

So my old brain has to remember Napoleon and Bertel Thorvaldson ;)

Congratulations friend May Many years of Grandfathering be along your way.. and delicious cake too!

:theuns:

gogo

• 1 year later...
15 hours ago, Vishanka said:

Need a place to vent

Its my 30th birthday today and I was hit by COVID yesterday and I'm really sick :flu:

Sending you tons of hugs and good vibes Vishanka!! :hugs: 30 is an EPIC time of life! But having covid is awful ... noooooooooooooo... we got it just a month ago coming back from vacay and i had an especially bad bout of it.. I hope you're spoiling yourself, have a big pile of chocolate near by and hot pot of chicken soup.

Here for the good vibes...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY 

:cow:

also adding a little bit of cow power

:D

gogo

3 hours ago, Vishanka said:

Need a place to vent

Its my 30th birthday today and I was hit by COVID yesterday and I'm really sick :flu:

Sorry to hear that. Wishing you a speedy recovery and happy birthday nonetheless.

• Appreciation 1
On 8/12/2022 at 2:49 PM, Vishanka said:

Need a place to vent

And, sooooo 

was there cake?

:JC_rimshot:

gogo

ps @Hooyaah , dang yer right Steve!  no birthday smiley! :eek: 

• The title was changed to Birthdays
5 hours ago, gogoblender said:

And, sooooo 

was there cake?

:JC_rimshot:

gogo

ps @Hooyaah , dang yer right Steve!  no birthday smiley! :eek: 

We don't have a birthday smiley, Rommel. But, here's a birthday greeting especially for you, Vishanka! I hope that your day was awesome. Thanks for making DarkMatters a "brighter" place! :crazy_pilot:

happy_birthday_30.jpg.a8a5bc195bf2a8578642717e29bb5632.jpg

• Appreciation 1
6 minutes ago, Hooyaah said:

We don't have a birthday smiley, Rommel. But, here's a birthday greeting especially for you, Vishanka! I hope that your day was awesome. Thanks for making DarkMatters a "brighter" place! :crazy_pilot:

happy_birthday_30.jpg.a8a5bc195bf2a8578642717e29bb5632.jpg

Hunting up a birthday smiley this week

:superman:

gogo

I hope for a quick recovery and no long covid.

About your birthday;

When the twins were three years old my wife sung PUR with their birthday song. The last birthday song for more than 10 years.

My wife was expecting the twins about 10 days after my birthday. Whole family and friends decided to come to my birthday. At 8pm my wife said oh oh and we had to call an emergency transport. The boy was before midnight the girl had to be turned and was after midnight. That was my last birthday just for me. When the girl was 12 she asked to have her birthday changed to her real birthday. But that doesn't make anything better now the boy's birthday party is going till after midnight and connects with the girl one next day. 

Before I had these 2 hours with my wife when cleaning up the twins party and at least one person wishing me a happy birthday.

A gray hair

once more a year passes

best wishes, thank you, great

There's always still a reason to celebrate

I see a gray hair

once more a year passes

best wishes, thank you, great

There's always still a reason to celebrate

I see a gray hair

https://lyricstranslate.com/de/ein-graues-haar-gray-hair.html

• Appreciation 1