The new Sacred 2 CM patch - Now available for Ice & Blood

Heya,

read that you want to write/translate all changes. If you want, I could probably help out with that.

Just an offer.... would be glad to return at least a favor for this awesome piece of work :)

Consider it... happy to help out in any way!

Greetz

first of:

it's nice to see there's still 'something going on' , meaning efforts to get the best out of this game (and community :) )

well done !

unfortunately I still haven't had the time for a personal 'hands on' test, I still have too less free time recently :)

I'm looking forward to try it out, one day tho ...!

btw:

maybe I overead it, in case I didn't:

could you add a link to (or quote) the most recent patch-changelog , directly to the starting-post? (also found none in the archive you added..)

also, one of the biggest problems I have with the game since it's been released:

the text-string color for item-names, related to item-quality class!

each time, I found it very disappointing that I have never been able to tell the difference between legendaries (orange-ish) and uniques (brown/gold-ish)..

no matter how much I stare rubbing my nose on the screen,

I just can't tell them apart color-wise, no way to make out any difference !

that is, because I'm handicapped , it's called a "color vision deficiency" (dyschromatopsy) :

inability to perceive differences between some of the colors that others can distinguish

like most people that are affected, I have difficulties with some color-tones,

especially everything with a high portion of red or green included.. (red,orange,green,brown,gold,ochre,ruby,etc)

in most cases it's congenital, the percentage of affected male humans is pretty high... and in our family,

I got it (a mild form) , so has my father, and my (maternal) grandfather (he's affected most.. but at least he can tell different traffic-lights apart :P)

even if females are unaffected, they can still be a carrier... ah uh anyway:

in my (like in most) case it's more red-green related

(some have more problems with blue-yellow, and few have problems with all color-channels)

in most cases I can at least tell which color is more 'bright' or 'dark' (in case I shouldn't be able to name the color)

...but in the case of these legendaries+uniques I'm without any chance, no way

(I could look up the item-name on wiki each time I find them for verification or learn their names by heart.. but that's a suboptimal workaround imho)

long story short:

has someone finally found a way to change the item-color scheme? (the one that indicates whether an item is a unique or a legendary, I have no problems with the other colors..

Edited by Rotluchs
Heya,

read that you want to write/translate all changes. If you want, I could probably help out with that.

Just an offer.... would be glad to return at least a favor for this awesome piece of work :)

Consider it... happy to help out in any way!

Greetz

The german changelog can be found here:

http://forum.sacred-game.com/showpost.php?...amp;postcount=1

along with the download link and a small history.

The whole changelog is an openoffice document. I prefer this to be "confidential", so no one outside the testing staff can use this as a guide.

I can upload the oo-doc into our office - in fact it is already there, but archived. Access to this office only needs a valid email adress. If you want to join, simply send a pm to czevak or me with your email adress.

Access to mantis is even more simple: Just register, thats all.

CU Marcus

I just did the special mount quest on the Mount island, the last Test subject a big spider on the 3rd round just wiped my Inquisitor on 2 swings what gives ?

The Inquisitor does have low armor but come on is this even normal? I was playing on Softcore is it meant for the spider to give such amount of damage per second ?

I watched the portrait of the beast just to see what damage he do and it marked there 420 dmg :P

Edited by nomad13
The t-mutants in that quest can be pretty tricky if you are not prepared properly, although to be honest I dont know if they strong enough to 2hit any toon Ive seen.

Yeah, I got reports on those. I tried to fix a bug with them not giving nearly enough experience, and inadvertedly made them stronger in the process. It will be fixed in the next relase. That's a promise. :P

1- I haven't seen any Direct Damage% bonus on Inquisitor, HE, dragon mage, SW and dryad aspect-sets, (compared to the TG which have 2 set-items with this bonus) is there any possibility to add at least one time this bonus for each class ?

2- You've talked about turning the final bonus +xx Life leeched per hit of the SW set Denderan's Tactical Genius into %Life leech. What about HE's Adornement of the Ancestors which also have a very low bonus of life leech ?

1- I haven't seen any Direct Damage% bonus on Inquisitor, HE, dragon mage, SW and dryad aspect-sets, (compared to the TG which have 2 set-items with this bonus) is there any possibility to add at least one time this bonus for each class ?

2- You've talked about turning the final bonus +xx Life leeched per hit of the SW set Denderan's Tactical Genius into %Life leech. What about HE's Adornement of the Ancestors which also have a very low bonus of life leech ?

Then we could play a HE bosskiller!

Some ideas and propositions from French Community :

- Aspect Set-items balancing

As devs said, some bonus don't work anymore with Ice&Blood for spells. They just forgot to remove them from set items...

Maybe it's possible to remove useless bonus and replacing by an other more usefull for caster chars ?

Dryad :

Daerwain's Headgear

Offensive Skills/Tactic Lore

Daerwain's greaves

Strenght

Helmet of the Thorns

Chances for critical hits%

HE :

Celdarhil's Claw

Chances for critical hits

Faladal's Gloves

Chances for critical hits + Regen per hit (can't be directly used for spells)

Inqui :

Deylen's Loyality

Opponents level for deathblow/Attack Value (hybrid?)

