The new Sacred 2 CM patch - Now available for Ice & Blood

Are there any plans on 0140+?

From what I've heard... Mind you this is only what I've heard. There IS a v140 in the works and is "coming soon".. How soon - depends on when things will be finished.

As for anything beyond that... I've heard tell there just isn't that much popping up in the bug reports department, nor are there much in the way of new, good ideas popping up for new quests/items. So the likelihood of a version 150 or anything beyond isn't in the cards.

Of course, this can change and another version may wind up on the battleplan. YMMV...

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I'm going to give the CM patch a try since every tweak or change I've made for the game still leads to crashes. I thought that the information on the Steam forums was a solution, but I generally can run maybe an hour or two before a crash occurs.

• 2 weeks later...

The next CM Patch will be add something new in game? Armor, quest, boss, items? I think these because CM Team release last version 1 year ago :sweating::Just_Cuz_21::thumbsup::drinks:

Not quite a year.. yet. The last release, 130, was released in September 2010... Not there yet, but at the rate things are progressing, it might wind up taking that long.

• 2 months later...

To download the patch, you must remove the "v" before 0140 :tongue:

http://xmas.ancaria.net/patches/cm-patch0140.zip

Great news! And what do we say? Thank You, CM patch team ^^

Long Life Sacred

here is the changelog btw http://www.frankrentmeister.info/mantisbt/changelog_page.php

Aww...sonovacrap! Sorry for the typo guys. I corrected the link in the first posting now. ;)

Changelog for the Wiki if you like:

>>>>>>>>>>>> Patchnotes CM-Patch v0140 (Summer Release 2012) <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

[[General]]

Fixed an issue where invisible objects and "stairs" appeared in settlements.

Removed max-level cap for all regions. Feel free to farm on your level where ever you like :)

[[Animation]]

Inquisitor Animations have been further optimized to prevent skipping.

[[Enemies and Bosses]]

Removed the enemies from the vicinity of the last monolith before the big machine.

[[items and Drops]]

Added a new epic throwpotion: Light of Earendil.

New Bracers of Atherton for the Dragon Mage.

All Fruitbaskets have proper naming now.

Added three new Trophies: Four leaf clover, Construction plans and Divine spark.

[[Quests]]

Rikals assistants are now removed during the quest "The Usurer".

Elve Mehmedagic is not a target during the quest "Annoying Little Kobold Shamans" anymore

NPCs from the quest "Redemption" leave Thylysium afterwards.

Quest "Unexpected News" cannot be lost anymore to prevent logbook issues.

Healthbars in "Ephrahim's Nightmare", "Witching About", "Spider Infestation", "Cut Off" and "Holdup" adjusted.

Informant Harol from the quest "By Order of the Crown" is available, state as hireling is corrected.

Added a Runedrop reward for the quest "Faust".

Correction of disband-flag in "Bloody Rituals", "Frightened Guard (Light)", "Tutorial Hireling", "A Picnic in the Swamps (Light)", "A Picnic in the Swamps (Shadow)", "Attack from the Mist" and "By Order of the Crown"

Shadow quests "Nightmares" and "Operation White Vest" adjusted. Only works if a new game or difficulty is started.

[[New Quests]]

Shadow version of the quest "The Unsurer" activated.

"Hired Assassins (Light)" and "Hired Assassins (Shadow)" activated, but dialogs and logbook entries are missing.

Edited by czevak

Aww...sonovacrap! Sorry for the typo guys. I corrected the link in the first posting now. ;)

Changelog for the Wiki if you like:

>>>>>>>>>>>> Patchnotes CM-Patch v0140 (Summer Release 2012) <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

[[General]]

Fixed an issue where invisible objects and "stairs" appeared in settlements.

Removed max-level cap for all regions. Feel free to farm on your level where ever you like :)

[[Animation]]

Inquisitor Animations have been further optimized to prevent skipping.

[[Enemies and Bosses]]

Removed the enemies from the vicinity of the last monolith before the big machine.

[[items and Drops]]

Added a new epic throwpotion: Light of Earendil.

New Bracers of Atherton for the Dragon Mage.

All Fruitbaskets have proper naming now.

Added three new Trophies: Four leaf clover, Construction plans and Divine spark.

[[Quests]]

Rikals assistants are now removed during the quest "The Usurer".

Elve Mehmedagic is not a target during the quest "Annoying Little Kobold Shamans" anymore

NPCs from the quest "Redemption" leave Thylysium afterwards.

Quest "Unexpected News" cannot be lost anymore to prevent logbook issues.

Healthbars in "Ephrahim's Nightmare", "Witching About", "Spider Infestation", "Cut Off" and "Holdup" adjusted.

Informant Harol from the quest "By Order of the Crown" is available, state as hireling is corrected.

Added a Runedrop reward for the quest "Faust".

Correction of disband-flag in "Bloody Rituals", "Frightened Guard (Light)", "Tutorial Hireling", "A Picnic in the Swamps (Light)", "A Picnic in the Swamps (Shadow)", "Attack from the Mist" and "By Order of the Crown"

Shadow quests "Nightmares" and "Operation White Vest" adjusted. Only works if a new game or difficulty is started.

[[New Quests]]

Shadow version of the quest "The Unsurer" activated.

"Hired Assassins (Light)" and "Hired Assassins (Shadow)" activated, but dialogs and logbook entries are missing.

Um.. So does this mean the text for the books being dropped in the Ancient Secrets quest are included or...?