Sakari's Destiny

Sakari's Downfall

Third bonus of set-completion from Deylen's : Chance to fear opponents away

Why this bonus for the set of the aspect which need huge groups of ennemies to work ?

seraphim :

Righteous hans of the celestial

Justice of the celestial

Life leeched per hits/Tactic lore

Combat arts balancing/bugs :

SW

- Frenzied Rampage : Double-hit mods seems to don't work with shurikens

Dryad

- Goldenglade touch : Reducing a bit the life points regen at high level

- Tangled vine : 9-9 base damage at level 1 seems weak for the start.

Dragon mage

- Increasing a bit transformations efficiency

HE

- Raging nimbus, wiki say : Blizzard duration 6.0 s. Duration will increase per Combat Art level - Currently duration don't increase with CA lvls.

- Cobalt strike : Area of Effect mod range seems a bit weak

- Incendiary Shower : mod Devastation - Increases the chance of inflicting critical hits. (9.9% + 0.1% per CA level chance) -> 0.1% per level seems very weak (or affected by Inferno Lore ?)

seraphim

- Baneful Smite : Chain mod, Chance for chain lightning. (80% + 0.1% per CA level chance) It's ok, but a chain of 2 hits only is limited. (maybe increasing this number with CA level with max of 3-4 hits ?)

- Droprates :

Increasing a bit droprates of these sets / set items (too rares - especially at low level) :

(dryad) Shoulders of time

(HE) Ashes of perdition

(SW) Ravok's renaissance

(Inqui) Insignia of inquisition

Reducing the droprate of this item :

Nikotaste's Wall

450 bosses for a legendary for a single player, seems very very too much... Maybe reducing a bit this number , can help single players to get more legendaries in the same playtime (I think, for players who have a lot of work the day and can't play with a team)

It's currently our ideas, even if it's not possible to change everything, maybe it can help.

Good luck :girl_sigh:

Edited by Woody

:girl_sigh: Thats quite a lot. :yay:

Well lets see:

Do you have any suggestions for the replacement of the non-working boni on the aspect sets?

(Btw. Why does the Str-Bous on the DR greaves not work?)

On the CAs, Spells, buffs etc:

SW

- Frenzied Rampage : Double-hit mods seems to don't work with shurikens

That is not fixable. I guess it is somewhat related to the Throw-star classifier.

Dragon mage

- Increasing a bit transformations efficiency

Please elaborate. Transformation of what? Which spell? (I dont know that much about the DM, sorry.)

Baneful Smite: It's ok, but a chain of 2 hits only is limited. (maybe increasing this number with CA level with max of 3-4 hits ?)

Not sure if anything can be done about the number of targets hit. I will have a look however.

The rest of the spell-related stuff seems doable. No problem there.

On the Legendaries: Sorry, we won't increase the overall chance for finding them. This would lead to a huge wave of legendaries on the market and could be considered "cheating" by our own standards. There are a lot of people doing boss runs, and they would rack 'n' stack the stuff in no time. So no.

I will have a look at the droprate issues for the mentioned setitems, to find out if there are irregularities. Esp. the Niokastes Wall problem.

There was a thread in the geman forum about patching the dragon mage transformations. The problem with the dragon mage is that it gets a totally new body which inherits none of the skills.

german thread with dragon berzerk mod

Even you can patch the offensive combat arts into something balanced, the defensive part of a transformed dragon mage is way too weak in higher difficulties in my eyes.

There were tries to add something like toughness and damage mitigation, but a transformed dragon mage needs combat art block against the x% life leech attacks too.

I hope that I will at least have new horse powers tested out in a month.

Edited by chattius

Thanks for your answer :yay:

Thats quite a lot.

Results of some brainstorming. ^^

That is not fixable. I guess it is somewhat related to the Throw-star classifier.

Bad news for this.. :girl_sigh:

Please elaborate. Transformation of what? Which spell? (I dont know that much about the DM, sorry.)

Ah yes, sorry, I've forgot to add link of Combat Arts. Transformation into dragon.

http://sacredwiki.org/index.php5/Sacred_2:Dragon_Berserk

http://sacredwiki.org/index.php5/Sacred_2:Dragon_Form

A player gave me this link : http://forum.sacred2.com/showthread.php?t=66385

I'll ask him more details about this, as I haven't tested dragon-mage forms myself, I think we can forget this point a little moment (just need to find about what he was talking)

Sorry..

-Edit : well, chattius have answered :bye:-

On the Legendaries: Sorry, we won't increase the overall chance for finding them. This would lead to a huge wave of legendaries on the market and could be considered "cheating" by our own standards. There are a lot of people doing boss runs, and they would rack 'n' stack the stuff in no time. So no.

We've thinked about this, it's logic, after all.

-

Now for set-items :

Daerwain's greaves

(Btw. Why does the Str-Bous on the DR greaves not work?)

It work, but not really usefull for a voodoo dryad, by example.

We can keep this bonus on it, but I don't see the interests for a caster. (only possibility of use : hunter dryad based on strenght)

I think, even if you delete strenght, you don't need to add a bonus, it's enough good without.