Edited by wolfie2kX

Would it be possible to have separate downloads for 1.30 and 1.40. I'm requesting it since I believe there could be people who don't like the new no-level-cap. To me, it seems that no level cap means you could reach level 200 in Bronze if I'm reading the notes right.

Nice to see it's finally complete. A big hand for the CM-Team for your efforts. Have a few on me :drunkards:

Dave: Dunno if I'm misinterpreting it but I think the cap removal is for the different areas in game, so that basically one could grind happily around in either the neighborhood of Thylisium or the Wasteland. Just for an example.

CM-crew for confirmation though, as I'm not 100% sure of it...

Interesting-- Trying to run the 140 patch.. (Currently have 130) I get this error. Is it ok to update? Not gotten this error previously. Running English(United States) Win7 64bit

Edit: I figured out my problem. I have a custom setup where the game is in a ram drive with a symbolic link. I use bat files to keep the stored folder up2date from ram, and copy it to the ram drive. The folder was not present on the ram drive.

Thanks.. :)

Edited by MageMaster
Um.. So does this mean the text for the books being dropped in the Ancient Secrets quest are included or...?

They were included in a previous version, but the content was only "Coming soon..." as we didn't finish translation in time. Now the books should show the correct content, so you can actually read the story.

Dunno if I'm misinterpreting it but I think the cap removal is for the different areas in game, so that basically one could grind happily around in either the neighborhood of Thylisium or the Wasteland. Just for an example.

CM-crew for confirmation though, as I'm not 100% sure of it...

Correct. The initial problem was "Ancient Secrets". The quest sends you from the seraphim island back to the highelf area, so all enemies were way too easy to fight. So it's just the maxlevel of the areas that was removed.

So is this the final patch you guys will be releasing?

Depends... there were only a few reactions to V0136 and v0138, so the interest is getting less by the time. That's quite normal for a four-year-old game with a follow-up in sight.

On the other hand:

There are a few ideas and things to be done noticed in our bugtraker. But e.g. creating a new boss from scratch is of course way more time-expensive than placing an existing NPC as a boss on the map. So things get more and more difficult to handle.

I myself only have got a few things to check "in general", some translation fixes and maybe some quest errors, but nothing big in sight. So from my point of view a V0150 is quite possible, but there won't be bigger changes anymore.

CU Marcus

Edited by marcuswob

There seems to be some problem with changing bonuses on random amulets and rings going from 0130 to 0140.

We are working on it and try to provide a hotfix soon.

EDIT: Hotfix is out. Please redownload or wait for the automatic update to pop up. ;)

Edited by czevak

They were included in a previous version, but the content was only "Coming soon..." as we didn't finish translation in time. Now the books should show the correct content, so you can actually read the story.

CU Marcus

YAY! They're finally in there! :D

Tho I'm kind of stuck ATM because I'm unable to read the final book. Seems the quest is not available thru Free Play. I went back on one character I played all the way thru - but finished the game without having done the quest - found Toren, got the quest, got the first 4 books, but went to loot the box where the final book should have been and it was already emptied.

Ah well.. My next character who I can finish the game with is in the Desert and shouldn't take too long to get thru.

• 1 month later...

Hi Czevak,

I installed Community Patch version 0140hf. Although the Community Patch Installer version 0140 hotfix seems to install flawlessly, the Community Patch Uninstaller won't allow me to uninstall. I know I can use the reset tool to reset Sacred 2. I was just curious if there is something defective with the 0140hf Uninstaller since the Community Patch version 0130 installer and uninstaller work flawlessly on my system.

Thanks,

Mark

CM Patch v0140 is Up!

Download in first posting as always.

Enjoy!

Thank you for this release.

A big *High Five* to the community patch team.

Downloading as I type this message.

I remain, :bye:

After download. Trying to run the program, a warning message says my language is not supported by the CM Patch.

If it helps I have v0130 installed currently. Simply trying to upgrade to the new patch version.

Thank You.

I remain, :sweating:

Hello. This is my first post in Darkmatters ;b

I play CMP 130 and I wanna play 140, but when I click in yellow links this web send me to another windows where I can tead this:

[#10343] We could not determine which topic you were attempting to view.

I can't download 140. Can you help me pelase?

Edit: Dont worry >u< I was making click in links at page 51 or 52. I didn't see >>Get it here<< in page 1 xD

Edited by Ariadim

Hello. This is my first post in Darkmatters ;b

I play CMP 130 and I wanna play 140, but when I click in yellow links this web send me to another windows where I can tead this:

[#10343] We could not determine which topic you were attempting to view.

I can't download 140. Can you help me pelase?

Edit: Dont worry >u< I was making click in links at page 51 or 52. I didn't see >>Get it here<< in page 1 xD

Welcome to Darkmatters!

Sure.. There are a few options for grabbing the file.

1.) The first one is to go back to the first page of this thread and read the first post. The >>Get It Here<< link is about 1/2 way through the first post by Czevak. The link should be BLUE...

2.) #1 above will lead you to THIS LINK. You can grab it from here.

3.) You can grab it from DarkMatters' own downloads section which can be found HERE. However, since you're new here, you may have limited access to that section until you make a few extra posts. Not entirely sure how that section works for new people. I do know there are (or were) some limitations for access. Gogoblender, our fearless Sysop, will likely have more information and should be chiming in soon.

Edited by wolfie2kX