Daerwain's headgear :

Voodoo Lore +xx or Combat Arts Skills +xx or Ranged Defense Value +xx (don't remember how we call this bonus...)

Helmet of the thorns :

Damage +xx% or max hitpoints +xxx

Celdarhil's Claw :

Regeneration Penalty from Buffs -X% (low value)

Faladal's gloves :

Regeneration Time: -X% or Spell intensity%

Deylen's Loyality :

+xx% Damage or +xx% Chances to reflect : combat arts

Sakari's Destiny :

Chance to halve Regeneration time +X% or +xx All Skills

Sakari's Downfall :

Defense Value +X% or Hitpoints regeneration +xx%

Righteous Hands of the Celestial :

Spell intesity +xx% or Combat Art Skills +X

Justice of the celestial :

Detrimental magic effects -X% or Chances to block : root

If you plan to try to modifiy the third bonus of Deylen's set-completion, I can say : A low bonus of Combat Art Range or Chance to disregard armor +X% (if it works with spells) or Defense Value +X% .

:)

Edited by Woody

Thank you. I will have a look at those.

Small note on this:

- Incendiary Shower : mod Devastation - Increases the chance of inflicting critical hits. (9.9% + 0.1% per CA level chance)

You will get a 30% chance on critical hits with the meteors on ca level 200. If I increase it just to +0.2%/level, you will recieve a 50% chance on said ca level. I think this would be too much. I am afraid there is no smaller increment (<1) to that modifier.

I find the report on the dm_transforms very interesting. I think I have enough knowlegde on the creature system, to make a few adjustments and tests. Will take a while though...

Edited by czevak
Thank you. I will have a look at those.

Small note on this:

- Incendiary Shower : mod Devastation - Increases the chance of inflicting critical hits. (9.9% + 0.1% per CA level chance)

You will get a 30% chance on critical hits with the meteors on ca level 200. If I increase it just to +0.2%/level, you will recieve a 50% chance on said ca level. I think this would be too much. I am afraid there is no smaller increment (<1) to that modifier.

Ok thanks :girl_sigh:

For Incendiary Shower, I've said this because, when we read the description of the Glacial thorns mod :

Devastation - Increases the chance for critical hits. (9.8% + 0.2% per CA level increased chance)

Don't know if something change between the two Combat Arts.

But, anyway, don't worry, it's not the more important ^^

Edited by Woody

Yes I think that was the problem of the attempt in the german thread about dragon berzerks: they used just spells.txt.

But I think the defense belongs into the new body if you give up all skills and buffs.

For the offense: giving x% life leech comparable to a full set bonus was done. But personally I would have added a chance for explosive hits for mob control.

And something like TW-Schöpfungsschlag

entry3 = {"et_physical_to_best", 500, 50, 0, 5 }

To transform physical damage to the least resist of the enemy (dragon berzerk can't swap weapons with diffrent damage types).

By moving the defense stuff to the creature.txt there should be some room for fine tuning the offense. I will try some editing at weekend and hope my daughters will test it. At least there seems to be no soccer/vaulting/hockey tournament this weekend.

Understandable approach and answer, but I'm one of those folk whom work and hence play single player predominantly, even if slightly improved would help players like myself, but if not no worries for what's being done is FANTASTIC :girl_sigh:

Edited by Groosum

Understandable approach and answer, but I'm one of those folk whom work and hence play single player predominantly, even if slightly improved would help players like myself, but if not no worries for what's being done is FANTASTIC :girl_sigh:

You can change the drop rates yourself if you want a bit of an extra chance to find a legendary or two.

Understandable approach and answer, but I'm one of those folk whom work and hence play single player predominantly, even if slightly improved would help players like myself, but if not no worries for what's being done is FANTASTIC :P

You can change the drop rates yourself if you want a bit of an extra chance to find a legendary or two.

Could you pm myself on this or send details within on how 2 do, not going to be sharing with own world for personal buzz.

Hmm...I clicked on the download link of Sacred 2 Launcher (in 1st post, the section above the CM-patch download), but RapidShare says "Error: Uploader removed this file."?

Anywhere else I could download it? I googled but get all different stuffs...

I can't read german >< I'll try using google translator.

You don't need to do so. Just press the spoiler buttons until you reach the download link called "Download Sacred2 Launcher".

CU Marcus

I can't read german >< I'll try using google translator.

You don't need to do so. Just press the spoiler buttons until you reach the download link called "Download Sacred2 Launcher".

CU Marcus

Updated Post #1. Link works now. Sorry for the delay.

Hey guys, I don't know if this is related to the other quest issues, but when I tried to do the quest on Seraphim Island where you fight in the arena against waves of demons, I almost got my HC character slaughtered, since the number of demon spawns was way more than I remembered before.

The first wave is usually 1~2 demons, right? I think I fought like 6 or 7 of them.

The second wave spawned like 10~15 demons, of 3 different strengths/varieties, with the strongest ones almost impossible to kill, and they would always respawn the weaker ones. I'm thankful I was able to save and exit before I died, took me like 5 minutes of running around and healing.

Edited by cloudblade70